• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ2 consuming unusual amounts of CPU (1 Viewer)

RedCents
479¢
With the latest build I've seen MQ2 consuming, for it, an unusual amount of my CPU cycles (~25%) and EQ hanging for about 5 secs. It appears to be when calling the following code:

Sub KnifePlay
|Check to see if we are already discing
/if (${Window[CombatAbilityWnd].Child[CAW_CombatEffectLabel].Text.Find[Agile]}) /return
/if (${Window[CombatAbilityWnd].Child[CAW_CombatEffectLabel].Text.Find[Knife]}) /return
/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady["Knifeplay Discipline"]} || ${Me.CombatAbilityReady["Knifeplay Discipline Rk. II"]}) {
/disc Knifeplay Discipline
}
/return

Seeing same thing. I box a large number of chars across 3 identical computers and I see random lockups of 3-5 seconds on all 3. Wasn’t an issue before yesterday.
for many turning logging /log off fixes an issue with the inline links in the new spell messages give that a whirl.

Dreamflux's seems to be something else, we've all thrown whacky ideas at him all morning on discord lol

Same issue in the new build. Characters lock up. If you check task manager you see this:

mq2 cpu usage.png

Here is a screenshot of the version.
mq2 version.png

I've used another mq2 build and the issue does not exist there. You can actually watch as the CPU % drops for MQ2 characters will begin to respond again. I test this by having all my guys stick from about 200 yards. 18 will run over and 5 will be left behind. Then one by one they will unfreeze and stick.

20190417 Test VV is basically unusable, especially when running macros. I run a macro and MQ2 brings my entire system to a halt. Also getting lots of kernelbase and mss32 crashes. Additionally, many plugins are running at half functionality (see /travelto, for example).

Not only is this resolved, but a previous issue where when you let your computer go to sleep the screen that was visible would be locked until you clicked onto another characters screen has also been resolved. I noticed they updated the dx9 dll. Perhaps they had something wrong there.

Problem - MQ2 consuming unusual amounts of CPU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back