• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin - MQ2Nav - how to correct water (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,097¢
1617596344232.png

Here's just one of MANY areas in Cobalt Scar (CoV) that don't allow navigation, following in chase mode is hardly available, pulling / hunter mode is impossible, so on and so on.

Is there a way to "paint" everything as water down in these tunnels? I'm not getting the Mesh Generator to play nicely with creating a new area, like I've been able to create preferred / avoid areas of various maps. Can I just set connectors between all meshed areas and have the squad follow a very unusual path everywhere? Is there a realistic limit to the number of connectors that are able to be created?

View attachment 29331

Here's just one of MANY areas in Cobalt Scar (CoV) that don't allow navigation, following in chase mode is hardly available, pulling / hunter mode is impossible, so on and so on.

Is there a way to "paint" everything as water down in these tunnels? I'm not getting the Mesh Generator to play nicely with creating a new area, like I've been able to create preferred / avoid areas of various maps. Can I just set connectors between all meshed areas and have the squad follow a very unusual path everywhere? Is there a realistic limit to the number of connectors that are able to be created?
there is not a way to delete that stuff, unfortunately.

I wish we could just delete all the bullshit seaweed they put there.

the best bet is using offmesh connectors so you can ignore a large part of that, which sometimes works better than avoid/prefer for areas like that.

last time i asked brain if there was a "too many" for offmesh connections or avoid/prefer he said nope, which is good news

Yeah, some of the problem is that mobs (named neriads, etc) spawn on the un-meshed areas, which means my guys will just ignore them since they can't path to them, even if they're like Throw Stone distance away.

I did some work to the stupid Skyshrine zone area so my guys would stop accidentally zoning in when I didn't want them to (grabbing collectibles, pulling the named, etc). This worked flawlessly.
1617596979022.png

Yeah, some of the problem is that mobs (named neriads, etc) spawn on the un-meshed areas, which means my guys will just ignore them since they can't path to them, even if they're like Throw Stone distance away.

I did some work to the stupid Skyshrine zone area so my guys would stop accidentally zoning in when I didn't want them to (grabbing collectibles, pulling the named, etc). This worked flawlessly.
View attachment 29337
Can I download your mesh? I now get stuck in the winding tunnel when pulling Kirezelbough.

I haven't touched this in a few months, and the only thing I occasionally have a problem with is the going up / back down the waterfall from Siren's Grotto --> Western Wastes. Usually when I have levitation on, which is pretty much always with the bard double invis.

Attachments

• cobaltscartwo.navmesh
    4.6 MB · Views: 11
Plugin - MQ2Nav - how to correct water

Users who are viewing this thread

Back