• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - moving to FV any tips? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,364¢
Decided to start all over again (I believe I'll be much more successful starting with a fresh group) instead of just adding in toons randomly 1 at a time in my late 100's.

Went ahead and moved to all CWTN plugins (ench, bst, shm, sk, mage, & necro).

Curious if anyone has any insight on FV and if they find the ruleset more enjoyable?

What rule set? LMAO. Its a free for all over there, I love it.

I was afraid of the PVP rule and some smart aleck coming up and smacking me to level 1 all the time like bullys on the playgrounds, but have not seen that at all. Recently started a character there and its quite something to see all that raid armor in the baz. Would never have a chance to get that stuff let alone actually see it on my old server.

Everyone is super helpful.

The only down side is the economy. Because you can buy most everything there you need to have a lot of plat. Not always easy to get if you don't farm the good stuff or if you don't have rl cash to buy Krono to resell.

I have only seen 2 players in chat call out someone for using alternative means of playing and most of the others in chat pretty much went down on those two and ran them out of chat. Oh, yeah general chat can be iffy to get into. One time I saw over 599 players in it but otherwise just use newplayerschat. That is where other chat happens when general chat is full.

The economy is crazy but it's understandable. Bringing a full group from scratch would be interesting. I'm just now getting established but my guys were mostly free heroics from years ago. Have fun and enjoy the ride!

What rule set? LMAO. Its a free for all over there, I love it.

I was afraid of the PVP rule and some smart aleck coming up and smacking me to level 1 all the time like bullys on the playgrounds, but have not seen that at all. Recently started a character there and its quite something to see all that raid armor in the baz. Would never have a chance to get that stuff let alone actually see it on my old server.

Everyone is super helpful.

The only down side is the economy. Because you can buy most everything there you need to have a lot of plat. Not always easy to get if you don't farm the good stuff or if you don't have rl cash to buy Krono to resell.

I have only seen 2 players in chat call out someone for using alternative means of playing and most of the others in chat pretty much went down on those two and ran them out of chat. Oh, yeah general chat can be iffy to get into. One time I saw over 599 players in it but otherwise just use newplayerschat. That is where other chat happens when general chat is full.
There are PvP Rules on FV?

One of my main groups moved to FV a few months back, and I absolutely love it so far. The economy/bazaar is crazy (in a good way imho). I started another tank just so I can pass my old AC and dex augs to him.

The community seem to be pretty cool so far; there's actual SK discussion/help occasionally in the SK channel, which I have never seen until playing on FV.

When I started playing EQ, the dude who suggested the game to me picked the "shard" as he called it, purely by the deity his Paladin worshipped. So I began EQ on Mithaniel Marr where his toon was.

Unless something drastic changes on FV, I wish now that I had played there from the beginning.

Decided to start all over again (I believe I'll be much more successful starting with a fresh group) instead of just adding in toons randomly 1 at a time in my late 100's.

Curious if anyone has any insight on FV and if they find the ruleset more enjoyable?
I think you're going to love the ruleset. I do. I made the switch earlier this year after starting EQ with Kunark and playing on and off on regular ruleset servers. I'm spoiled I could never go back.

I also think you made a great choice in going all Plugins. If I can help with your transition in any way please don't hesitate to reach out. However I can help I am glad to.

I think you're going to love the ruleset. I do. I made the switch earlier this year after starting EQ with Kunark and playing on and off on regular ruleset servers. I'm spoiled I could never go back.

I also think you made a great choice in going all Plugins. If I can help with your transition in any way please don't hesitate to reach out. However I can help I am glad to.
Always looking for a friend :) so if you wanna chat in game sometime let me know!

Bumping my own thread *super lame, i know*

I made a dingus move and skipped the tutorial to gear my squad out and am now in the 20's (pretty naked on most chars).

Any suggestions on where one might go to fix this little mistake?

Bumping my own thread *super lame, i know*

I made a dingus move and skipped the tutorial to gear my squad out and am now in the 20's (pretty naked on most chars).

Any suggestions on where one might go to fix this little mistake?
Unless you want to kill them over and over to de level to about level 10 depending on occurrence, then there is no way back to the tutorial.

But you didn't miss much and already have better stuff.

Was there something in particular you wanted to do or get? Might be able to direct you something similar

Unless you want to kill them over and over to de level to about level 10 depending on occurrence, then there is no way back to the tutorial.

But you didn't miss much and already have better stuff.

Was there something in particular you wanted to do or get? Might be able to direct you something similar
Just wanted the full sets of early defiant gear (mana problems for the group atm) all casters... :/

At level 20 you can do the Hot Zone quests from Teek outside the lobby in POK. Those will reward you a choice of haste belt, back or shoulders for your class, all defiant. You can redo them each day till you get all 3 and then sell the rest you don't need. And keep doing them every 5 levels or so for new gear. As you get up in levels remember to ask for more than one level quest if you can since you will get locked out until the next day if you only take one. So at level 37 you can get the level 30, 35 and maybe 40 all at once.

Also check out the Hero's Journey as it has quests of all levels that award armor etc. that is equivalent to defiant

I have heard the sporali farm in Blightfire Moors is good for defiant from 5-20 cause they pop a bunch of green babies. But might be a little tough right now.

At level 20 you can do the Hot Zone quests from Teek outside the lobby in POK. Those will reward you a choice of haste belt, back or shoulders for your class, all defiant. You can redo them each day till you get all 3 and then sell the rest you don't need. And keep doing them every 5 levels or so for new gear. As you get up in levels remember to ask for more than one level quest if you can since you will get locked out until the next day if you only take one. So at level 37 you can get the level 30, 35 and maybe 40 all at once.

Also check out the Hero's Journey as it has quests of all levels that award armor etc. that is equivalent to defiant

I have heard the sporali farm in Blightfire Moors is good for defiant from 5-20 cause they pop a bunch of green babies. But might be a little tough right now.
ahhh teek! i forgot about that dude. thank you for reminding me. (it's been awhile since i had to interact with him lol)

Just wanted the full sets of early defiant gear (mana problems for the group atm) all casters... :/
If you need gear let me know what you need. We take good care of each other on FV You may get sticker shock at first but once you get involved in the economy you will be shocked how fast the millions come in. I'll send you a PL with my toon names to chat.

FV is awesome even for new (returning) players like me , very friendly people but bazaar prices are through the roof even the simple things like bags or early gear.

Hot zones show some people but most of the time mobs everywhere.

if you have plat to spend buy kronos on your old server. certainly cheaper than the 9-11 mil they cost on FV
This is a good point. I would also like to point out, that if you are starting from scratch, specifically on FV, and you are running full groups or multiple characters, I would hold off on spending much plat on your characters for equipment simply because everything is expensive, and you will gain lots of equipment as you level up. If you are only running 1 or 2 characters, look into the guides section, there is a good thread on gearing up new toons that is definitely worth the read.

about to hit 62 on my new box team, it's been a lot of fun so far.
though, i must say low level shaman has not been the most reliable character out of the 6
when leveling up do any of you block spells on your tank like Torpor? just trying to make my shaman a bit better... haha.

shamans get better the higher you go. around 100 or 105 when they get squall and have a few reckless heals they really take off. I've swapped my cleric and shaman in my main group a few times and the shaman has never had an issue with healing.

Now my newest group around level 70... Pal, Sham, Bard, Zerk, Rog, Bst ... this shaman struggles but luckily the paladin can pick up some slack on the healing.

FV is awesome. For boxers, it's the only way to go IMO.
Is it though? Test gives you free GOLD membership status for all accounts. I mean 50-60$ worth of membership per month for a 6-box team isn't exactly cheap either for everyone, unless it is one's only hobby they partake in at all these days.

Is it though? Test gives you free GOLD membership status for all accounts. I mean 50-60$ worth of membership per month for a 6-box team isn't exactly cheap either for everyone, unless it is one's only hobby they partake in at all these days.
while the *free* gold status would be nice (54 accounts, dont i know it), test is borked from changes so much, and I only play with MQ.. so its like half time play..

while the *free* gold status would be nice (54 accounts, dont i know it), test is borked from changes so much, and I only play with MQ.. so its like half time play..
It's actually only partial free gold too. The 2 newest expansions are not included, unless you have purchased them. so the gold status (all access) is correct, but the free is not necessarily free.

It is though. Too many issues with Test server. Plus, the use of the latest MQ and CWTN plugins is far worth the krono--which can easily be farmed with a box crew on FV.

In the end it's more reasonable to say that it's all relative to one's end goal and needs. Though one problem comes with farming Krono in my opinion, and it's that people that farm it keep driving up its global price when reselling. I know it varies between regular Live servers, but globally as far as I know, the price is pretty much through the roof. Back then around 2015, it was around 1 million plats, and now a couple years ago it has risen between 2 to 2.5 millions. Today it might be more expensive or be the same, but it is regardless ridiculously expensive per character. Now I have no idea how easy or tedious it is to farm millions of plats today in late-game, in order to sub this many characters, so correct me if needed be and tell me of your experience. I'm just legit wondering if it isn't theorically becoming a chore and therefore a downside to playing on FV because of that.

But hey this is just a theorical question, I personally like test because I like to play casually and dabble in older expansions, so I don't really have experience with it so whatever I say here is irrelevant anyway. It's just a thought I had.

Last edited:
It's actually only partial free gold too. The 2 newest expansions are not included, unless you have purchased them. so the gold status (all access) is correct, but the free is not necessarily free.
it isn't partial free gold - all access is just all access to the various things that are unlocked being all access

all access has nothing to do with having current expansions or not

• Access to 1000's of Alternate Advancement Abilities
  • Additional 6 character slots ($60 Value)
  • Full Access to all spell ranks
  • Maximum amount of Loyalty Rewards
  • Full access to Mercenary Tiers
  • Full access to in-game broker
  • All housing and guilds halls allowed
  • Access to Progression Servers
  • Unlimited Chat channel access
  • Full Guild Functionality
  • Increased cap of active Overseer Quests
  • Access to EQ Perks: Merchant’s Perk, Challenger’s Perk, and Adventurer’s Perk**

you don't get free expansions on live servers if you are all access

Enjoy seeing how many people are from FV.. Does FV have any open raiding or late raiding? Living on the west coast sucks for EQ raiding. Looking for 8pm PST

In the end it's more reasonable to say that it's all relative to one's end goal and needs. Though one problem comes with farming Krono in my opinion, and it's that people that farm it keep driving up its global price when reselling. I know it varies between regular Live servers, but globally as far as I know, the price is pretty much through the roof. Back then around 2015, it was around 1 million plats, and now a couple years ago it has risen between 2 to 2.5 millions. Today it might be more expensive or be the same, but it is regardless ridiculously expensive per character. Now I have no idea how easy or tedious it is to farm millions of plats today in late-game, in order to sub this many characters, so correct me if needed be and tell me of your experience. I'm just legit wondering if it isn't theorically becoming a chore and therefore a downside to playing on FV because of that.

But hey this is just a theorical question, I personally like test because I like to play casually and dabble in older expansions, so I don't really have experience with it so whatever I say here is irrelevant anyway. It's just a thought I had.
KR is a KR is a KR.. how much plat they require is pointless (its pixels)... 1kr = $9-10 USD... been that way forever... if it takes you 1 hour to get 1k plat (TLP price), or 1 hour to get 10m plat (FV price)... the game prices change, the RL prices dont (i am showing resale value, but DBG's hasnt increased price either, just discount the more you buy).

What is 1kr worth? $9.50 USD/1 month of gameplay... how many pixels you get for it is up to you.

Question - moving to FV any tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back