• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 mesh editing not working (1 Viewer)

Jalerian

RedCents
637¢
Howdy,
I am trying to edit out a troublesome area in the Hills of Shade. I followed the instructions in this post: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2war.70026/post-438638. I opened the mesh generator, opened the Hills of Shade zone, moved to the building I want to remove, chose the mark area tool, drew a box around the building I wanted to avoid, clicked create volume, adjusted the height to include everything I wanted to avoid, clicked save, then did a /nav reload in game, and the mesh is the same. Nothing I have tried allows me to save the changes I make in the Mesh Generator.

Please help!
Thanks!

Solution
The file saved timestamp for the hills of shade is back in Dec. of 2021. It is not saving the file. The file I checked was located in the same folder as is pointed at in the screenshot below. I did a search on my computer and there is no other hillsofshade file. Here is a screen shot of my mesh generator, with settings shown. I click the Save button that is shown in the top left there under verts and it does not save my changes.View attachment 51118
Your nav path is incorrect. It tells you in the picture it should be the root mq directory, you have it pointing elsewhere (Brainiac is correct)
This is the path copied from the Mesh Generator settings: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\MQ2Next\resources\MQ2Nav
This is the path copied from the MQ2Nav folder on my computer: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\MQ2Next\resources\MQ2Nav

Those appear to be the same to me? Is it not supposed to have the MQ2Nav at the end? Ie, end in resources?

Thanks

This is the path copied from the Mesh Generator settings: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\MQ2Next\resources\MQ2Nav
This is the path copied from the MQ2Nav folder on my computer: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\MQ2Next\resources\MQ2Nav

Those appear to be the same to me? Is it not supposed to have the MQ2Nav at the end? Ie, end in resources?

Thanks
Look at the file saved timestamp in C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\MQ2Next\resources\MQ2Nav\hillsofshade.navmesh. If the timestamp is not updated on the file, you're saving the mesh to the wrong location. IIRC you can set the navmesh path in 'settings' in the nav mesh generator. I had the same problem when I first used the generator.

The file saved timestamp for the hills of shade is back in Dec. of 2021. It is not saving the file. The file I checked was located in the same folder as is pointed at in the screenshot below. I did a search on my computer and there is no other hillsofshade file. Here is a screen shot of my mesh generator, with settings shown. I click the Save button that is shown in the top left there under verts and it does not save my changes.1695521218789.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The file saved timestamp for the hills of shade is back in Dec. of 2021. It is not saving the file. The file I checked was located in the same folder as is pointed at in the screenshot below. I did a search on my computer and there is no other hillsofshade file. Here is a screen shot of my mesh generator, with settings shown. I click the Save button that is shown in the top left there under verts and it does not save my changes.View attachment 51118
Your nav path is incorrect. It tells you in the picture it should be the root mq directory, you have it pointing elsewhere (Brainiac is correct)

Last edited:
Solution
Question - MQ2 mesh editing not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back