• Hail, we're RedGuides. We want you to play several EverQuest characters at once. We have scripts and a friendly community to help, please join our playstyle and say hello! 👋

Other - Nav Questions

Grumm

Active member
So I'm not sure whats going, been playing on the Dark Exiles EMU server. I cant seem to get the nav or easy find working. Sometimes I can use the Manuel travelto command and it works, other times nothing. Look gonna be upfront I'm literate with programs (working on it) but yeah if anyone has any ideas let me know.
 
Have you downloaded the nav meshes? The RG install includes a mesh updater exe that you should run to download the nav meshes. You need one for each zone where you might use nav.
 
Have you downloaded the nav meshes? The RG install includes a mesh updater exe that you should run to download the nav meshes. You need one for each zone where you might use nav.
Gonna uninstall and reinstall it I may have them pointing to the live folder?
 
@Grumm Easyfind is not the same as nav. The /travelto command is from Easyfind and doesn't work the same on Emu because the atlas doesn't work. There is a file called ZoneConnections.yaml that Easyfind uses which can be used to hardcode workarounds for specific zones. That's why some will work and others will not.

For your specific emu server, you can manually put zone connections into emu\resources\EasyFind\ZoneConnections.yaml in order to be able to use /travelto commands

(You'll notice when you press Ctrl+F for the find window, it doesn't have the same information as Live)
 
One thing that I've encountered as well is that you must be inside the navmesh in order to be able to successfully initiate a /travelto. For example, if you're in PoK, north of Amile Pitt up on the hill, you can't /travelto anywhere because it can't find a path to the destination due to not finding the starting point on the navmesh. But if you move down right next to Amile then you can /travelto.
 
Other - Nav Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
Cart