• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - MQ2 will not start EQ (1 Viewer)

RedCents
935¢
Hey all,
On computer 1, everything works great. On computer 2, I cannot get EQ going with MQ2. I can load and update Redguides Launcher, Launch MQ2 and EQBCS no problem, byt when I right click the MQ@ tray icon under profiles...the accounts stay at the sign in. The server name shows in the account name, the password box stays blank and nothing further seems to happen. So I thought maybe the passwords somehow got all screwed up, but checking under Edit, I can see they are all correct in the Profiles. If I then type the PW in the black box, it attempts to sign in and after 20 sec or so says Eq has Timed out. If I start EQ with DBG launcher, everything goes as normal and MQ2 starts up. Rather odd right? Any ideas? I have not installed any new software or anything and everything was working fine yesterday. Also I have rebooted the computer a few times just out of "well why not". I was considering reinstalling. But hoping to save doing that..

Question: Are you trying to log-in one group from both computer. (one or two from one computer and the rest from the other)? Are you running MQ2 on both computers? Just a thought but it sounds like one computer is working correctly and when you try to call characters from the other computer is where it messes up.

I am not sure what the setup is for more than one computer a few folks here do ... I will look into this and see what I can Find. I run all 6 on one computer.

Hey guys thanks for the responses. I only mentioned about computer 1 simply to mean that I have MQ2 VV working perfectly there. Regarding this issue, I am playing solely on comp 2, all accounts on comp 2 playing together there. Please ignore anything about comp 1. MQ2Autolgin is loaded, I just checked. However............................. you hit the problem !!!!! I had it Disabled (checked off) by accident on the MQ2 tray icon. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just hit it and loaded one of the accounts perfectly as always.. THANK YOU. So silly of me not to notice it was checked off. I even recall reading not long ago how someone here prefferred not logging all the characters in and this check was talked about.. DOH. Now I can try and get one last go at that Crushbone raid. Thanks guys. Plus I learned something.

Tech - MQ2 will not start EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back