• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - MQ2 Chat/messages in EQ Main Chat window (1 Viewer)

RedCents
333¢
Can anyone please tell me how to remove MQ2 Messages from my EQ Main Chat window?

It was only appearing in the MQ2 "GroupEnduranceCheck" window (one that appeared when I started using MQ2, but only today has also started to show and spam my Main Chat window (whick I would prefer only had EQ messages.)

Thx in advance, Sin.

Solution
if you want the mq2 chat wnd you need to load and use mq2chatwnd

/plugin mq2chatwnd load

and unload mq2chat if you don't want mq2 chat to go into the regular eq window

/plugin mq2chat unload
I am having a bit of a oh shit moment but i want to check here with admins I normally just run CWHN plugins and all my events only post to the mq2 interface window. I started a bard and ran mgmecrs right after my MQ2 messages were posing in my main chat window i dont know if anyone else can see them but i /q and logged. i went back and deleted the rgmercs folder restarted and logged back in and i am still seeing MQ text in the main chat window now . I have never had any MQ2 related text go to that window before.

Can someone let me know if this is only seen on my side not?

necro.jpg

I am having a bit of a oh shit moment but i want to check here with admins I normally just run CWHN plugins and all my events only post to the mq2 interface window. I started a bard and ran mgmecrs right after my MQ2 messages were posing in my main chat window i dont know if anyone else can see them but i /q and logged. i went back and deleted the rgmercs folder restarted and logged back in and i am still seeing MQ text in the main chat window now . I have never had any MQ2 related text go to that window before.

Can someone let me know if this is only seen on my side not?

View attachment 52263
this means you have mq2chat loaded
/plugin mq2chat unload

Not sure why but all of a sudden everything mq2 related is going into my chat window. Not sure if there is a easy fix. Seems like it's since the last patch. Not the end of the world but annoying and never seen it there before.
Next is for some reason now eskay has its own window in my toolbar. Again just annoying. You can't just click between tools you have to select the right window. It is not this way with mq2 shaman.
Thanks and have a great day!
Seems if the eskay bar touches the eq bar in windowed mode it turns into its own window in the tool bar! once again it was just me. doing something wrong lol.
just updating
thx

Last edited:
Thank you Knightly!
any idea why i have 2 windows for my sk when the game is open. one shows my toon one shows eskay.
Seems if the eskay bar touches the eq bar in windowed mode it turns into its own window in the tool bar! once again it was just me. doing something wrong lol.
just updating
thx

Last edited:
Anyone else getting MQ text in the main chat window? Didnt notice it this morning, only when I logged in this afternoon. All the normal MQ info loaded up in the main chat window. Its actually showing up in both windows (MQ and main chat)

Question - MQ2 Chat/messages in EQ Main Chat window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back