• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

n00b Macro question / suggestion (1 Viewer)

Tribunalite

RedCents
Hi guys

My USMC buddy and I are going home soon ( !!! ) and will be roommates running a LAN at home with 6 PCs, and we will be moving toons off of the Tribunal. 3 are mine, 3 are his. Between us, we have 6 accounts, and here is the problem

I 2 boxed some and he 3 boxed, but we want to use MQ to alleviate some of the machine switching, so we are looking into AFK macros on some of the toons in the group. Currently we have:

68 war
70 cl
68 sh
67 enc
68 mage
65 bst

The enc doesn't have any runes yet, and the mage only has the 66 and 67 runes. What I am asking is, which should we set for macros? I was thinking the sh enc cl mage, and we mainplay the war and bst. I've seen a lot of macros for AFKs here and was wanting honest opinions on which to use since there are more than one for each.

Also was wondering which zones would be safe deathwise to try this out since we are about 50-75 aas on each and bazaar geared but can handle the zones we want to kill in. Would like to find an area we can camp so to say and use the AFKs to assist on heals dots slows etc while the war and mage pull and actively kill. I figure we can do pop zones like torment, and maybe rcod or wos or nc. We are hoping to catch up on equip and aas to join a time guild since we are flagged but don't meet the aa or equip reqs. End goal is aas, levels skillups, and some runes either from drops or selling loots.

look into the autobot on the macroquest site, a lot of people have had luck with that. but i personally havent. do you have any macro code exp?

I 6 box and when I decide to take control of the group I always play my tank. I just find it easier for me to take the most active role of puller and leading the group around and have all the support/dps classes botted. As for your friend he should take whatever other class he'll have fun playing, all the rest are optional.

And yes, absolutely contribute to MQ2 VIP and go get the autobot macro. It's grown to be a little more involved then it used to but it's worth the time to get setup and running.

Thanks for the info. We are going to play the bst and war since the others can use pets and are not really melee classes. Does the autobot include macros for the different classes or do I need to get those as well? I am a programmer for the military, so C and such are easy, and the macroquest code shouldnt be too hard to decypher. Don't have access to the bot yet but will get it today I hope. Thanks for the info guys.

n00b Macro question / suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back