• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ2 error when running MacroQuest.exe (1 Viewer)

bamselord

RedCents
80¢
So I just compiled MQ2 on my desktop with no errors and I go log in my toon and once I'm in game I click MQ2 to load it up and when I do I get an error that pops up and crashes my EQ game.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-18 105315.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-18 105315.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 7
So I just compiled MQ2 on my desktop with no errors and I go log in my toon and once I'm in game I click MQ2 to load it up and when I do I get an error that pops up and crashes my EQ game.
since you're self compiling you will need to run a debugger and find out where it is crashing.

it is also just "MQ" for "MacroQuest" MQ2 is long gone dodo-style

As far as I know or atleast i could find compiling is the only way to get MQ these days. Am I not correct? also before I compiled I ran a debug with no issues. MQ runs with no issues it just does not run with EQ open and logged in.

As far as I know or atleast i could find compiling is the only way to get MQ these days. Am I not correct? also before I compiled I ran a debug with no issues. MQ runs with no issues it just does not run with EQ open and logged in.
the site you're posting on, redguides, is a site dedicated to people not having to compile themselves :p

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

So, ive installed Redguides Veryvanilla and I am getting the same error code. Now I am running Windows Parallels on a mac with an M1 Pro not sure if there is an issue.

There is a thread where folks were working on getting things working under parallels, take a read through the thread.

Yep, I’ve got it working. I’m going to do a write up and possibly a video this weekend super busy at work today.

Update; Sorry haven't forgotten been a busy week. Still planning on doing this.

Last edited:
Problem - MQ2 error when running MacroQuest.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back