• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - My shaman dies a lot (1 Viewer)

wakeup

RedCents
502¢
So I have a 6box group between 111 and 114.

113 WAR wearing tov t1 and 110-115 jewelry etc.

111 SHM wearing tov t1 and conflagrant jewelry etc

With a supporting cast of BRD BST and DPS.

I run cwtn and mq2grind.
The problem is that in GMM the darkness howls the shaman dies a lot. Usually the rest of the group survives. If I substitute the shaman with a 113 CLR everything is fine.

Wonder if the shaman is drawing aggro somehow, or if the tank isn't aggroing well enough, etc.

Any ideas?

Are you watching them do their thing so you know when they're dying? Maybe the bard isn't mezzing the adds?
Bards mezzing, sometimes the warrior breaks it.

Edit: usually only 2 mobs at a time and the tank has no trouble staying up tanking around 3 or 4

I had a similar issue where the group got wipe because they were maybe too far from chanter so he did not mezz, now I make him melee assist the group on target and I didnt had any problems since.

Change your bard .ini to have a greater mez distance. Depending on positioning and range, the default .inis have really low mez ranges and the mobs beating on your shaman are just outside of where the bard's range is, while your tank is oblivious and engaged with another mob already.

I am unsure what the Warrior's AE threat capabilities are, but I had similar issues as you until I changed the Bard mez range and not a single instance since.

I've likely uncovered the issue. Bad weather. People in my neighborhood are now complaining about our internet going out for 15-30 seconds randomly. Wamp wamp wamp fml. I can't tell it's out cause eq recovers with spotty internet, always has.

Thanks everyone.

if i remember right the shammy slow can have a dot on it and breaks mezz -- it in the AAs somewhere -
think you can turn that off -- languid bile?
I think you've got it. Languid Bite (toggle) - I ran a SHM a while ago and remember that causing issues as the slow would snap agro on mobs my SHD was leaving for BRD to mez as BRD furiously chain mezed while the DOT kept mobs beating on SHM.

keep in mind op said using mq2shaman - we handle languid bite at least for turgur's virulent swarm, so as not to break mez in aoe.

Q. Languid Bite?
A. If you have Languid Bite toggled on - we will momentarily toggle it off if we try and use Turgur's Virulent Swarm, and then toggle it back. Make sure that you understand that "using Languite Bite: Disabled" is enabling it and vice-versa. Many folks get confused at this spot.

It's good advice. But mq2shaman runs itself and was never a problem.

That said, it was definitely terrible lag. I hardly ever have internet issues and it went away the next day. I couldn't tell until I investigated deeper. I don't know how the cleric survived it but there could be other factors like severity of the lag.

Problem - My shaman dies a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back