• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (1 Viewer)

whats going on here? i got everything updated mq2nav and kissassist. Ive tried the settings in the mqnav UI. Ive built mesh for the zone "scorched woods"

By default the scorched woods zone has garbage below the zone which causes the navmesh to not work. In 1.2.0 I've introduced a feature to remove this garbage geometry so you may need to regenerate your mesh if you haven't done it already.

- - - Updated - - -

When I crash with an MQ2Nav issue as of late it comes up with an Abort retry blah message and nothing else. If I click abort it crashes the game and no crash log is offered. I haven't tried anything other than abort. I've got a screen shot of the error I get if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you send the screenshot to me? If you hit retry it should trigger a crash dialog too (I think). Also if you've got a reliable way to reproduce it that would be useful too.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I am thinking this has to do with my zone being TBM - CodecayB and MQ2 Nav not realizing there is TWO CodecayB zones. One from Planes of Power, one from The Broken Mirror. I think it's getting confused and sending a hiccup here. It's just my intuition though. Could be kissassist hiccuping on this part too. One of you guys will probably actually need to go to this zone and test it out to see what's wrong rather than relying on my personal experience.

Navmeshes are keyed by the zone's shortname, so there shouldn't be any conflict with that zone. something you can try is marking problems areas as unwalkable in the mesh generator (you can do this using the areas tool -- its the third tool in the tools window). This will remove the shapes you define from the mesh, useful for problem areas.

If you've got a video or screenshot or loc or something that might help too, but I haven't been to the new codecay (don't really play EQ anymore so I don't have a crew). Maybe if it happens in the PoP version too i might have a character that can go there (I've got a few heroic 85 characters but i haven't played any of them).

Any Experts in this feel like helping someone to use this? I can't seem to get my In game UI to see mesh's I am Generating
Also are their any forums with bunches of Preloaded Mesh's? would love to see what other people are using this to do.

Heh, I just posted in the forums on that other website - took me a bit to figure out the new commands!

anyways, any luck on the doors problem? tbh the only reason I use the other site is for the toggle doors - which kind of sucks to pay a 2nd sub just for that tiny detail.

So KA is pulling with Mq2Nav but its giving me some weird text. Maskoi , brainiac , any ideas? It still pulls it just throws that between pulls.

Edit: This is in the burning woods.
KA 9.2.3
Latest mq2Nav from github

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Stumbled on a crash with MQ2Nav:

If you are in the process of pathing to a NPC or Location (following the line) and use the /exit command it will exit you out of the game properly. However, when you log back in and try to use /nav again it will cause the client to crash. The only way to get around this is to log in, then exit the game again and relog back in a 2nd time. It almost seems that if you exit the game while pathing, there is something getting stuck in the memory of the plugin that isn't being released properly.

Have been able to reproduce this 100% without fail.

Heh, I just posted in the forums on that other website - took me a bit to figure out the new commands!

anyways, any luck on the doors problem? tbh the only reason I use the other site is for the toggle doors - which kind of sucks to pay a 2nd sub just for that tiny detail.

First pass at door support added in 1.2.0, check first page for change long and link to latest version. Let me know how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

So KA is pulling with Mq2Nav but its giving me some weird text. Maskoi , brainiac , any ideas? It still pulls it just throws that between pulls.

Edit: This is in the burning woods.
KA 9.2.3
Latest mq2Nav from github

View attachment 11554

FloorZ was added to mq2main.dll recently, KA was updated to use it but I don't know if KA put out a new mq2main.dll that has support for it. Maskoi will need to address that if it hasn't been yet.

I suggested some changes to KA somewhere, but essentially anything that references "locxyz ${Spawn.X} ${Spawn.Y} ${Spawn.FloorZ}" change to "id ${Spawn.ID}" -- navigation by spawn ID is WAAAAAAAY more effective than navigation by coordinate. Just sayin'

- - - Updated - - -

Stumbled on a crash with MQ2Nav:

If you are in the process of pathing to a NPC or Location (following the line) and use the /exit command it will exit you out of the game properly. However, when you log back in and try to use /nav again it will cause the client to crash. The only way to get around this is to log in, then exit the game again and relog back in a 2nd time. It almost seems that if you exit the game while pathing, there is something getting stuck in the memory of the plugin that isn't being released properly.

Have been able to reproduce this 100% without fail.

Thanks for the detailed report. I'll try to fix it.

First pass at door support added in 1.2.0, check first page for change long and link to latest version. Let me know how it works.

ran it for a day or so yesterday (24hrs) - worked great! not as quick as toggle, but no hitch's at all!

soon as i get some more cash in my paypal, ill make sure to donate - awesome jobs and huge thanks!

Every zone I try I turn it on and it picks a target, runs towards it then the bot breaks and gets stuck in a strafing backwards and to the left or right movement.

I've tried:

Dawnshroud
CodecayB

I updated my Mq2nav files, I changed the FloorZ thing in kissassist that spams the error at me but it still doesn't work. It navigates fine TO the mob but it won't return to camp no matter what. He just gets stuck in a permanent backpeddling strafe loop.

I also have tried it on TWO different computers - none of them work and I get the same exact issue on both of them. I can repeat it 100% of the time without fail. I actually haven't successfully gotten it to work yet.

This can be caused if you use the ctrl + alt + <num> hotkeys, or if you switch windows while holding ctrl down. Anything that direct inputs movement can exhibit this behavior.

This can be caused if you use the ctrl + alt + <num> hotkeys, or if you switch windows while holding ctrl down. Anything that direct inputs movement can exhibit this behavior.

I'm not holding anything down, I have tested it enough times too and on different machines that if that was the issue, it should have at least worked once. While I am not saying you're wrong, I don't see how it could keep reoccurring over days on different machines/different zones/different characters.

Here is a pic I just took of the group I am testing it on now (different machine than my CoDecay group): http://i.imgur.com/YaSHuzd.jpg

I drew a picture of the line it takes in blue from the group's location to where he is standing now. He ran this route perfectly, no issues at all. The second he got to the Rockhopper though and it said "stopping navigation" he broke and that was it. He just started strafing back and moving to the side and he does this until I turn off kissassist and turn it back on.

You should* be fine with getting latest compile, and latest Kiss. The latest compile does not include Kiss so make sure to download it after you update MQ. Nothing else should be needed other than building the mesh files all new.

Oh, that sounds like a problem associated with KA or an associated plugin (ie, MQ2MoveUtils). One thing I've noticed is that if you type anything into a chat window while you are navigating, it doesn't stop. Perhaps KA is causing this behavior?

Oh, that sounds like a problem associated with KA or an associated plugin (ie, MQ2MoveUtils). One thing I've noticed is that if you type anything into a chat window while you are navigating, it doesn't stop. Perhaps KA is causing this behavior?

It is a problem with Kissassist as brainiac said MQ2Nav doesn't have the backup/strafing movement when it gets stuck. In a previous post I theorized that kissassist is assuming for some reason it's stuck when it actually isn't. I haven't had the same issue where if I type anything in the chat window while moving it doesnt stop. But I have only tried /nav stop after it said in the mq2 window "stopping navigation" to try and stop it from backing up/side strafing brokenly.

It could be an issue with MQ2MoveUtils - I'm not sure how KA utilizes that plugin to be honest. I update my compile from redguides using the auto updater on all of my computers so that's one of the only commanlities.

You should* be fine with getting latest compile, and latest Kiss. The latest compile does not include Kiss so make sure to download it after you update MQ. Nothing else should be needed other than building the mesh files all new.

Yea, I have done that two or three times on both computers. Of course turned everything off and on again after doing it each time too incase that was the issue. The only thing I haven't done is gone to a zone I am 100% sure it works in and tried to get it to work. I'm probably going to do that tonight incase MQ2nav just doesn't work in some zones.

I'm really not sure what I could be doing wrong.

find this code and delete in DoWeMove sub around line 2235 see if that changes anything

Rich (BB code):
                             | Check for getting stuck on geometry
                                /if (${Int[${Me.X}]}==${X1} && ${Int[${Me.Y}]}==${Y1}) {
                                    /varcalc StuckCount (${StuckCount})+1
                                    /if (${StuckCount}>=3) {
                                        /if (${Navigation.Active}) /nav stop
                                        /call Stuck
                                        /varset StuckCount 0
                                    }
                                }

find this code and delete in DoWeMove sub around line 2235 see if that changes anything

Rich (BB code):
                             | Check for getting stuck on geometry
                                /if (${Int[${Me.X}]}==${X1} && ${Int[${Me.Y}]}==${Y1}) {
                                    /varcalc StuckCount (${StuckCount})+1
                                    /if (${StuckCount}>=3) {
                                        /if (${Navigation.Active}) /nav stop
                                        /call Stuck
                                        /varset StuckCount 0
                                    }
                                }

I deleted that line of code and it's kinda weird what it changed...

A: The bot won't move to pull, won't look for waypoints or mobs.. He'll only pull if the mob is in LoS from where he is standing when i turn him on
B: When he kills a mob he doesn't return to camp - he stays at the location the mob died.
C: Nothing is said in the MQ2 window (last time it said he was navigating to an area THEN he'd break - now there is no navigating going on at all - not even the 'typical' pull message) - http://i.imgur.com/lZ9benJ.jpg (It shows the pull message a single time for the first pull but when he kiled all the other mobs in the room - which DONT have social agro or agro by default, he had to use an ability to pull them - it didn't display a pull message like normal)

D: If you leave him and DON'T turn him off and on again after he clearss the room he won't pull again even when a mob pops next to him. http://i.imgur.com/F46I7au.jpg

I did the testing on my Dawnshroud group. I will do some testing later with my Codecay group too if I have time.

Only other thing I can say is unloading Mq2nav fixed everything and he began to pull normally (not with nav of course) despite that line of code still being absent from the macro as well.

Can you verify which version of KA, MQ, and MQ2NAV you have? There has been a lot of updates to NAV. Recent update to MQ2 to better work with NAV and a fairly recent update to KA. Also the updater last checked will download a version of KA that is 2-3 versions behind. This will help troubleshoot better.

Can you verify which version of KA, MQ, and MQ2NAV you have? There has been a lot of updates to NAV. Recent update to MQ2 to better work with NAV and a fairly recent update to KA. Also the updater last checked will download a version of KA that is 2-3 versions behind. This will help troubleshoot better.

I don't know how to answer your question as I have been constantly updating each time I go to try a new zone/area/computer. So the answer is different each time you've asked the question because I constantly re-do the basic steps to make sure that isn't the issue.

Although, maybe I should stop updating everything each time I try it... considering the only person I have spoken to who said he got MQ2 nav to work said he *only* updated kissassist and not MQ2nav.

Do you have yours working and have you updated both MQ2Nav and kissassist or just one? Also would anyone mind telling me a few zones they've seen it working in or can confirm it works in?

I don't know how to answer your question as I have been constantly updating each time I go to try a new zone/area/computer. So the answer is different each time you've asked the question because I constantly re-do the basic steps to make sure that isn't the issue.

Although, maybe I should stop updating everything each time I try it... considering the only person I have spoken to who said he got MQ2 nav to work said he *only* updated kissassist and not MQ2nav.

Do you have yours working and have you updated both MQ2Nav and kissassist or just one? Also would anyone mind telling me a few zones they've seen it working in or can confirm it works in?

I'm running the latest of everything and I run in FM, droga, lceanium, and both Kors for pulling. I also have used it on GL. It runs like butter smothered of bacon grease. I will be glad to go test in your zones if you would like.

The reason I'm asking the versions your running is the latest MQ patched the issue where KA was issuing loc that NAV / MQ2 didn't like. Also there were manual entries people put out to get rid of some of the errors seen from KA that are no longer needed. Then NAV has been through a lot of changes as well. The latest MQ2 update comes with the latest MQ2NAV however as I said it also comes with a KA version that was at least 2 revs behind. There may of been two suggested changes to KA for NAV to function. Also other changes you might of tried to fix it could have other consequences.

If your not running the latest like I mentioned it would help understand what may be causing the issues now. So much has changed it would be hard to compare now to 3 releases ago. Make sense?

The last time kissassist was updated was 2 - 26 according to the thread (unless the last time maskoi edited it is a lie and he can upload NEW version of kiss without changing the edit time stamp) which would mean we still have to manually add in some of the changes you mentioned FloorZ one for example.

No one has posted anywhere to my knowledge that the change was fixed so I have been correcting it each time because Kissassist has NOT been updated to reflect the changes, considering the date on the thread. - (Unless we're just meant to assume that the changes were fixed with Mq2 nav update 10 days ago with no one actually CONFIRMING it fixed anywhere?)

My MQ2 was updated the last time there was a patch - I have downloaded MQ2 nav off github probably 6 times over the last 7 days so - if you're saying it has been updated intermittenly then I have been mixing and mashing updates all over the place (while apparently fixing a kissassist issue that was fixed but no one announced anywhere it was fixed?). That was my point =P

Edit - Also according to the Github in this thread, Mq2nav was last updated 10 days ago.

If kissassist hasn't been updated since the 26th and MQ2nav hasn't been updated in 10 days then I am fully up to date with everything. If one of these two sources is "fake news" as our president would call it, then no I am not up to date.

When MQ updated last it fixed the issues that was causing KA to have the floorZ issues. It also however would of set your KA back to the Jan release I believe? So The latest MQ would of made it so you don't have to edit KA as long as you download the latest you mentioned form the 26(didn't personally look). I also believe the latest MQ has the latest version from MQ2NAV which works better. If you have the latest version of MQ but didn't also download Kiss after updating, that's an issue. If you downloaded the latest MQ and the latest KA then made the change, I feel that could be causing you headaches. The latest of everything should be plug and play. No mods needed to make it work.

brainiac, this is so much better that MQ2Navigation already was. Thank you so much for working on this and providing it to the community.

Quick question-- will you code in the ability to /nav target n # so that we don't end up directly at the location of the target? Or is there a way to do this that I'm completely missing?

seems I've managed to break something.

using most recent compile downloaded.
downloaded KISS 9.2.3 from the first post in that thread
downloaded Mq2Nav plugin from Github

Mq2nav seems to hiccup when it starts to nav to target.
"unable to find start reference xx yy zz on mesh"

which is my camp and is within a few units of my location shown in the Nav UI. (the height is about 5 off but otherwise it's real close)

Any ideas?

When MQ updated last it fixed the issues that was causing KA to have the floorZ issues. It also however would of set your KA back to the Jan release I believe? So The latest MQ would of made it so you don't have to edit KA as long as you download the latest you mentioned form the 26(didn't personally look). I also believe the latest MQ has the latest version from MQ2NAV which works better. If you have the latest version of MQ but didn't also download Kiss after updating, that's an issue. If you downloaded the latest MQ and the latest KA then made the change, I feel that could be causing you headaches. The latest of everything should be plug and play. No mods needed to make it work.

I'll just wait until Wednesday after this most recent patch and try again that way everyone is on the same page and we're not expected to just assume shit is fixed with no official word on if it was fixed or not.

Thanks though, let's pray that's my issue with updates being out of wack - cause I would really like to see MQ2Nav actually work. I know it says "BETA" but this feels much more like an "ALPHA" to me. A beta usually works at least 80% of the time, I am seeing about 30 - 50% success rate atm with Nav.

Btw - it may have been inaccurate for me to say I have never seen MQ2Nav actually work, because I have seen it work - with my own macro:

I forgot about this macro since it has been over a month since I missed with it. However, I am here in the zone now and it's working great while at the same time on the same computer I am trying to get it to work in CodecayB with kissassist and it's giving me the same backup/strafing error I have been getting.

Rich (BB code):
|----------------------------------------------------------|
|
|Riftseekers' Sanctum "Pyrilen Flame & Essence of Discord" Farming Macro
|
|----------------------------------------------------------|
#turbo

|----------------------------
|		Include

#include spell_routines.inc
	#include MQ2Cast_Spell_Routines.inc

#define CASTMODE "MQ2Cast"

#Event Summon "You have been summoned!"

|		Declares
Sub Declares

/declare UseMQ2Nav bool outer TRUE
	/declare UseMQ2AdvPath bool outer FALSE
	/declare AnchorRadius int outer 25
	/declare AggroRadius int outer 100
	/declare ZAggroRadius int outer 10
	/declare AttackAtDistance int outer 20
	/declare MoveStopAt int outer 5
	/declare AnchorY string outer ${Me.Y}
	/declare AnchorX string outer ${Me.X}
	/declare AnchorZ string outer ${Me.Z}
/return

|		Main Sub

Sub Main

/call Checks
/if (!${Bool[${Plugin[MQ2Nav]}]}) /plugin mq2nav load
/if (!${Bool[${Plugin[MQ2AdvPath]}]}) /plugin mq2advpath load
/call Declares
/call Cauldron
/Call pet

:MainLoop
/if (${Zone.Name.Equal[Wall of Slaughter]}) {
| WoS to MPG
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "PortintoMPG" "${MoveStopAt}"
}

/if (${Zone.Name.Equal[Muramite Proving Grounds]}) {
| MPG to RSS
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "MPGtoRiftseekers" "${MoveStopAt}"
}

/if (${Zone.Name.Equal[Riftseekers' Sanctum]}) {
/echo I am in ${Zone}!
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -764 614 2
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "EntToUpstairsSpot1" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/call KillAllNear

| Ground Location #1
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 708 40 -236
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot1ToSpot2" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear

| Ground Location #2
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 479 -178 -236
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot2ToSpot3" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear

| Ground Location #3
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -2 -443 -235
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot3ToSpot4" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Ground Location #4
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -702 -405 -235
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot4ToSpot5" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Ground Location #5
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -482 -180 -235
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot5ToSpot6" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Ground Location #6
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -696 298 -235
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot6ToSpot7" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/call KillAllNear
}

| Ground Location #7
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -472 783 -235
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot7ToSpot8" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Ground Location #8
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -4 992 -235
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot8ToSpot9" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Ground Location #9
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 474 775 -235
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot9ToSpot10" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Return to Zone In
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 0 97 -236
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "GroundSpot11ToEnt" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Basement Location #1
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 1266 455 -535
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot1ToSpot2" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear

| Basement Location #2
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 1421 1117 -553
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot2ToSpot3" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear

| Basement Location #3
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 1090 1426 -553
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot3ToSpot4" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Basement Location #4
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 564 1559 -553
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot4ToSpot5" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Basement Location #5
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 97 1655 -595
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot5ToSpot6" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Basement Location #6
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -203 1211 -616
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot6ToSpot7" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/call KillAllNear
}

| Basement Location #7
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 564 1150 -593
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot7ToSpot8" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Basement Location #8
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 1041 1045 -535
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot8ToSpot9" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Basement Location #9
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 495 573 -473
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "BasementSpot9ToSpot10" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Return to Zone In
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot11ToEnt" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -764 614 2
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "EntToUpstairsSpot1" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/call KillAllNear

| Upstairs Location #1
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -845 -197 -18
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot1ToSpot2" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear

| Upstairs Location #2
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -1233 188 4
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot2ToSpot3" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear

| Upstairs Location #3
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 1165 616 44
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot3ToSpot4" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Upstairs Location #4
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -1080 1116 44
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot4ToSpot5" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Upstairs Location #5
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -546 1212 64
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot5ToSpot6" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Upstairs Location #6
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -100 1328 64
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot6ToSpot7" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/call KillAllNear
}

| Upstairs Location #7
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 261 1728 163
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot7ToSpot8" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Upstairs Location #8
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 205 263 303
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot8ToSpot9" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Upstairs Location #9
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move 620 214 303
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot9ToSpot10" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Upstairs Location #10
/if (${UseMQ2Nav}) /call Move -227 233 303
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot10ToSpot11" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

| Return to Zone In
/if (${UseMQ2AdvPath}) /call AdvPathMove "UpstairsSpot11ToEnt" "${MoveStopAt}"
/call SetAnchor
/delay 5
/call KillAllNear
}

/goto :MainLoop
/return

|		"Utility" Subs

Sub Pet

/echo I am now buffing my pet up
	/delay 1s 
	/pet hold off
	/delay 1s 
	/pet ghold off
	/delay 1s 
	/cast 9
	/delay 7s 
	/cast 10
	/delay 7s 
	/alt act 323
	/delay 7s 
	/alt act 852
	/delay 5s

/return

Sub Cauldron

/if (${FindItem[Cauldron of Countless Goods].Timer}) /return
	/echo Using Cauldron of Countless Goods. Hopefully I get something good!!
	/nomodkey /itemnotify "${FindItem[Cauldron of Countless Goods]}" rightmouseup
	/delay 25s
	/autoi
/return

|		Movement Subs

Sub SetAnchor
/varset AnchorX ${Me.X}
/varset AnchorY ${Me.Y}
/varset AnchorZ ${Me.Z}
/return

Sub Move(int X, int Y, int Z, int StopDist)
:LetsRoll
/call Checks
/delay 1
/if (${Navigation.MeshLoaded} && !${Navigation.Active}) /nav ${X} ${Y} ${Z}
/delay 1
/if (${Math.Distance[${X},${Y},${Z}:${Me.X},${Me.Y},${Me.Z}]}<=${StopDist}) /goto :LetsRoll
/if (${Navigation.Active}) /goto :LetsRoll
/return

Sub AdvPathMove(string FileName, int StopDist)
:LetsRoll
/if (${AdvPath.Active} && !${AdvPath.Playing}) /play ${FileName} smart
/delay 1s
/if (${AdvPath.Playing}) /goto :LetsRoll
/return

|		Attack Rotation Subs

Sub KillAllNear
:FindTarget

/if (${SpawnCount[npc los radius ${AggroRadius} zradius ${ZAggroRadius}]} > 0) {
/if (${AdvPath.Playing}) /nav pause
/echo Mobs Found!
/target id ${NearestSpawn[npc targetable los radius ${AggroRadius} zradius ${ZAggroRadius} noalert 3].ID}
/delay 5s ${Target.ID}
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}<${AggroRadius} && ${Target.LineOfSight}) /goto :LockedOn
/goto :FindTarget
} else {
/return
}

:LockedOn
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}<=${AggroRadius} && !${Me.Combat} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance} <= 20) /attack on
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}<=${AggroRadius} && ${Me.Combat} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance} <= 20) /face
/if (${Me.Combat} && ${Me.PctHPs}<70 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Elemental Ward]}) /alt act 2060
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}<=${AggroRadius} && !${Me.Pet.Combat} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance} <= 20) /pet attack
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}<=${AggroRadius} && ${Me.Pet.Combat} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance} <= 20) /alt act 1371
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}>=20 && ${Target.LineOfSight} && ${Me.SpellReady[Remorseless Servant Rk. II]}) /call CASTMODE "Remorseless Servant Rk. II" gem3 6s
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}>=20 && ${Target.LineOfSight}) /call CASTMODE "Remorseless Servant Rk. II" gem3 6s
/if (${SpawnCount[npc los radius ${AggroRadius} zradius ${ZAggroRadius}]} > 4 && !${Target.ID}) /alt act 1371
/if (${SpawnCount[npc los radius ${AggroRadius} zradius ${ZAggroRadius}]} > 0 && !${Target.ID}) /goto :FindTarget
/if (${SpawnCount[npc los radius ${AggroRadius} zradius ${ZAggroRadius}]} == 0 && !${Target.ID}) /goto :ExitSub
/if (!${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} || !${Target.ID}) /goto :FindTarget
/goto :LockedOn

:ExitSub
/nav pause
/return

|------------------------------------------------------------|
|         Checks Routines
|------------------------------------------------------------|

Sub Checks
/doevents
/call CheckHP
/call CheckMP
/call CheckBuffs
/return

Sub CheckHP
/declare i int local
/for i 1 to ${HealSize}
:SelfHeal
/if (${Me.PctHPs}<=${HealPct}) && ${HealType}.Equal["Self"]) {
	/if (${AdvPath.Playing}) /nav stop
	/target id ${Me.ID}
	/delay 15s ${Target.ID}
	/call CASTMODE "${Heal[${i}]}" ${HealGem[${i}]} 15s
	/if (${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_INTERRUPTED"]}) /goto :SelfHeal
	/if (!${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_SUCCESS"]}) /goto :SelfHeal
}
:PetHeal
/if (${Me.Pet.ID} && ${Me.Pet.PctHPs}<=${HealPct}) && ${HealType}.Equal["Pet"]) {
	/target id ${Me.Pet.ID}
	/delay 15s ${Target.ID}
	/call CASTMODE "${Heal[${i}]}" ${HealGem[${i}]} 15s
	/if (${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_INTERRUPTED"]}) /goto :PetHeal
	/if (!${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_SUCCESS"]}) /goto :PetHeal
}
/next i
/if (!${AdvPath.Playing} && ${LastX}) /nav ${LastX} ${LastY} ${LastZ}
/return

Sub CheckMP
:Med_Loop
/if (${Med} && ${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Mount.ID} && ${Me.PctHPs} <= ${MedAt} && !${Me.Combat}) {
	/sit
	/goto :Med_Loop
}
/if (!${AdvPath.Playing} && ${LastX}) /nav ${LastX} ${LastY} ${LastZ}
/return

Sub CheckBuffs
/declare i int local
/for i 1 to ${BuffSize}

:SelfBuff 
/if (!${Me.Buff[${Spell[${Spell[${Buff[${i}]}].ID}].RankName}].ID} && ${BuffType[${i}].Equal[Self]}) {
	/call CASTMODE "${Spell[${Spell[${Buff[${i}]}].ID}].RankName}" ${BuffGem[${i}]} 15s 
	/if (${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_INTERRUPTED"]}) /goto :SelfBuff
	/if (!${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_SUCCESS"]}) /goto :SelfBuff
}

/if (!${Me.PetBuff[${Spell[${Spell[${Buff[${i}]}].ID}].RankName}].ID} && ${BuffType[${i}].Equal[Pet]}) {	
	/if (${Me.Pet.ID}) { 
	:PetBuff 
	  /if (${Me.Pet.ID}!=null && !${Me.PetBuff[${Buff[${i}]}]}) {
		/target ${Me.Pet}
		/echo Pet needed "${Spell[${Spell[${Buff[${i}]}].ID}].RankName}"
		/call CASTMODE "${Buff[${i}]}" ${BuffGem[${i}]} 15s
			/if (${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_INTERRUPTED"]}) /goto :PetBuff
			/if (!${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_SUCCESS"]}) /goto :PetBuff
	  } 
	} else {
	/echo You dont have a pet! Making one!
	:MakePet_Loop
		/if (${Me.Pet.ID}==null) {
			/echo Summoning your pet with spell: ${PetSummon}
			/call CASTMODE "${PetSummon}" gem6 15s
			/delay 20
				/if (${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_INTERRUPTED"]}) /goto :MakePet_Loop
				/if (!${Macro.Return.Equal["CAST_SUCCESS"]}) /goto :MakePet_Loop
		} 
	} 
}
/next i
/return

Sub Event_Summon
/nav stop
/call KillAllNear
/return

It's not a good macro but I have used it to farm Pyrilen Flames on numerous occasions, someone here helped me make it and work out the kinks. It works, it uses Mq2nav and follows the nav mesh or uses advpath if the nav breaks. No issues except for I can't get my char to stop moving and med... ever. That's obviously my issue though, not Mq2nav or anyone elses.

Regardless though, the only time I can't get MQ2nav to work is when it's inconjunction with kissassist. That said, I only tested the two zones I mentioned, Dawnshroud and CodecayB in TBM.

Last edited:
My mq2nav is working perfectly. I ran the updater with the most current mq2nav (the version corrected to navigate to spawn.id instead of xyz) and an outdated version of KISS. I just re-downloaded KISS 9.2.3 and now everything is working 100%, no errors.

Has anyone had any luck with mq2nav in Beasts' Domain? I keep getting the error "Could not locate starting point on navmesh" This zone has a massive amount of geometry outside of the regular zone, and although loading the navmesh in-game everything looks good, I cannot use mq2nav at all, anywhere in the zone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have newest version of mq2nav and did exactly as Gohast by re-downloading KISS 9.2.3 after running the updater

Has anyone had any luck with mq2nav in Beasts' Domain? I keep getting the error "Could not locate starting point on navmesh" This zone has a massive amount of geometry outside of the regular zone, and although loading the navmesh in-game everything looks good, I cannot use mq2nav at all, anywhere in the zone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have newest version of mq2nav and did exactly as Gohast by re-downloading KISS 9.2.3 after running the updater

Did you build the mesh for the entire zone or just part? I had a similar issue for FM(?) I think it was that the mesh loaded was huge but the actual zone wasn't that large. I tried to shrink it down to be just the area that's the zone and I got messages like that. I deleted and created it for the entire zone and that went away.

Just look at the mesh in the tool or in game. If you see mesh its pathable. If you don't then you can't path on it. Extra mesh horizontally doesn't matter, but you don't want stuff below your mesh or that sets the baseline and theres a limit to how far the mesh will generate above that baseline. If that happens then you'll see no mesh on the geometry that you want to path on.

Mesh was made for the entire zone and I can see the mesh in game but for some reason it is not pathable

After todays update I am glad to say I have it working in conjunction with kissassist.

It was never displaying the nav path for me before today. Today I am able to see the nav path he follows when pulling & he's running like a champ with no issues.

I must say too, seeing it work I am amazed. Shit's beast. I've never been happier that it was me causing the issue in my whole life cause now that it's working I don't think I will ever do shit without nav again.

Last edited:
Mesh was made for the entire zone and I can see the mesh in game but for some reason it is not pathable

screenshot mesh in meshgenerator or send me mesh file

- - - Updated - - -

After todays update I am glad to say I have it working in conjunction with kissassist.

It was never displaying the nav path for me before today. Today I am able to see the nav path he follows when pulling & he's running like a champ with no issues.

I must say too, seeing it work I am amazed. Shit's beast. I've never been happier that it was me causing the issue in my whole life cause now that it's working I don't think I will ever do shit without nav again.

Yay!

Hey my mesh was working fine until it crapped the bed and just stopped working. i'm getting "[MQ2Nav] Could not locate starting point on navmesh: -301.90 347.33 5.44)"

Navigation still seems to work in the feerott though. (?)

Attachments

• thulehouse1.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
I have been toying with MQ2 nav a lot the past week and I fucking love it. I'm going to be sending you a donation soon, brainiac, (Probably start of next month) since this is pretty much a total gamechanger for me. It's giving me flashbacks of how good Vtank worked in Asheron's Call. I do truthfully love it.

Sorry if I came off negatively, truthfully I wasn't putting enough time into figuring out MQ2 nav because I didn't think the results were going to be this good. I expected it to get hung up on doors and stairs and shit, some zones to not work..... When I first started using Mq2 two years ago one of the very first things I tried out was nav and I messed with it for weeks (legitimate 1-2hrs a day for a week or two). Ultimately I decided that it was terrible and was never to be used. You probably saw what I mean before you started working on the project... It constantly got stuck, couldn't open doors, some zones just straight up didn't work. It wasn't viable.

Silly me - to think it couldn't ever be fixed.

I have one recommendation though, for either Maskoi or Brainiac, whomever's lap the job falls into.

1. Something really needs to be done about turning navigation off after you zone. I've seen one person (other than me) in the Guild Lobby and they were backing up/side strafing cause MQ2Nav was still running after they zoned and it was trying to find waypoints in the new zone unsuccessfully. Someone is going to leave their bots on over night, their puller is going to die, posse isn't going to work in the Guild Lobby (since it doesn't by default) and there's going to be a video on the EQ forums about this.... You've given the average player too much power with MQ2 Nav and you're not putting handicaps on their inability to be responsible.

It's just my personal opinion of course but I think it would be bad to have bots going bonkers in a zone as public as Guild Lobby. Especially right now when it seems like Daybreak is gung-ho about suspending people for using 3rd party programs.

I have been toying with MQ2 nav a lot the past week and I fucking love it. I'm going to be sending you a donation soon, brainiac, (Probably start of next month) since this is pretty much a total gamechanger for me. It's giving me flashbacks of how good Vtank worked in Asheron's Call. I do truthfully love it.

Sorry if I came off negatively, truthfully I wasn't putting enough time into figuring out MQ2 nav because I didn't think the results were going to be this good. I expected it to get hung up on doors and stairs and shit, some zones to not work..... When I first started using Mq2 two years ago one of the very first things I tried out was nav and I messed with it for weeks (legitimate 1-2hrs a day for a week or two). Ultimately I decided that it was terrible and was never to be used. You probably saw what I mean before you started working on the project... It constantly got stuck, couldn't open doors, some zones just straight up didn't work. It wasn't viable.

Silly me - to think it couldn't ever be fixed.

I have one recommendation though, for either Maskoi or Brainiac, whomever's lap the job falls into.

1. Something really needs to be done about turning navigation off after you zone. I've seen one person (other than me) in the Guild Lobby and they were backing up/side strafing cause MQ2Nav was still running after they zoned and it was trying to find waypoints in the new zone unsuccessfully. Someone is going to leave their bots on over night, their puller is going to die, posse isn't going to work in the Guild Lobby (since it doesn't by default) and there's going to be a video on the EQ forums about this.... You've given the average player too much power with MQ2 Nav and you're not putting handicaps on their inability to be responsible.

It's just my personal opinion of course but I think it would be bad to have bots going bonkers in a zone as public as Guild Lobby. Especially right now when it seems like Daybreak is gung-ho about suspending people for using 3rd party programs.

Trying to find NAV locations is the function of KA not MQ2NAV. Nav doesn't move you unless it knows where you are and where it needs to go. KA tries to find a spot it can move you from and to the target. /endmac and your toon will stop.

/endmac doesnt stop Nav. If you are already en route with nav, you need to use /nav stop. Else you will continue to move to the target without the macro telling it to return home once it reaches the destination.

Trying to find NAV locations is the function of KA not MQ2NAV. Nav doesn't move you unless it knows where you are and where it needs to go. KA tries to find a spot it can move you from and to the target. /endmac and your toon will stop.

I know how to stop the bot, but your recommendation is pointless for people who AFK automate like I said. They can't /end mac or /nav stop their character. They aren't there to do it. And even *if* they are smart enough to use MQ2 Posse and AFK tools; the zone we all usually bind in is the Guild Lobby - which it won't activate posse in by default. That means anyone who bots unattended whom dies using Mq2 Nav has a 100% chance of being caught. (without knowing about this issue before hand of course)

In the mean time you can make GINA audio triggers for zoning or whatever works for you if you AFK automate. My only concern is the playerbase freaking the fuck out over this because I know people aren't responsibile enough to at least monitor their bots every 5 - 10min when they leave them AFK and make sure they aren't dead. You're gonna have bots strafing around in the Guild Lobby broken for HOURS. A shit ton of broken bots in a zone as public as the Guild Lobby = a lot of attention for Mq2 and Mq2Nav which as of right now the playerbase/Developers probably don't know works as well as it does.

We're going to fuck up a good thing before we even have time to enjoy it.

But, if what you say is right and it falls on Maskoi's lap, hopefully he can get something in before videos end up on youtube of bots going haywire after they die while pulling.

Also another semi recommendation would be for MQ2 nav - if could you make it to navigate to location on the map via right click. Similar to how EQ creates a "Find" path when you right click on the map. I thought of the idea when I wanted to run across zonelines on the TLP. How handy it would be to just right click the map (otherwise the only other way I know how is memorize the coords by the zoneline "or" target a mob by the zoneline and nav to him)

MQ2Nav does a full stop and reset if the current zone changes.

The behavior you're describing is likely the result of a bad macro driving it.

It would be Kiss since you also said MQ2nav doesn't have the backing up/side strafing movement, BrainGragg would be right with that then =P

I mean, I guess it's not really that big of an issue, definitely not game breaking, I just feel that any attention on MQ2 from the people on the EQ forums is bad attention.

P.S - if you try to repeat the issue it only happens when your puller dies between nav spots. I noticed it when my puller died, mobs respawned blocking my path to him so I released him to campfire him back. That's when I saw him moving around in the Guild Lobby acting like he was stuck. When I wipe though at camp (and he isn't navigating at the time) he doesn't move in the GL at all.

Here is a picture of what goes wrong (in the MQ2 Log) I reproduced the issue... cause:

CCEiDCT.jpg

Prior to the pic he died away from the camp and I released him to the Guild Lobby. When it says no nav mesh loaded and can't navigate he is doing the backing up/strafing movements.

Last edited:
Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back