• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Moving an entire guild hall (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,516¢
Anyone know a guide for picking up and moving an entire guildhall with minimal upset? We're moving to another dedicated town and upgrading the guildhall to palatial caused enough problems. I haven't been able to find anything yet for something outside of EQ2.

Well, I know 2 things.

#1 The guild leader is the only one who can pick it up and put it in inventory since that last patch

#2 If you still own the guild plot in your old hood then you might not be able place it on the new plot until you sell the old one. I forget exactly how it worked but I just helped a player who wanted to place a guild hall on a plot but could not. He later found an old guild hall on another plot, it was wierd

shift-i -> layouts tab -> create new entry (save it yard+house)
pack up guildhall
then you should be able to place the crate and just restore layout though that same tab

Can't speak to the exacts but this sounds right, my guild hall expired and was gone but I was able to get a hold of it all and it was in a crate and then I restored it using an autosaved layout into a different neighborhood, I picked the same size hall, worked easy enough.

Also, may not be relevant here but some guild hall stuff is restricted to all access players which isn't well documented. Spent ages looking for the parcel delivery npc for your guild hall till I realised it only shows on the vendor to all access accounts.

Last edited:
Well, I know 2 things.

#1 The guild leader is the only one who can pick it up and put it in inventory since that last patch

#2 If you still own the guild plot in your old hood then you might not be able place it on the new plot until you sell the old one. I forget exactly how it worked but I just helped a player who wanted to place a guild hall on a plot but could not. He later found an old guild hall on another plot, it was wierd
Well, I want to make sure as few things as possible get sent back in eviction crates. There's very poor directions on how to move a guild hall around

Because EQ is the red headed step child and neighborhoods and guild plots were not thought out properly when put in the game. EQ II got it implemented better.

A guild can own more than one neighborhood but can only own 1 special guild hall.

And what are the other 3 guild hall plots in the neighborhood for if not for a guild to have more than one hall.

And I can only own 3 plots but I can own as many houses as I want. I guess it works out ok to buy the plots with alts and the houses with who ever has the loyalty tokens.

And what are the other 3 guild hall plots in the neighborhood for if not for a guild to have more than one hall.
If your guild does not have it's own private neighborhood, you can be placed into a neighborhood that has multiple small guilds in it. At that point, it is possible to have more than 1 guild hall in a neighborhood because they're owned by different guilds.

If your guild does not have it's own private neighborhood, you can be placed into a neighborhood that has multiple small guilds in it. At that point, it is possible to have more than 1 guild hall in a neighborhood because they're owned by different guilds.

Yes and that is why they made the open neighborhoods. If we have 4 plots in a guild neighborhood then we should be able to use them all. Maybe with a second guild hall etc.

Yeah I think that is normal for everyone to individually get a crate of their items when the guild hall is packed but they should be able to restore the layout in the same way and the items go back where they were

in the past i've picked up entire guild halls with everything inside, and re=placed elsewehre without a single thing moving. However, that doestn work with yards so you must stil lsave, and im not 100% sure if the closet stuff was included in that move or not. Kinda pissed off my old guild many years ago by doing exactly that. I bought the neighbohood and hall with my cash, the leader became a royal douche (ok, he always was but whatever) when i left guild, i took the hall with me. That is likely why, now that its like 10 years later lol, the hall can now only be moved by the leader, however...i think it's stupid because the person that paid for it should own it. the neighborhoods are already surrendered automatically. If someone wants to buy their guild a neighborhood and hall and they WANT the leader to own it, they can give the hall package to them. they are tradeable(afaik only when they come with a neighborhood)

Anyway, i have numerous other alt halls that i've picked up and shuffled around, with contents intact, before this patch that changed things, but the contents did continue to act as they did a decade ago, and stay put regardless of owner and tradestatus. Cant guarantee it hasnt changed with the ownership, but I doubt it. that may be your best bet. save the full layout, then pick up the entire hall and put in inventory, if others can pack up the rest of the contents (idk how that now works) have someoen do that so the new plot can be purchased since i dont think yo ucan have a crate and a hall that are not empty in yoru posession together but i could be wrong. This all depends how important the yard is. many dont have nearly the effort or stuff there as inside. once the hall is placed on the new plot, can continue the unpack process etc

Question - Moving an entire guild hall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back