• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - multiboxing (1 Viewer)

Swoodsy

RedCents
20¢
will I have to network my computers so I can use one to command all using one redguids account. what I want to do is run 6 400$ computers and 6 characters this avoids the follow problem and much lag. is there a problem with this or should I just buy one computer that can do 6 characters on one computer

Your best bet is to run one PC with 6 characters. A $100 desktop should be able to do this, provided it has ~8GB of RAM.

To issue commands to all characters at once, use MQ2EQBC

If you want to run multiple computers, that's possible as well. Again, you'd use MQ2EQBC on each account, and one computer would run the server.

how do you run the server on the one account. is there a vidio or tutorial. I have 2 computers right now and can't talk to each other to send commands btw I am using MMOBugs but still cand talk to my characters between computers

Video #3 in this series will show you how to set it up on a single PC.

For two PCs, it's almost the same, but you have to know your lan ip. (you can use your external ip as well, but will have to forward the port on your router. Nice if you want to box a character across the country!)

On the server computer, right-click the MQ2 icon, then click "start eqbc server" then click "standalone"

On the client computer, start MQ2, go in-game and type:

/bccmd connect (your server's ip)
/bccmd set autoconnect on

easy as that ;) If you don't know how to find your computer's local IP, here's a tutorial

Last edited:
thank you redbot you are a bad mother scupper. I have seen this before In your vidio's I havn't done it yet on redguides I am hopeing it's as pimp as it looked on your vidio's

Question - multiboxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back