• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - MyGroup (1 Viewer) v1.32

grimmier

Tinkerer
RedCents
1,922¢
grimmier submitted a new resource:

MyGroup - Stupidly Simple Group Window

A Very simple Group Window.

You can skin and scale the colors and text sizes.

clicking will target
tooltips on the group members lvl show information.

come to me, follow me , and mimic target buttons:
Come ToMe = functions the same as the group info version does in game.
Follow Me = is a toggle and functions the same as group info
Mimic Target = is a toggle and will have your group mimic your target, does not support mimic commands. for that use...

Read more about this resource...

Something that would be a nice addition: ability to customize certain info, either for all members or by class. For example, I don't normally care about endurance on most of my group, and I don't typically care about seeing pet health in my group window.. Would it even be possible to selectively set these?

Something that would be a nice addition: ability to customize certain info, either for all members or by class. For example, I don't normally care about endurance on most of my group, and I don't typically care about seeing pet health in my group window.. Would it even be possible to selectively set these?
i can add more options like that to the config.

Cool. Also, for some reason my Enchanter isn't showing his mana bar in the My Group window. He's in the 6th spot so don't know if it is because of his class or because of the spot.
I may have missed the class when filtering out the mana bar classes. Will look at that as well. Tha ks for the heads up

Hwy i get that when I do /lua run Mygroup. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?
that should have been fixed in the early morning patch i posted.

Cool. Also, for some reason my Enchanter isn't showing his mana bar in the My Group window. He's in the 6th spot so don't know if it is because of his class or because of the spot.
pushed this fix and requested config options just now should appear in next hr

Hi, yes the themes.Lua does exist inside the folder:

1711957529657.png

I have tried running it multiple times on multiple accounts, i still get this :

1711957761774.png

Thanks for the hard work you hve done on all your Lua's i do use a lot of them :-)

Hi, yes the themes.Lua does exist inside the folder:

View attachment 59853

I have tried running it multiple times on multiple accounts, i still get this :

View attachment 59854

Thanks for the hard work you hve done on all your Lua's i do use a lot of them :-)
i can't seem to re-produce this.
even reinstalling a new copy of RG without any of my old configs.

the line in question if this is the latest version is actually a nil check, where if the value is nil it plugs in the default value.
so it shouldn't complain about the nil value.

try deleting both the mygroup folder and reinstalling it, and also the MyUI_Configs.Lua in the config folder. the last one holds config settings for MyGroup, MyBuffs, and PlayerTarg Lua's

i can't seem to re-produce this.
even reinstalling a new copy of RG without any of my old configs.

the line in question if this is the latest version is actually a nil check, where if the value is nil it plugs in the default value.
so it shouldn't complain about the nil value.

try deleting both the mygroup folder and reinstalling it, and also the MyUI_Configs.Lua in the config folder. the last one holds config settings for MyGroup, MyBuffs, and PlayerTarg Lua's
Hi,

That worked!! thanks so much :-)

Okay, this may be related to that last discussed issue, but not sure so I can only provide what I did.

New copy of MyGroup and the settings file.
Loading in PlayerTarg, MyGroup, XTargetX (though I don't think the other two are the issue causing this as you will see).
Everything is good, setup my UI with these as I see fit. Save settings on each.

Load in another character at the same time.

Load the same Lua apps, align them as needed, then camp this character. The initial character immediately crashes and trying to run MyGroup on any character results in an immediate crash for that character.

Still can run the other two apps on characters, just no MyGroup without crashing unless I reinstall both the Lua and settings file.

Maybe the settings need to be character dependent much like your chat app?

Okay, this may be related to that last discussed issue, but not sure so I can only provide what I did.

New copy of MyGroup and the settings file.
Loading in PlayerTarg, MyGroup, XTargetX (though I don't think the other two are the issue causing this as you will see).
Everything is good, setup my UI with these as I see fit. Save settings on each.

Load in another character at the same time.

Load the same Lua apps, align them as needed, then camp this character. The initial character immediately crashes and trying to run MyGroup on any character results in an immediate crash for that character.

Still can run the other two apps on characters, just no MyGroup without crashing unless I reinstall both the Lua and settings file.

Maybe the settings need to be character dependent much like your chat app?
And just like that...without doing much to my Lua settings.....it wants to load fine again without reinstalling.

After I get back home tomorrow I'll see if I can reproduce again. Trying to do things remotely that span multiple monitors is slow.

1) For my last issue, it appears it only seems to happen when I fast camp, or maybe just when I fast camp to desktop.

2) Question: Can we set group member roles through this and/or PlayerTarg?

1) For my last issue, it appears it only seems to happen when I fast camp, or maybe just when I fast camp to desktop.

2) Question: Can we set group member roles through this and/or PlayerTarg?
I will look into this issue and see what i can find.
I normally only run this on the driver char but will dig into it.

as to #2 not atm but maybe let me see what i can figure out.

Just curious, but would it be possible to make a version of this to add people in a raid? Like a customizable raid window that lets you add people in your raid.
should be possible. I just haven't really bothered with raid stuff yet. would most likely be a separate project. there is a lot in the raid window =)

should be possible. I just haven't really bothered with raid stuff yet. would most likely be a separate project. there is a lot in the raid window =)
Very cool and that makes sense! Yeah that would be an incredibly useful tool. I've been looking for a way to just display raid members health and such in a window for a while, then I saw this tool and had hope haha.

Lua - MyGroup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back