• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Nav Mesh and trees problem (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,388¢
Is there any way to correlate the location of a tree on the mesh to make it a no walk area?

There are trees in Timourous Falls blocking nav but they dont appear on the mesh so I cant make a no walk area around them.

Is there any way to correlate the location of a tree on the mesh to make it a no walk area?

There are trees in Timourous Falls blocking nav but they dont appear on the mesh so I cant make a no walk area around them.
you can edit your mesh in the mesh editor - you can take yourself to the loc in the map.

unfortunately many of those entities aren't something that meshgen knows about ahead of time.

I suggest using "avoid" for areas you want to avoid, rather than "not walkable" in any circumstance possible. just in case if you end up in a location you don't want to be in, you can still get out.

image.png

1701203969852-png.png

1701204037487-png.png

The trees in this expansion aren't part of the mesh zone file, but are objects added in later. This way they can be removed at will for any instanced (missions, raids) versions of the zone.

Unfortunately, it also means we're all getting stuck on them as the mesh is built right through them instead of around them.

The trees in this expansion aren't part of the mesh zone file, but are objects added in later. This way they can be removed at will for any instanced (missions, raids) versions of the zone.

Unfortunately, it also means we're all getting stuck on them as the mesh is built right through them instead of around them.

Yeah, it really sucks, Im hitting trees harder than Sonny Bono :(

Problem - Nav Mesh and trees problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back