• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ2EBC Issues (1 Viewer)

RedCents
5,130Ā¢
Ok so I've come back to mq2 this time around and I'm six boxing across 2 pcs (3 for each pc). really don't want to run all on one pc as I prefer a lot of manual control but would like to use stick and eq2nav for example. I've been fiddling with EQBC for hours and I Finally got it so I can ping the Server PC and get a response (I wasn't originally). For whatever reason when connecting to the server though I get a could not connect (just times out). I've reduced every network and firewall setting I can think of.

Both pc are on windows 10. Both setup for local discoverability (which is what finally let me ping the host pc)
The router is Asuss RT-AC3200, I've opened the port forwarding for the local network.
My connection is wireless but I do have both pcs connecting to the same 5g network (not on different bands).

Truly out of ideas of what else to test at this point. I thought as soon as I Could ping the host pc it would work but it's still doing the same time out and could not connect message.

Forget ping the power is in telnet.

designate one machine to the the server, open the EQBC port just on this box. on the other computers use telnet to see if they can connect to the server.

telnet {serverIP} {EQBCPort}

side note: telnet is not enable by default but added through add features, or download putty.

Forget ping the power is in telnet.

designate one machine to the the server, open the EQBC port just on this box. on the other computers use telnet to see if they can connect to the server.

telnet {serverIP} {EQBCPort}

side note: telnet is not enable by default but added through add features, or download putty.

So it times out actually after downloading putty. But I can't think of any idea of what else to do. I have a port forwarding setup on the router. I've turned off windows defender - I'm completely out of ideas at this point.

alternatively, mq2dannet is available with hopefully zeroconf setup for all boxes in your LAN

So I appreciate the suggestions and maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding the guide on it but Iā€™m really hoping to run manual kissassist (all I care about is positioning) and some of the nav follow options - for example my ber following me around in COV missions. I run ISB as well and manually control the burns and play - and my dps is frankly high. Iā€™ve come back to MQ2 for the quality of life options (nav) and the positioning for melee. crusaders/aaryonar is complicated enough that this will make it a lot easier to consistently beat. Really not being able ot use the follow/mimic and come to me buttons is just driving me nuts on second pc.

The only other item I havenā€™t mentioned is I do run the router behind the Comcast WiFi modem/router - but Iā€™m using all of lan settings on the router and nothing is connected to it. Iā€™ve also updated the router to latest firmware.

turned off windows defender on both pcs, have no other firewalls. I could try replacing the router I supposed but hoping to really narrow it down to that being the issue. Not sure if there are network/win 10 settings Iā€™m missing. Oh I did open port directly in windows as well and confirmed it through pining that 2112 is wide open.

Hmm more fiddling around and I tried opening EQBCS2 (instead of EQBCS) and what's interesting is now i am able to get the second pc to connect. to it (showing on the server). So that's a step forward but now the local pc doesn't want to connect - I'm going to play with it more but I'm guessing I'll figure that part out at some point.

What is the difference between EQBCS and EQBCS2?

2 Min later FIXED- Interesting I just had to disable EQBCS the original file to get connected. So it looks like the main annoyance is I need to leave this open in my taskbar. But otherwise no real difference?

Hmm more fiddling around and I tried opening EQBCS2 (instead of EQBCS) and what's interesting is now i am able to get the second pc to connect. to it (showing on the server). So that's a step forward but now the local pc doesn't want to connect - I'm going to play with it more but I'm guessing I'll figure that part out at some point.

What is the difference between EQBCS and EQBCS2?

2 Min later FIXED- Interesting I just had to disable EQBCS the original file to get connected. So it looks like the main annoyance is I need to leave this open in my taskbar. But otherwise no real difference?

So you have to use the standalone EQBCS vs the one that can install as a windows service?

So you have to use the standalone EQBCS vs the one that can install as a windows service?

I assume that ECBS2 is the standalone correct? And yeah the windows service one did not work. not a single config setting changes. Whatā€™s weird though is I double checked 10x in the firewalls and even though I turned them off I know ECBS service was enabled for pass through. I also opened the port manually anyway.

very odd but super happy it worked. Honestly Iā€™m using minimal macros but already with very little tweaking my setup has proved a lot because i donā€™t have to spend time positioning the melee boxes. I still control them but itā€™s been a drastic leap forward for when I canā€™t set a camp.

QOL improvements for travels have been huge. But Iā€™ve got a few weeks of playing with it all Iā€™m sure. Going to run crusaders in a bit and see if i can finally box it now that Iā€™m not trying to use /follow to work on mele (only got to 3rd dragon before).

I assume that ECBS2 is the standalone correct? And yeah the windows service one did not work. not a single config setting changes. Whatā€™s weird though is I double checked 10x in the firewalls and even though I turned them off I know ECBS service was enabled for pass through. I also opened the port manually anyway.

very odd but super happy it worked. Honestly Iā€™m using minimal macros but already with very little tweaking my setup has proved a lot because i donā€™t have to spend time positioning the melee boxes. I still control them but itā€™s been a drastic leap forward for when I canā€™t set a camp.

QOL improvements for travels have been huge. But Iā€™ve got a few weeks of playing with it all Iā€™m sure. Going to run crusaders in a bit and see if i can finally box it now that Iā€™m not trying to use /follow to work on mele (only got to 3rd dragon before).

I dont use the windows service one either, but the exe Im using is "eqbcs.exe" .. I had strange lag issues with the one that installed itself as a service, and no matter what i tried, couldnt resolve it.. and this was for just use on one pc.. but using that exe (as you say, has its own window open in the taskbar) I really have no issues..

I dont use the windows service one either, but the exe Im using is "eqbcs.exe" .. I had strange lag issues with the one that installed itself as a service, and no matter what i tried, couldnt resolve it.. and this was for just use on one pc.. but using that exe (as you say, has its own window open in the taskbar) I really have no issues..

Yeah so Iā€˜m 90% sure Iā€™m using the exe that leaves the cmd like window open. Either way itā€™s working great and one of my number one reasons for coming back to VV is already accomplished with no real setup - knocked out crusaders in COV this evening. I need to tweak the setup but Iā€™m definitely liking it quite a bit.

The thing that eventually made me not like it is I felt bored just playing one char (reason why I box) and automated way too much. I like this balance of stick/follow for melee but me controlling the abilities and then Iā€™ve been bouncing back between continuing to control cleric (bard I just automated cause heā€™s sort of automated anyway) and just go full auto. Either way I like the balance a lot.

And now that I can automate - Iā€™m super curious to see how well my shaman will work since itā€™s super hard to play him as a main healer + adps and everything else but he has max aa so should be interesting to see that group come together paired with 3 ber, bard, and a war.

Yeah so Iā€˜m 90% sure Iā€™m using the exe that leaves the cmd like window open. Either way itā€™s working great and one of my number one reasons for coming back to VV is already accomplished with no real setup - knocked out crusaders in COV this evening. I need to tweak the setup but Iā€™m definitely liking it quite a bit.

The thing that eventually made me not like it is I felt bored just playing one char (reason why I box) and automated way too much. I like this balance of stick/follow for melee but me controlling the abilities and then Iā€™ve been bouncing back between continuing to control cleric (bard I just automated cause heā€™s sort of automated anyway) and just go full auto. Either way I like the balance a lot.

And now that I can automate - Iā€™m super curious to see how well my shaman will work since itā€™s super hard to play him as a main healer + adps and everything else but he has max aa so should be interesting to see that group come together paired with 3 ber, bard, and a war.

Yep that's the beauty of it, you automate what you don't want to play, and manually do the things you enjoy doing. I'm the same way..

So it times out actually after downloading putty. But I can't think of any idea of what else to do. I have a port forwarding setup on the router. I've turned off windows defender - I'm completely out of ideas at this point.

Please tell me you are not port forwarding on your public internet router. This would be bad. Trolls of shodan will find you.

EQBC does not install as a service without special setup, at least it did not for me. Should be simple. Get the IP of your server machine. Run the EXE so you get a ā€DOS boxā€, connect all your toons to the server ip.

DanNet is also an option. I know one of my machines really did not like it. (Firewall was being strict).

Please tell me you are not port forwarding on your public internet router. This would be bad. Trolls of shodan will find you.

EQBC does not install as a service without special setup, at least it did not for me. Should be simple. Get the IP of your server machine. Run the EXE so you get a ā€DOS boxā€, connect all your toons to the server ip.

DanNet is also an option. I know one of my machines really did not like it. (Firewall was being strict).

So the service version worked fine on the Ian machine not on the second machine. The non-service version worked fine though. I even locked up the firewall back to original levels with no issue. So all fixed.

I am looking at Dan net now for some of the other plugins - probably tinker with it tomorrow. NOt sure Iā€™ll fully move over to it but hoping it works across both machines as well as I hate flopping instances of eq back and forth

to answer your question though no i have A second router behind the internet router.

Problem - MQ2EBC Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back