• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2 help (1 Viewer)

clrplr

RedCents
can anyone help me out here with macroquest 2 plz? i downloaded it. do i download the compile.zip file? which folder do i extract it to and then what do i do after that? sorry, new to the MQ2 thing...

i downloaded it and compiled it then got it running and in-game i tried that bandaide macro, i typed /mac bandaide.mac and it said it couldnt locate it, said it wasnt in the mq2 foleder, looked like this "Couldn't locate file bandaide.mac in C:\Macroquest\Intermediate\Macros" and i never saved it in the MQ folder and there was no macro folder in the intermediate... :mad:

Where did the \intermediate\ come from? That shouldn't be in there and the macros folder should be in the MQ2 folder so I really dunno what to say

The simple fix is to move your macro folder to the location that it wants. I believe the intermediate folder is for the ISXEQ vice MQ2 ... don't qoute me on that one though, I haven't looked into ISXEQ.

The other simple fix is to re-download that latest MQ2 and re-compile it.

Finally, you can use one of the posted compiled versions that can be located in a few places in this forum.

ok, i re-downloaded, re-compiled, now i double click the MQ2 thingy in the folder, then i double click it on bottom right and it say "Invalid Client Version" whats the problem here? cant seem to get it to work, i downloaded it for a 3rd time and compiled it, for the 3rd time (maybe it just doesnt like me?? :confused: ) and it said "Invalid Client Version" for the 2nd time :p

Clrplr

Check out this link below, some of your questions most likely can be answered in the links that I posted . Also, when a everquest patch comes out like the one today it breaks the MQ2 application, thats why you are getting an incorrect client version. You will have to check the MQ2 website daily to get the updated MQ2 application, then download and go thru the compile process. However, in the mean time get yourself up to speed with the newbie guide to MQ2 found here.

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=3729

Hi, just joined tonight, and stuck already lol
I have MQ2 downloaded but when I try to run it, I get the message MQ2Main.dll not found, so I must have missed something.
I found 2 MQ2Auth codes with Notepad but have no clue how to use them so, any help appreciated plz.
PS..I just play games. All this is like Chinese to me, but I try )

Blue, the best thing to do, IMHO, if you are learning, is to go directly to one of the precompiled versions of mq2...

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=11939

Turkreno's version is very good, and I have had no problems with it. That being said, if you have your heart set on compiling your own, there are a number of threads in the guides section that will point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Thx Mikiky, I actually got MC2 to open on my taskbar )
Going to open EQ and see what happens but, what I really want is to be able to open a map that shows Mob location and level, so I dont have to run half a zone just to kill 1 blue, so, any suggestions as to how I could do this would be very welcome.

Going to open EQ and see what happens but, what I really want is to be able to open a map that shows Mob location and level, so I dont have to run half a zone just to kill 1 blue, so, any suggestions as to how I could do this would be very welcome.

If you want functionality like that, ShowEQ or MySEQ is a better way to go. MQ is great, but if you want a better overall view of a zone at a glance, ShowEQ or MySEQ is the way to go.

Thx Mikiky, I actually got MC2 to open on my taskbar )

for map features, try /mapfilter npc, then use /mapfilter npcconcolor. That will show you all the mobs in the zone and their con color. To show all the pc's in the zone, use /mapfilter pc

I really do recommend you go to the mq2 website or search here in the guides section on basic mq2 commands. There are tons of things in there that are useful for you to learn and do.

Thx everyone for the helpful comments....I got the Mob location and lvl thing working
The main problem I have is that Im completely overloaded with information atm reading all the various differing threads,... a million ideas, then I lose track of things..I just never knew stuff like this existed lol

MQ2 help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back