• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2Nav Mesh files (1 Viewer)

RedCents
115¢
I've tried looking for the answer to this.

I want to edit my mesh files, but is appears that there are multiple MQ2Nav folder and mesh generators.
Not sure why there are like 4 redundant copies.

C:\ProgramData\RedGuides\DesktopUtility
C:\Users\....\AppData\Local\VeryVanilla
C:\Users\....\AppData\Local\VeryVanilla\MacroQuest\Release
C:\Users\....\AppData\Local\VeryVanilla\Live\Release

Which one is the correct one?

VeryVanilla\Live\Release\Resources\MQ2Nav for meshes.

Assuming you're playing on live.

VeryVanilla\Live\Release\MeshGenerator.exe
For the correct app location.

There's also pre-generated meshes. If you wish to submit your changes to the public you need to start your editing from the meshes available in the plugin MQ2MeshManager or from the updater button in the launcher. Those meshes can be submitted directly to me either through PM here on on Discord via PM.

VeryVanilla\Live\Release\Resources\MQ2Nav for meshes.

Assuming you're playing on live.

VeryVanilla\Live\Release\MeshGenerator.exe
For the correct app location.

There's also pre-generated meshes. If you wish to submit your changes to the public you need to start your editing from the meshes available in the plugin MQ2MeshManager or from the updater button in the launcher. Those meshes can be submitted directly to me either through PM here on on Discord via PM.
Ok, I've deleted Redguides and every version of MQ from my pc. I've found RG installed in all 4 of the locations i mentioned.
After i did this is reinstalled RG into its default location ProgramData\RedGuides\DesktopUtility\

After editting a mesh using the generator in ProgramData\RedGuides\DesktopUtility\MQ2\Live\Release it did not update the mesh the game is using.
I did another search for MQ2Nav folder and found all these ones have been recreated

C:\Users\....\Desktop\RG\VeryVanilla
C:\Users\....\Desktop\RG\\VeryVanilla\MacroQuest\Release
C:\Users\....\Desktop\RG\\VeryVanilla\Live\Release

Some of the generators dont load upto the current expansion, and none update the one being used.
So I'm at a lose as to how to update these and why theres even 4 copies of RG on the PC now.

RG\VeryVanilla\MacroQuest\Release\Resources\MQ2Nav
This one only shows upto ToV when you open the generator

RG\VeryVanilla\Live\Release\Resources\MQ2Nav
Shows to current expansion but editting these meshes do not chance the one thats being used

So I'm completely confused
Mind you I'm still confused why RG needs to make soo many redundant clones. Not just a clean install.

RG\VeryVanilla\MacroQuest\Release\Resources\MQ2Nav
This one only shows upto ToV when you open the generator

RG\VeryVanilla\Live\Release\Resources\MQ2Nav
Shows to current expansion but editting these meshes do not chance the one thats being used

So I'm completely confused
Mind you I'm still confused why RG needs to make soo many redundant clones. Not just a clean install.
RG doesn't. You'd have to direct your launcher to do that

Question - MQ2Nav Mesh files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back