• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (2 Viewers)

Hi I'm a bit of a scrub, where do I find the "trigger texts" etc. so that I can start building my own command lines with this? I'm a completely novice programmer.

Hi I'm a bit of a scrub, where do I find the "trigger texts" etc. so that I can start building my own command lines with this? I'm a completely novice programmer.
Trigger Text refers to the actual in-game emote or any text that you want MQ2Events to respond to. So it depends on what event you're doing and what shows up in the EQ log file. If you're familiar with Gina, it's the same text that gina responds to.

Trigger Text refers to the actual in-game emote or any text that you want MQ2Events to respond to. So it depends on what event you're doing and what shows up in the EQ log file. If you're familiar with Gina, it's the same text that gina responds to.

Ah gotcha thanks, I guess I meant more where do I find the Command Texts? I.e. if I want my toon to respond to a certain trigger by navigating to a certain point, where do I find the line of code that would allow me to do that? Or if I wanted it to respond to a line of text by casting a certain spell? Etc.

That's a whole different ball of wax at that point, and not an easily answered question.

Each plugin has it's own command and parameters. Each plugin has it's own resource to layout the details of the commands and parameters. None of which will walk you through doing such a thing.
Movement can be handled with a few different things. MQ2Nav, MQ2MoveUtils I think would likely be your best first stop.

Casting can be handled with either ingame commands or with MQ2Cast

You'd have to look at the pages for those resources to get more details and to devise a way to utilize their logic to your advantage.

You can also look at other macros. Which will likely provide you the most insight to the macro language as a whole.

Been trying to set this up in order to do the Kael event but cant seem to figure out where to plug in the Event codes. When you create the ini file is there a particular way to create it? Under release where should I place this file? I have tried in a few folders but in game it just doesn't bring anything up when I /load event. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For each of your toons create a file in the release folder (where MQ2Events.dll is) with MQ2Events_ToonName.ini.

In it past this:

INI:
[BendKnee]
trigger=#*# that ToonName must bend the#*#
command=/multiline ; /mqp ; /keypress d

[StandUp]
trigger=#*#Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave#*#
command=/multiline ; /stand ; /mqp

Replace ToonName with the name of your toon.
Adjust the commands , but it should work with kiss and ihc.
Save it.

then /load events once in game.

Last edited:
For each of your toons create a file in the release folder (where MQ2Events.dll is) with MQ2Events_ToonName.ini.

In it past this:

INI:
[BendKnee]
command=/multiline ; /mqp ; /keypress d

[StandUp]
command=/multiline ; /stand ; /mqp

Replace ToonName with the name of your toon.
Adjust the commands , but it should work with kiss and ihc.
Save it.

then /load events once in game.

I put it in release but when I /Load events it just says unable able to find favorite list 'events'. The MQ2Events_toonname.ini is it just in text format I basically have it written on ms notepad which seems right.

in windows options, you have to enable show files extension, once you did that, you'll see the file extension at the end of the file and you'll be able to change it

@SA_krycek not successful unfortunately none of the characters reacted to the emote. Here are what some of my files look like.
In the release folder there is the MQ2Events.dll file Under that I have my files i made example. MQ2Events_Chesmel.ini. Inside that file looks like this
[BendKnee]
trigger=#*# that Chesmel must bend the#*#
command=/multiline ; /nuke pause ; /keypress d
[StandUp]
command=/multiline ; /stand ; /nuke resume

In game /event load says MQ2Events: Reloading INI

@MrPatate Just wanted to say thanks that was the missing piece. I works for all the KA characters but does not work for MQ2Berserker. I was able to do the mission swapping in another toon though. Worked flawlessly

I was wondering if someone could post their events for the various raids, or named mobs in the more recent expansions.

@crs399, Try that for the Zerker

INI:
[BendKnee]
command=/multiline ; /zerk mode 0 ; /zerk autostandonduck off; /keypress esc ; /pause 10 ; /keypress d

[StandUp]
command=/multiline ; /zerk mode 1 ; /zerk autostandonduck on

@crs399, then it would be :

INI:
[BendKnee]
command=/multiline ; /mqp ; /zerk autostandonduck off; /keypress esc ; /pause 10 ; /keypress d

[StandUp]
command=/multiline ; /mqp ; /zerk autostandonduck on

@crs399, then it would be :

INI:
[BendKnee]
command=/multiline ; /mqp ; /zerk autostandonduck off; /keypress esc ; /pause 10 ; /keypress d

[StandUp]
command=/multiline ; /mqp ; /zerk autostandonduck on
Ok cool I’ll try it tonight. Thanks for all your help!

Tried the above suggestions, I still cant get it to work, no one ducks, zerker using plugin with blank kiss ini and hes dieing all the time, seems to target my bard too, but hes doesnt duck either

How do I download this? The download link led to a site with code from years ago.

Nm, didn't realize it was already in the dir.

Last edited:
Gettings all! I love Mq2events and I use it on a TLP for anguish OOM event and Ture event, parts of DoHD raids but I am looking for an events listing in order to do the vishmitar event. Anyone have one to share?

@morisato brings up the point that this plugin is difficult for new users as they have to manually create an .ini. Would anyone have any problem if we made this create an .ini on load? I believe @ChatWithThisName had this at some point but was shot down by reviewers

Pretty sure he means just creating the empty ini file when the plugin is first loaded on a character, then players can begin populating the data for themselves.

i rather not it populate inis automoatically since it creates an ini pr toon, instea dmake it a command to create ini. /events makeini

Hi @ all

Iam new to Kiss and MQ2 and ill tried to figure out how this MQ2 Events works...
What ive done so far is: /Plugin mq2events (it loads Plugin) --> /Event on --> /Event load… (Tells me in MQ2Events Reloading INI)
If i understand that Right....there should be a MQ2EVENTS_Charname.ini in my Release Folder where i could put in the Triggers and Command´s or ?
But in my Release Folder is only the MQ2EVENTS.dll
If i manualy create a INI and put in something to test like... trigger= #1# Charname waves at you #2# command=/wave Nothing happens.

Can anyone help me to get this run ?

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back