• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin - MQ2Nav - how to correct water (1 Viewer)

RedCents
761¢
1617596344232.png

Here's just one of MANY areas in Cobalt Scar (CoV) that don't allow navigation, following in chase mode is hardly available, pulling / hunter mode is impossible, so on and so on.

Is there a way to "paint" everything as water down in these tunnels? I'm not getting the Mesh Generator to play nicely with creating a new area, like I've been able to create preferred / avoid areas of various maps. Can I just set connectors between all meshed areas and have the squad follow a very unusual path everywhere? Is there a realistic limit to the number of connectors that are able to be created?

Sic

RedCents
13,519¢
View attachment 29331

Here's just one of MANY areas in Cobalt Scar (CoV) that don't allow navigation, following in chase mode is hardly available, pulling / hunter mode is impossible, so on and so on.

Is there a way to "paint" everything as water down in these tunnels? I'm not getting the Mesh Generator to play nicely with creating a new area, like I've been able to create preferred / avoid areas of various maps. Can I just set connectors between all meshed areas and have the squad follow a very unusual path everywhere? Is there a realistic limit to the number of connectors that are able to be created?
there is not a way to delete that stuff, unfortunately.

I wish we could just delete all the bullshit seaweed they put there.

the best bet is using offmesh connectors so you can ignore a large part of that, which sometimes works better than avoid/prefer for areas like that.

last time i asked brain if there was a "too many" for offmesh connections or avoid/prefer he said nope, which is good news

Sic

RedCents
13,519¢
Sweet, thanks Sic. I'll start making little connector pathways. ;)
I wish the "prefer this area" was a little more intrusive on those seaweed portions lol

This is OG Siren's grotto --- with only the smallest seweed lol
(same spot as the above picture for CS2)
1617596867204.png

RedCents
761¢
Yeah, some of the problem is that mobs (named neriads, etc) spawn on the un-meshed areas, which means my guys will just ignore them since they can't path to them, even if they're like Throw Stone distance away.

I did some work to the stupid Skyshrine zone area so my guys would stop accidentally zoning in when I didn't want them to (grabbing collectibles, pulling the named, etc). This worked flawlessly.
1617596979022.png

RedCents
11¢
Yeah, some of the problem is that mobs (named neriads, etc) spawn on the un-meshed areas, which means my guys will just ignore them since they can't path to them, even if they're like Throw Stone distance away.

I did some work to the stupid Skyshrine zone area so my guys would stop accidentally zoning in when I didn't want them to (grabbing collectibles, pulling the named, etc). This worked flawlessly.
View attachment 29337
Can I download your mesh? I now get stuck in the winding tunnel when pulling Kirezelbough.

RedCents
761¢
I haven't touched this in a few months, and the only thing I occasionally have a problem with is the going up / back down the waterfall from Siren's Grotto --> Western Wastes. Usually when I have levitation on, which is pretty much always with the bard double invis.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)