• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - MQ2Melee (1 Viewer)

headbasha

RedCents
25¢
Hi guys. Im not sure what is going on but my tank = warrior and he just always attacks from front no matter that.

My SK just keeps spinning around the target until in the rear attacking. I cant seem to figure it out and its really frustrating me. Especially when he is spinning around falling off ledges or crouching under tables ...

I do not believe this is a MQ2Melee thing. I will assume you are using kissassist, and this setting would be found under the [Melee] section after buffs in your kissassist_toonname.ini file.

Here is what I use on my non-tank melees:

Rich (BB code):
[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=!Front Loose
AutoFireOn=0
Seems to work well for me, but note obstacles are a bot bane, YOU, as a player need to try and make sure combt area is clear whenever possible.
Other comans for here are:
behind
behindonce
!front
front
pin - stick to the side of the target
snaproll - runs in a straight line behind your target then turns to face

Side note:
If your using War as MainTank, on your SK, you might want to turn off his agro, and agroo gaining abilities in MQ2Melee.
good sight for help with this area.
http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Melee#Commands

Thanks for the help. I will try this. My friend who i play with also doesnt thing its a MQ2 issue but a Kissassist. However i play my SK manualy and have everyone assist my Warrior tank who is setup as MA and Tank. I only use the MQ2Melee on my SK as he is the puller and my lead "horse" I do however go afk and set my SK to assist my warrior.

I also have his aggro= 0 and Taunt off.

- - - Updated - - -

That didnt work. Still spinning around to the back or the side. Falls off ledge. agro more people. cant get back up. lol

I had the stickhow=on .. i tried it to stickhow=front and what you suggested. Still hasnt worked.

When running SK manually, ar you using KA on him at all? If not, then it is an issue with a plugin and will need more investigating.

My suggestion is to run SK in manual mode with buffs on
Rich (BB code):
/mac kissassist manual
/buffson
This will run KA most basic commans plus help keep you buffs up.
and adjust the MQ2Melee sticking area till it work right
stickmode=[on|off]
If on, it will use the stickcmd as defined in the INI file, if off, it will use the default stick command.

I do not use KA while running my SK. When im using him to pull and everything my MQ window just says MQ2Melee::Attacking [XXXX]

i tried /melee stickmode on

It keeps just saying, MQ2Melee::stickmode (0) [on/off] Use stickcmd from ini?.

I cant get it to turn to a 1. Ill do /melee save. then /melee info .. still its stickmode (0)

- - - Updated - - -

I can set the SK to Tank, assisting my warrior tank. He will stick to the mob no matter which direction the mob is facing.

The actual way to change it in game is :
Rich (BB code):
/melee stickmode=1
then
Rich (BB code):
/melee save
OR go to your MQ2 folder, find your servername_toonnam.iniand change it there, then in game type
Rich (BB code):
/melee load
to make it take effect.

Can you explain what the stickhow=behindonce will attempt to do? I would like for the SK while melee assisting my Warrior Tank to move as little as possible. I just want him to face the target and attack in whichever direction the SK was facing in relation to the mob. I dont want my SK moving around trying to reposition for the best melee angle. Im setup at a camp right now and its multiple levels with a cliff that can get nasty if my guy falls down it.

Right now i have my SK /mac kissassist tank and targeting my warrior with agro off and taunt off and he is doing exactly what i want him to do.

As soon as i go to /mac kissassist and target my tank, he starts to melee and moves around to the back or the side and falls off ....

I still need to know how to make my SK assist my tank without being in tank mode. If my sk is in tank mode assisting my warrior tank, then sometimes 2 mobs spawn and my SK will tank one and my warrior will tank the other. Instead of my enchanter mezzing the add. Im taking additional dmg.

I mean when my SK is assisting. he keeps trying to get behind the mob. Falling off a cliff, aggro mobs, and dies. I just want him to attack from the front or whichever direction without moving around the mob.

Question - MQ2Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back