• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (2 Viewers)

My events are in the release folder and named MQ2Events_"Your characer name".ini If you save them as a text file they will never work. It is also made to trigger off of dialog in the game and not meant to be able to test like you have listed. Now, you could modify the below to wave when"hatchet levels his axe at your upper body", but then you would die.

And here is an example
[HatchetDuck]
trigger='#*#Hatchet levels his axe at your upper body#*#'
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /keypress x

Now if i could just figure out how to make my toon run to a mournful spirit and say shoulder my burden, i would be good

INI:
[MournfulSpirit]
trigger='<add the text you get when the spell lands on you... I don't feel like looking it up>'
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /tar mournful_spirit ; /nav target ; /say shoulder my burden

For that file: MQ2EVENTS_Charname.ini , actually you need to manually create it.
Create the event ingame with the comand, then edit your ini file to fill it. it will be easier.

I LOVE YOU!!!

You'll need another event to turn mq back on (/mpq off) and probably nav you back to a waypoint or something. Otherwise, your toon will sit wherever the mournful spirit was when you nav'd to it.

So like for hatchet
[HatchetLegs]
trigger='#*#Hatchet lifts his axe high#*#'
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /stick 2

[HatchetSafeLegs]
trigger='#*#By darting between Hatchet's hooves#*#'
command=/multiline ; /mqp off ; /stick 15

That is on then off, so for vish would be
[Mournfulspirit]
trigger='#*#you sense your doom approaching#*#'
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /target mournful_spirit ; /nav target ; /say shoulder my burden

[MournfulspiritCure]

No clue if that would work or not though

So like for hatchet
[HatchetLegs]
trigger='#*#Hatchet lifts his axe high#*#'
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /stick 2

[HatchetSafeLegs]

That is on then off, so for vish would be
[Mournfulspirit]
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /target mournful_spirit ; /nav target ; /say shoulder my burden

[MournfulspiritCure]

No clue if that would work or not though

INI:
[Mournfulspirit]
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /attack off ; /target mournful_spirit ; /nav target ; /say shoulder my burden

[MournfulspiritCure]
trigger='<whatever the phrase is when the mournful spirit thing is cured off>'
command=/multiline ; /tar Vish ; /nav target ; / attack on ; /mqp off

If you're trying to use those events with MQ2BerZerker, MQ2Heals, MQ2Afnuke, etc., then you need to add more stuff to the command line. "/mqp on" is the same as "/mqpause on" ... which only pauses macros. It will not pause the functionality of a plugin, so any combat plugins like the ones I mentioned need to be paused, as well. It's easy to do, but I don't know if it applies for what you're doing.

INI:
[Mournfulspirit]
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /attack off ; /target mournful_spirit ; /nav target ; /say shoulder my burden

[MournfulspiritCure]
trigger='<whatever the phrase is when the mournful spirit thing is cured off>'
command=/multiline ; /tar Vish ; /nav target ; / attack on ; /mqp off

If you're trying to use those events with MQ2BerZerker, MQ2Heals, MQ2Afnuke, etc., then you need to add more stuff to the command line. "/mqp on" is the same as "/mqpause on" ... which only pauses macros. It will not pause the functionality of a plugin, so any combat plugins like the ones I mentioned need to be paused, as well. It's easy to do, but I don't know if it applies for what you're doing.
thank you, still cant find what the wording is for when it is cured yet but that helps tremendously, and i am not using anything else

thank you, still cant find what the wording is for when it is cured yet but that helps tremendously, and i am not using anything else

Might need to just do a run at vish with logging on and see what it says (if anything) after you hail the mournful spirit.

The other catch with what I threw together above is its possible the /say will happen before /nav is finished getting you close enough to the mournful spirit.... in which case.... this event won't matter.

You could probably write a dps entry in kissassist to execute these commands with a condition that checks to see if you have creeping doom.

Might need to just do a run at vish with logging on and see what it says (if anything) after you hail the mournful spirit.

The other catch with what I threw together above is its possible the /say will happen before /nav is finished getting you close enough to the mournful spirit.... in which case.... this event won't matter.

It will drop the /say before it gets to the mournful spirit. You cannot script a Vish event with MQ2Events. There are too many checks needed to properly execute. Distance to mournful spirit. Whether it is actually up. If someone beats you to the one you have targeted, then you need your toon to target the next one and run there. MQ2Events is amazing at a lot of what it does, but for Vish, the best advice I can give is to write a script that just lets you know your character has the DT and pause your macros so you can run it manually (depending on how many you are boxing).

Does mq2evemts have a single universal ini file now? All I can find is one mq2events I I and seems like all client use that same ini. How would a character be able to react to an emote if they’re targeted and not have the rest of the group react to the same emote?

Does mq2evemts have a single universal ini file now? All I can find is one mq2events I I and seems like all client use that same ini. How would a character be able to react to an emote if they’re targeted and not have the rest of the group react to the same emote?
You have to create one ini file for each toon

hey all,

still Need some help please…
I created now an ini for every toon with ingame comand /Event settrigger… renamed the ini in MQ2Events_"Charname".ini … Edit the File with my triggers and comands for Icebound Avatar... saved and reload ingame... Doesnt work so far on any toon... got 3 Times the Emote and my shm (KA) Cleric (Mq2cleric) and Zerker (MQ2zerker) died then i whiped…

did i anything wrong ?

Can MQ2Events be setup to read MQ2 window? I see speculation in this thread but no firm answers.

I do not believe it does, but it would be easy to test. It's also abstracted enough that it's probably only ~10 lines of code to add it as an ini option and and that capability.

Is it as simple as just making a new text file or ?

I am feeling extremely dumb with this plugin...

If you load the plugin in game via /plugin mq2events load , you can /events help , which will give you some instructions also found > here < on it's resource page. Events are saved by default to an ini called MQ2Events_Charname.ini in your main MQ2 folder

To make sure you do your ini is created correctly, I suggest in game doing /event settrigger eventname faketriggerzxcv and a /event setcommand eventname fakecommandzxc

which will make an MQ2Events_charname.ini for you in the correct place with the following inside it

[eventname]
trigger=faketriggerzxc
command=fakecommandzxc

Now you can rename all the above in the file, or copy and paste and create a new event and leave that as a template for yourself. Keeping in mind not to have duplicate events

With your text editor you can copy/paste in stuff from the forums and create your own events etc. I have more recently been using VSCode and >this< resource for MQ2 stuff, but you can just use notepad all the same.

Keeping in mind to either unload the plugin while editing stuff externally (if EQ/MQ2 is loaded) or make sure you do an /event load after editing the file externally.

Ok first time messing with this since I asked, and I copy/pasted what you told me to put in eq to get an ini file and I got nothing. I loaded the plugin for sure. What am I missing?

I can't get this to work at all. It did work about a week ago.
I'm gonna say this doesn't work atm. I've tried of different stuff to get it going.

/event load /event on
/event on /event load idk which way ur supposed to use this

yes below mq2events dll

MQ2Events_toonname.ini

For Bard in Kiss
[[kneel]
trigger=#1#The ice encrusted Avatar of War shouts that |${Me}| must bend the knee!#2#
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) ;/mqp ;/pause 10 ;/stoptwist ;/keypress x
[stand]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave it#2#
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /keypress x ;/mqp
[avatarp2]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War changes the rules and chooses a new field of battle!#2#
command=/nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

mq2eskay

[kneel]
trigger=#1#The ice encrusted Avatar of War shouts |${Me}| must bend the knee!#2#
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /attack off ; /keypress x
[stand]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave it#2#
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress x ; /attack on
[avatarp2]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War changes the rules and chooses a new field of battle!#2#
command=/multiline ; /target npc Icebound Avatar of War ; /attack on ; /nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

mq2zerker
[kneel]
trigger=#1#The ice encrusted Avatar of War shouts that |${Me}| must bend the knee!#2#
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /zerk mode 0 ; /attack off ; /keypress x
[stand]
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress x ; /zerk mode vorpal
[avatarp2]
command=/multiline ; /zerk mode 0 ; /target Icebound Avatar of War ; /attack on ; /nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

mq2 bst

[kneel]
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /bst mode 0 ; /attack off ; /keypress x
[stand]
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress x ; /bst mode assist
[avatarp2]
command=/multiline ; /bst mode 0 ; /target Icebound Avatar of War ; /attack on ; /nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

mq2cleric

[kneel]
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /keypress x
[stand]
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /keypress x
[avatarp2]
command=/nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

What am i missing here?

ok first, you multi lines are a bit off

command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) ;/mqp ;/pause 10 ;/stoptwist ;/keypress x --- not only isn't this a multiline, but the ; are borked

MQ2Events_Bardarino.ini
INI:
[kneel]
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /mqp on; /twist off; /attack off; /target clear; /keypress DUCK
[stand]
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress DUCK; /mqp off
[avatarp2]
command=/multiline ; /mqp off; /chaseon;

it is a good habit to only have a space before the ; when it is after the multiline (normally not a problem, but if you do something like try and invite a toon with /invite bill ; it won't work because of the space)

I also have a video and my events for this mission > HERE <

Does anyone have a relay tell event that works? The one in the original ini seems to just spam me indefinitely when they receive a tell.

This is the one I use and works fine.

[relaytell]
trigger=#1# tells you, #2#
command=/tell Character ${EventArg1} told me, '${EventArg2.Mid[2,${Math.Calc[${EventArg2.Length}-2]}]}'

Do you use tell windows? It seems to treat any input into that window as originating from someone else.
Good point, I had this problem too but your comment had me looking at options and I disabled "use tell windows" under the general options tab. Then I setup a new chat window and set the filter for tells only. Fixed the problem! Thanks!

I'm having trouble getting mq2events to work. I have six toons, and I created six different ini files with the mq2events_toonname.ini format, but I think mq2events is only reading one file because whenever I try to add anything to it in-game it always creates a new mq2events ini file. I can add stuff ingame to this file, but I cannot add anything ingame to my certain toons file. I think this is why it isn't working, but I'm not sure.

I'm having trouble with mq2events too. Whenever I do the /event settrigger eventname faketrigger, it only creates one mq2events ini without the name, so all the changes made go to this one file, and when I do change the ini's name to my character's, it just creates a need mq2events ini. I would love to use this great features too.

ok so maybe someone smarter then me can help. i want to allow someone whos not running kissassist to have some control over my toon when i group with them, i sometimes i turn on mq2berzerker and walk away but they like moving and clearing multi camps. whats wrong with this script? the {PLAYERNAME} would all be deleted and the players name there. any help would be apricated
[Outside Zerk Mode 1]
trigger=#1#{PLAYERNAME} tells you 'one', #2#
command=/zerk mode 1

[Outside Zerk Mode 2]
trigger=#1#{PLAYERNAME} tells you 'two', #2#
command=/zerk mode 2

Last edited:
I'm having trouble getting mq2events to work. I have six toons, and I created six different ini files with the mq2events_toonname.ini format, but I think mq2events is only reading one file because whenever I try to add anything to it in-game it always creates a new mq2events ini file. I can add stuff ingame to this file, but I cannot add anything ingame to my certain toons file. I think this is why it isn't working, but I'm not sure.
delete all the old ini's ( save a master copy somewhere on your pc) and create new ini's for everyone and copy and paste the master code into the generated ini for each. sometimes with patches and upgrades the ini's break and have to be remade.

ok so maybe someone smarter then me can help. i want to allow someone whos not running kissassist to have some control over my toon when i group with them, i sometimes i turn on mq2berzerker and walk away but they like moving and clearing multi camps. whats wrong with this script? the {PLAYERNAME} would all be deleted and the players name there. any help would be apricated
[Outside Zerk Mode 1]
trigger=#1#{PLAYERNAME} tells you 'one', #2#
command=/zerk mode 1

[Outside Zerk Mode 2]
trigger=#1#Mennhitt tells you 'two', #2#
command=/zerk mode 2

you need a comma and a space

[Logoutnow]
trigger=#1#tells you, 'logoutnow#2#
command=/multiline ; /gu Im out! ; /bcga //q

you need a comma and a space

[Logoutnow]
trigger=#1#tells you, 'logoutnow#2#
command=/multiline ; /gu Im out! ; /bcga //q
this is now the script and still nothing. i want to be able to lock it to one person. so only they can tell that toon the phrase and then switch acordingly
[outside zerk mode 1]
trigger=#1#tells you, 'one#2#
command=/zerk mode 1

Yippee-ki-yay!
something like that. i liked my relay tells feature. but i guess i can just put it back in and swap it in and out as i want. ill figure something out

[relaytell]
trigger=#1# tells you, #2#
command=/tell Charname ${EventArg1} told me, '${EventArg2.Mid[2,${Math.Calc[${EventArg2.Length}-2]}]}'

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back