• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ Not loading (or at least not displaying) when characters are loaded with isBoxer (Lazarus) (1 Viewer)

Weebles

RedCents
112¢
Apologies if this has been answered, I tried to search and could not find anything.

When I do a standalone load I am able to see my MQ window and plugins and everything looks normal.

When I load my character(s) with IsBoxer it as if MQ is not installed. There is no window, and the commands do not work.

This is a fresh install of both the Project Lazarus RoF client and Very Vanilla. The only thing I've done is configure my mq2AutoLogin config. I also used ixboxer to load up a random toon on live, and that one was also unable to utilize MQ or see the MQ window. So the issue does not seem to be specific to eqEmu, but rather an issue between isBoxer and MQ.

Any assistance is appreciated, and please let me know what information you need to assist.

Last edited:
Figured it out. Have to run both Inner Space and MQ as administrator.

Leaving this response here in case anyone else has the same problem.

GL all.
You don't anymore tho.

Make sure your isb is updated. It no longer requires admin, which means mq isn't required admins with isboxer any more either.

Yeah I dunno :/

It was fresh installs of isBoxer, Inner Space, Very Vanilla (MQ next), and the lazarus client. Literally everything. Once I set them to run as admin, it worked.

Possibly a wonky windows setting I have? Not sure.

Yeah I dunno :/

It was fresh installs of isBoxer, Inner Space, Very Vanilla (MQ next), and the lazarus client. Literally everything. Once I set them to run as admin, it worked.

Possibly a wonky windows setting I have? Not sure.
It could also be an issue if running Windows OS, that you are trying to do these things from a "user" account instead of an "admin" account, you can have permission problems. Also turn off UAC as well if running Win 7 or higher for your admin account.

For comparison sake, I run Win 11, and don't need to specifically need to set the permissions to run the progs and they work fine. Same with a Win 7 machine. Both Admin accounts.

Problem - MQ Not loading (or at least not displaying) when characters are loaded with isBoxer (Lazarus)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back