• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Macro extension for VSCode

Software MQ2Macro extension for VSCode (1 Viewer) 0.0.2

G

gSe7eN

gSe7eN submitted a new resource:

MQ2Macro extension for VSCode - Provides colour syntax highlight and other goodies for editing Macros in VSCode

This is an extension for Microsoft VSCode to enhance your macro writing and editing experience. To install, simply navigate to ~/.vscode/extensions (or in Windows, %USERPROFILE\.vscode\extensions and expand the zip from git hub OR execute git clone https://github.com/djohnsonbaugh/vscodemq2macro.git. The changes in VSCode are instant.

If you do not have Microsoft's VSCode, you can download it absolutely free on the...

Read more about this resource...

This is amazing. One note, I had VS Code open when I dropped the extension in and had to close and reopen to get the syntax highlighting to work.

This is really good work.

This is amazing. One note, I had VS Code open when I dropped the extension in and had to close and reopen to get the syntax highlighting to work.

This is really good work.

Now that I think about it, I had closed VSC in anticipation. After Yeet was done cloning the repo, I reopened.

For everyone else, once the extension is in the correct place, opening VSC is enough, there’s no installing it etc once you’re in.

Hey guy, thanks for trying out the plugin. Feel free to post bugs you find on github. I already saw something in the screen shot I didnt know was possible. ${Params${pi}}

This was a project to learn grammars / regex, so there is probably lots of room for improvement.

I have been looking at snippets also, but havent made much progress.

Hey guy, thanks for trying out the plugin. Feel free to post bugs you find on github. I already saw something in the screen shot I didnt know was possible. ${Params${pi}}

This was a project to learn grammars / regex, so there is probably lots of room for improvement.

I have been looking at snippets also, but havent made much progress.

Thank you so much for doing this! The work is awesome! I’m using this for both MacOS and Windows and it’s absolutely brilliant.

@gSe7eN, I fixed what i saw in your screenshot i think. Also, I didn't figure out how to update the download if i can, Ill have to look at that another day.

DW

@Dwendrox The download link is just a link to your github, so no need to update when you make changes. Unless you want to release a zip or something and then you might want to update the link. But for now it points to the right place.

Dwendrox updated MQ2Macro extension for VSCode with a new update entry:

Nested Variable Support

## [0.0.2]
- Added support for Variable labels having embedded variables - i.e. ${Junk${name}} - impacted /declare /varset/vardata/varcalc and variable references in general
- Fixed issue where commands that do some sort of modification /squelch would fail if preceeding a command that was a block like /if () { }
- Fixed issue in Formulas where (10*(1+3) > 1) would fail

Read the rest of this update entry...

I like the Fact that VSCode has the ability to use source control. Now I just need to figure out how to get a list of my routines for faster access to code blocks.

I can see Dannuic sipping his IPA saying “blame Dwendrox.”
I like the Fact that VSCode has the ability to use source control. Now I just need to figure out how to get a list of my routines for faster access to code blocks.

I want to add autocomplete for all the MQ2Data Types, when i get there Ill see if i can figure out a easy way for folks to customize and add subroutines. I dont think i can dynamically find these with VSCode.

VSCode has a client server based language extension capability that I am exploring. With that I could pull up documentation on mouse over, validate variables in scope, sub routine lists, reading include files, or anything else. If anyone has thoughts on what would be the most valuable starting feature let me know.

TS/JS has never been my jam, but it has got to be better than macro writing, at least until I get the plugin fully functional.

Software MQ2Macro extension for VSCode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back