• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Monk always wanting to get behind target...and falling into water/lave etc MQ2 Melee (1 Viewer)

Krysea

RedCents
240¢
Hi there...wondering if there is any way to turn off where the melee gets behind the target? My husband is using monk as main (so not using KA) but monk wants to always get behind the target and he keeps falling into lava / water etc. Is there a way to turn this off? It is getting very frustrating. Thank you so much for your help and Happy Holidays!!!

Solution
Mq2Melee uses Mq2MoveUtils for managing how you move around a target.

I'm far from knowledged here but you can use the /stickcmd to specify how a toon orients to its target; behind? Left? Right? 20' away?

"behind" is the default'
"snaproll left" will orient on the left side of the mob
"front"
Mq2Melee uses Mq2MoveUtils for managing how you move around a target.

I'm far from knowledged here but you can use the /stickcmd to specify how a toon orients to its target; behind? Left? Right? 20' away?

"behind" is the default'
"snaproll left" will orient on the left side of the mob
"front"

Solution
Change your stick setting in the ini file under the [mq2melee] section to be something that doesn't specify a rear arc. Alternatively, don't fight so close to water and lava that falling in is a possibility. Melee are best when fighting from behind because they avoid mob riposte

Question - Monk always wanting to get behind target...and falling into water/lave etc MQ2 Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back