• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - My Boxing Team, Advice? (1 Viewer)

Omle555

RedCents
388¢
I've started leveling

Warrior
Shaman
Monk
Enchanter
Mage
??? (Necro possibly? possibly another melee)

also got a druid at 85 for plvling, but unsure i will use him.
is it a good mix? should I switch any for ones i not mentioned?

I've started leveling

Warrior
Shaman
Monk
Enchanter
Mage
??? (Necro possibly? possibly another melee)

also got a druid at 85 for plvling, but unsure i will use him.
is it a good mix? should I switch any for ones i not mentioned?
Howdy Omle555! Welcome to RedGuide's and happy holidays.

you have the bases covered with real tank, real healer, and real CC - this is great!

Keep in mind - any suggestions that folks give you - the most important thing is you enjoy your team - your needs and group might change as your needs change, but you always want to enjoy your team despite what any tells you. You can meet most/all of your goals with just about any group setup as long as you have your bases covered

since you have an enchanter and mage already, I'd suggest going with another caster - another mage is fine, a wizzie would be fine, necro would be fine - you could also run a bst, or ranger in there and be fine.

I start with the tank, then heal, then CC and then match my dps to the CC (melee for bard and caster for enchanter)
once you get into the 101+ you start thinking a little bit more about "synergy" and how each class's synergy buffs work for others.
Here is a cool chart about it > here <

what are your goal? what do you want to accomplish? just level up to current content? do some old school stuff? Other's have mentions some great suggestion and you got the basics on point. My only addition would be to think about things that might improve your quality of life. A wiz/drd for ports as an example. If DPS is your thing, Berz's are great too.

Howdy Omle555! Welcome to RedGuide's and happy holidays.

you have the bases covered with real tank, real healer, and real CC - this is great!

Keep in mind - any suggestions that folks give you - the most important thing is you enjoy your team - your needs and group might change as your needs change, but you always want to enjoy your team despite what any tells you. You can meet most/all of your goals with just about any group setup as long as you have your bases covered

since you have an enchanter and mage already, I'd suggest going with another caster - another mage is fine, a wizzie would be fine, necro would be fine - you could also run a bst, or ranger in there and be fine.

I start with the tank, then heal, then CC and then match my dps to the CC (melee for bard and caster for enchanter)
once you get into the 101+ you start thinking a little bit more about "synergy" and how each class's synergy buffs work for others.
Here is a cool chart about it > here <
Thanks, absolutely I wanna enjoy it. I’m kinda wanting to go for survivability not necessarily dmg. I’m kinda liking consistent dmg rather than burst dmg. Which makes me think necro/mage/enchanter combo

There really are a lot of great combinations, and it really comes down to personal preference.

DPS is a lot, but it isnt everything.
If you plan on doing a lot of questing and doing progression and actually playing the toons and not just zerging the Grp missions over and over, then you really need to go with a better utility group.

COTH, Porting, Both Invis, Lev, Shrink, SOS, Succor, FD etc etc None of these add to your dps - but they all make this game easier if u can do all these.
This is one of the reasons an SK is a superior toon - their utility skills make it much easier to do stuff.

Is Fire pet the way to go with Mages now? I thought it was Air forever.
Fire can be good if you can keep them in mana, for pure steady consistant dps water pet.

My mage group i use 2x water pets with ToV t1 weapons and conflagrant visible gear on them

but with the group you already have rolling i would go either bst or another mage. bst synergy after 100 is rocking, specially when you have swarms up

Question - My Boxing Team, Advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back