• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - moving to firiona (1 Viewer)

meeskino

RedCents
71¢
hey guys,

now that transfer there is free I thought maybe I should move my 3boxes there. I dont really have any friends on current server, because I play wrong timezone and I rarely see any people online who I have grouped previously. Because of my completely random playtime, I'm usualy stuck with my 3 boxes.

Now Firiona offers selling all no-drops stuffs. That would make me a lot of plat and would give me opportunity to buy raid loots. I have tons of no-drop augs/gear rotting in bank.

any cons? I can't think of any. I'm sure not going to raid in EQ or have a normal playtime in future.

what you guys think?

FV has some serious in game chat issues if you trying to issues commands to toons through tells with macros. I have never played on FV but I know that Iksars can't talk Barbarians. Anyone that uses shambot on FV has to to use eqbc because the /tell commands are never recognized because of the language thing. Other than that has never heard of any problems.

couldn't you simply just spam in group chat the same language until all your boxes have mastered it?

Not sure how well known this is and if it should be posted separately or not but..

At least nowadays - you do not need to have someone with a higher skill than you spam languages - in fact you can buy the 1st point of a language and spam yourself with it and it will go up. You just need 1 other character grouped with you because it must be in groupchat.

If its simply because the /tell is coming through jumbled, that will fix the problem on FV.

Win.

Using in-game chat channels for bot command is a bad idea. You're injecting your MQ2 activity straight into the SOE server logs. Look at MQ2EQBCS or MQ2IRC for much better options that don't go through the EQ server.

Discussion - moving to firiona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back