• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

MQ2Cast error (1 Viewer)

While compiling the two recent MQ2 sources MQ2-20140326 and MQ2-20140323 from macroquest2 website.

- - - Updated - - -

what macro were you using when you got this error?

While compiling the two recent MQ2 sources MQ2-20140326 and MQ2-20140323 from macroquest2 website. Thanks.

Oh sorry no clue you would have to ask that macroquest2.com if you doing you own compiles. I thought ours was kicking up a new error.

There were changes to MQ2Cast in the VIP section for all these new changes so make sure you have the most current version.

I thought ours was kicking up a new error. There were changes to MQ2Cast in the VIP section for all these new changes so make sure you have the most current version.

I see. Redguides version of macroquest 2 must be different from the standard source at the MQ2 source website. I'm not a programmer yet. I'm trying to learn C# and C++. I started learning V-Basic many moons ago but never really made a career out of it. So MQ2 and Everquest got me interested again.

And so that's why I'm here to bother the fine people of Redguides. But anyway, thanks and have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

MQ2cast needs fixed, along with several other plugins due to Level change. it's in the patch notes. until then you can use ClassLevel i think.

I'm using Visual Studio 2008. I recently installed Visual Studio with Visual Studio 2013 with Blend. I know it sounds silly. I guess the people of Microsoft know what they're doing after years of working on VS and imbibing thousands of gallons of coffee and finally come up with "Blend" and the .NET updates, and it turns out 2013 either doesn't work with Macroquest or there is an update somewhere to make it feasible for legacy software. So I have 2010 installed as well. Ever since I upgraded to Windows Ultimate to take advantage of the 32Gb RAM and 64 bit processing, MQ2 has a lot of bugs. I can't even use 2013 VS to compile it.

Anyway, I tried that ClassLevel by typing in Class next to Level and this is what I got:

Warning 1 warning C4800: 'void (__cdecl *)(EQData::PSPAWNINFO,char *)' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning) c:\MQ\MQ2Cast\MQ2Cast.cpp 189 MQ2Cast

Error 2 Error spawning 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe'. Project MQ2Cast

MQ2Cast error

Users who are viewing this thread

Back