• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Mq chat in game window (1 Viewer)

Fueil

RedCents
909¢
I had an issue the other day where my mq window went down. I've been doing the /mqchat reset each day as I'm sure all of us have for the time being. However, my chat window closed, which I'm not sure how it happened. Anyhow, I did the command and nothing, I restarted mq, did the command boom it was back.

However, now I'm getting a bunch of mq spam in my main mq window? I'm not sure if this is a plugin? All I know is the chat window is flooded with spam. Can anyone please tell me a way to get that spam back in the mq specific window instead of my main eq chat? I've never had this happen, so it's just a weird situation all over for me.

Thanks all!

I had an issue the other day where my mq window went down. I've been doing the /mqchat reset each day as I'm sure all of us have for the time being. However, my chat window closed, which I'm not sure how it happened. Anyhow, I did the command and nothing, I restarted mq, did the command boom it was back.

However, now I'm getting a bunch of mq spam in my main mq window? I'm not sure if this is a plugin? All I know is the chat window is flooded with spam. Can anyone please tell me a way to get that spam back in the mq specific window instead of my main eq chat? I've never had this happen, so it's just a weird situation all over for me.

Thanks all!
the mqchat reset thing you can unload mq2chatwnd and then delete the mq2chatwnd.ini from your release folder - then reload mq2chatwnd - this will "recreate" the ini and it should start saving.

as far as the spam goes - what does the spam say? can you screensnip it for us? (shift+windowsKey+S, then drag to highlight area, then control-V to paste in a response here)

Hey Guys, just got home, I will try both options here shortly. Appreciate the advice.

@Sic, the spam is like everything the characters are doing in Kiss. Like "casting this" or ect. Before the only spam I had in my MQ window was heals/Mezzes, and that was it. Never was it in my EQ window.

Hey Guys, just got home, I will try both options here shortly. Appreciate the advice.

@Sic, the spam is like everything the characters are doing in Kiss. Like "casting this" or ect. Before the only spam I had in my MQ window was heals/Mezzes, and that was it. Never was it in my EQ window.
the mqchat reset thing you can unload mq2chatwnd and then delete the mq2chatwnd.ini from your release folder - then reload mq2chatwnd - this will "recreate" the ini and it should start saving.

as far as the spam goes - what does the spam say? can you screensnip it for us? (shift+windowsKey+S, then drag to highlight area, then control-V to paste in a response here)
1578956886733.png

That's from when I first load into the game.

I tried both options, and the MQ window didn't save at all. I did the delete ect.

Odd thing is, when I run my other PC, I don't have either of these issues. So, i'm not sure what's going on. I checked my plugins, and they're the same.

View attachment 19282

That's from when I first load into the game.

I tried both options, and the MQ window didn't save at all. I did the delete ect.

Odd thing is, when I run my other PC, I don't have either of these issues. So, i'm not sure what's going on. I checked my plugins, and they're the same.

Hey Sic,

Yeah, its suppose to be in the MQ window, but why is it in the EQ chat window? That's what has me confused. And the MQ window not saving I know that was a patch thing that we're waiting on, I tried your information, it didn't work for me.

Hey Sic,

Yeah, its suppose to be in the MQ window, but why is it in the EQ chat window? That's what has me confused. And the MQ window not saving I know that was a patch thing that we're waiting on, I tried your information, it didn't work for me.
did you do @Kellon suggestion? mq2chat makes your mq2 chat go to your regular window so if you /plugin mq2chat unload it should stop

@ Sic, it looks like the chat in the regular EQ window has stopped now. I unloaded the plugin like @Kellon suggested, but I had to go through each character and do it. Then camp them out.

@sl968, I did that, which is what Sic recommended, I will play around with it again tomorrow to figure out what's going on. Just so odd that on one PC its fine, but my main PC its not.

I appreciate ya'lls help, the chat thing ALONE was annoying going through my main eq window.

Request - Mq chat in game window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back