• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ2 consuming unusual amounts of CPU

RedCents
724¢
With the latest build I've seen MQ2 consuming, for it, an unusual amount of my CPU cycles (~25%) and EQ hanging for about 5 secs. It appears to be when calling the following code:

Sub KnifePlay
|Check to see if we are already discing
/if (${Window[CombatAbilityWnd].Child[CAW_CombatEffectLabel].Text.Find[Agile]}) /return
/if (${Window[CombatAbilityWnd].Child[CAW_CombatEffectLabel].Text.Find[Knife]}) /return
/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady["Knifeplay Discipline"]} || ${Me.CombatAbilityReady["Knifeplay Discipline Rk. II"]}) {
/disc Knifeplay Discipline
}
/return

RedCents
2,136¢
I'm experiencing a similar issue. I box many toons and fairly regularly they are locking up for 5-10 seconds and when they go macroquest2 CPU usage spikes to about 15%

RedCents
62¢
Seeing same thing. I box a large number of chars across 3 identical computers and I see random lockups of 3-5 seconds on all 3. Wasn’t an issue before yesterday.

Sic

curlyboi always win
RedCents
6,057¢
Seeing same thing. I box a large number of chars across 3 identical computers and I see random lockups of 3-5 seconds on all 3. Wasn’t an issue before yesterday.
for many turning logging /log off fixes an issue with the inline links in the new spell messages give that a whirl.

Dreamflux's seems to be something else, we've all thrown whacky ideas at him all morning on discord lol

RedCents
2,136¢
Same issue in the new build. Characters lock up. If you check task manager you see this:

mq2 cpu usage.png

Here is a screenshot of the version.
mq2 version.png

I've used another mq2 build and the issue does not exist there. You can actually watch as the CPU % drops for MQ2 characters will begin to respond again. I test this by having all my guys stick from about 200 yards. 18 will run over and 5 will be left behind. Then one by one they will unfreeze and stick.

G

gSe7eN

20190417 Test VV is basically unusable, especially when running macros. I run a macro and MQ2 brings my entire system to a halt. Also getting lots of kernelbase and mss32 crashes. Additionally, many plugins are running at half functionality (see /travelto, for example).

RedCents
2,136¢
Not only is this resolved, but a previous issue where when you let your computer go to sleep the screen that was visible would be locked until you clicked onto another characters screen has also been resolved. I noticed they updated the dx9 dll. Perhaps they had something wrong there.