• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - My Idea For Changing Magic In CosPlay (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,839¢
For those of you who CosPlay you have to have wondered with so much thought and detail put into the weapons and armor, why is magic just a beanbag tossed in the ground? I have an idea I think will revolutionize that. It's pretty simple really. An armband with five color coded buttons that serve as spell types each one casts a corresponding colored beam of light when pressed this is your spell and the light radius is the spell radius. Of course there would be sound. But a simple colored light field is perfect.
If the light field were green everyone would know you cast a decay spell, blue Mez, brown root etc.
It would catch magic up to weapons and armor for real CosPlay events.

I'd like to here your feedback?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and be the pita saying I'd love to use glitter and just toss that crap in the air while blowing white flour out my hands going poof!

I do like the armband idea. Could always add one to the beanbag when thrown on the ground, it changes color with beams and sounds. I'm gonna go the extra mile since I like to be as lazy as possible and tie a fishing line to the beanbag so I don't have to bend over to pick it up or even walk to it.

Also, if your creative enough for cosplay, you can always do a belt with lighted bottles that represent different spell colors. Could also get creative with a hot glue gun, epoxy, gloves with lighting or lasers attached that change color with each finger.

I meant more a bracer than a wristband with lights, colors and sounds all coordinated. With RC and laser tech it could be done cheap. I had an idea for Cosplay weapons that would have RC current run along the edge of the weapon or face of the weapons. And a when it struck the armor it took points like hit points depending on the region of the armor. But less athletically inclined people would claim it's more like laser tag and favors reflexes over the community. But it doesn't it just keeps an accurate hit count.

I'm talking about a full production model bracer. I come from a martial arts background and one of my groups of Black Belt Magazine Hall OF Fame Instructor used to gather in LA and it started with Kali sticks just fighting. Then it turned into anything but a knife or gun. One gun brought these knives that had an electric current running along the edge of where the blade would be if they touched you. It shocked the shit out of you.
They discontinued them for fear of interfering with heart patients. But I fought him a few times with different weapons. That really was the idea behind changing the weapons. I wish I could explain it better.

IRL - My Idea For Changing Magic In CosPlay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back