• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - My MQ2 Adventure (1 Viewer)

TURTLEDAGAIN

RedCents
300¢
I started using MQ2 about a month ago and I am still very new. I hope this post saves you some time. Let me start off with, I have an alt problem. I have run 4 groups of 6 on six accounts. I have been using alt-tab to play.

The people on this site are super friendly and helpful. All the information below is from the great people on this site. Thank you so much for being there. MQ2 can do almost anything, so the hard part is figuring out what you want it to do.

The Multiboxing EverQuest: The Red Guide (videos) guide got my machine setup. This great guide had me running in less than an hour.

I started using MQ2EQBC hotkeys to command the rest of my group. It was pretty easy. The downside was that it is just hard to get all the commands you need running at the same time. The pauses I was using caused my other spells to wait. When you have waited that might mean someone’s doesn’t get healed.

Next, I tried just using KissAssist to run the group with some hotkeys in case my characters stopped listening. I started using the KissAssist INI Library get my characters going. It worked great for my melees. I had a really hard time with healers madding and enchanters mezzing.

My next steps was to purchase MQ2Cleric, MQ2Eskay, MQ2Monk, MQ2War, and MQ2Rogue. The plugins are super easy to setup and run. They make it easy to run. I still have not figured it all out yet. The /war gotocamp command is great as I get lost all the time. I still use Kissassist for my druids, mages, bards and wizards.

I purchased MQ2EQWire to lower CPU and GPU usage for EverQuest when it's running in the background without affecting in-game performance. To launch /plugin mq2eqwire IMPORTANT: You will need to re-download it after every patch or you'll crash. The downside for me is when you ATL-Tab it takes a second or so to fresh the window.
Issues I had early on:

• Camps – when moving the group from a area to another; they just keep running back. See camping keys below for the fix.
  • Can’t stop running to somewhere I clicked to go with Nav. Using /Nav Stop Does not work with follow use /afollow off.
  • Can’t move while attaching or turn off attack. This is caused by stickmode. Use /melee stickmode OFF for KissAssist.
These are the basic commands to get started with for hotkeys to command group:
MQ2EQBC Commands

• /bcg //Sit Would make everyone in the group sit EXCEPT yourself
  • /bcga //Sit everyone in the group sit
  • /bct ToonName your text here Send "your text here" to ToonName
  • /bct ToonName //command - Send /command to ToonName
  • /bca //command - Send /command to all connected clients, excluding the client you issued the command from.
  • /bcaa //command - Send /command to all connected clients, including the client you issued the command from.
  • /bcfont # -S ets the font size of the UI window, similar to the /mqfont command
  • /bcmin - Minimizes the UI window, similar to the /mqmin command
  • /bcclear - Clears the buffer of the UI window, similar to the /mqclear command
Hotkeys to box a druid with EQBC:
Tell your bot a command
/bct ToonName //command
Example - /bct Thornydrood //sit
(tells Thornydrood to sit down)

To have your bot target what your main toon is targeting
target id $[Target.ID}
Example - /bct Thornydrood //target id ${Target.ID}
(tells Thornydrood to make his target my target)

To have your bot target you
target id ${Me.ID}
Example - /bct Thornydrood //target id ${Me.ID}
(tells Thornydrood to target me

EQ NAV Commands

• /nav Target Navigate to your current target.
  • /nav Stop Stop navigation.
  • /nav Pause Pause navigation.
  • /nav ui toggle displaying the in-game user interface
  • /nav [save | load] Save/Load settings.
  • /nav Reload Reload Navmesh.
  • /nav Recordwaypoint <waypoint name> <waypoint tag> create a waypoint.
  • /nav loc X Y Z Navigate to coordinates.
  • /nav Item [click] [once] Navigate to item (and click it)
  • /nav Door Navigate to door/option (and click it)
  • /nav wp <waypoint> Navigate to waypoint.
  • /nav help shows in-game help
MQ2Melee
MQ2Melee is on by default. It has Stickmode on. What this means it that after you click melee it make you stay in melee range and will chase the mob if it runs. I died in lava a few times until I figured out how to turn this off and on.

KissAssist Commands

MQ2AutoAccept

This plugin will allow you to create a list of trusted character names that will allow your character to automatically accept Party invites, Raid invites, Trades, Taskadds, Expeditions (dzadds}. Plus auto accept trasolocate and primary/secondary real estate anchor ports. I have a lot of character so I saved one then just copied and pasted for each character.

/autoaccept - Displays command syntax
/autoaccept on|off - Main accept toggle. Nothing else will accept if this is off. Default *ON*
/autoaccept save - Saves settings to ini. Changes DO NOT auto save.
/autoaccept trade on|off
- Toggle acceptance of trades by people on the auto accept list. Will cancel any trade from a user not on your list. Default *ON*
/autoaccept group on|off - Toggles accept group invites. Default *ON*
/autoaccept raid on|off - Toggles accept raid invites. Default *ON*
/autoaccept list - Lists users on your auto accept list.
/autoaccept add NAME

Sic’s hotkeys that helped me
Campoff Key

CampOn Key for MQ2War

CampOn Key for MQ2Eskay,

CampOn Key for MQ2Eskay,

War return to camp for MQ2War

Kiss Start Hotkey – I used this to start kiss on everyone that was not a monk, cleric, berzerker or rogue in my group (who wasn't the person issuing the command)

Pause
Unpause

Visible
Switch
I use both the switchnow and a force target because I run mq2rogue/mq2berzerker and others with kissassist

I recently got MQ2 myself, and have been having a blast learning it. There is so much to learn. So much power to hold! I appreciate the time you spent on this. I am going to bookmark it so i can read it again when i need to.

This is just odd. I noticed running Kissassist with pullertank that if my enchanter charms my pullertank target, the pullertank just stops and keeps targeting the enchanters pet. I have end macro and restart to get him going again.

@TURTLEDAGAIN FYI i also noticed if the pullertank dies with adds in camp, my team failed to switch to the adds after killing the last mob that the pullertank was on.
i assume it is because they are using him for MA, since he dies, they have no assist so you have to takeover manually to avoid a wipe (if you can ;) )

@TURTLEDAGAIN FYI i also noticed if the pullertank dies with adds in camp, my team failed to switch to the adds after killing the last mob that the pullertank was on.
i assume it is because they are using him for MA, since he dies, they have no assist so you have to takeover manually to avoid a wipe (if you can ;) )

Sorry for the confusion. We have two mobs in camp. MA is on Mob one and Enchanter mezs mob two. While the MA is still fighting mob one, the enchanter charms mob two. MA kills mob one. Now MA switches to Mob two as a target and get stuck trying to kill mob two even though it is charmed.

@TURTLEDAGAIN which version of KA are you using? To my knowledge, KA doesn’t support charm pets. You’ll end up in a situation like you described. Maybe they’ve changed something recently though and I’m out of the loop

Tip - My MQ2 Adventure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back