• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Monitors (1 Viewer)

keith

RedCents
34¢
Hi everyone I am fixing to get back into EQ and I need to buy some new monitors. I am gonna buy two. For boxing would you recommend 27's or 32's and are the curved screens worth getting or stay with flat? Any certain name brand or specs I need to look out for like what refresh rate? I been eyeballing many on amazon just gotta pull the trigger and order them. I have 2 Spectres 32's in my cart I am prolly gonna buy. Price is good I just hope they aren't cheap and no good.

Viewsonic all day. I personally use 27" curved screens at 144Hz refresh. But I have a specific set up that required curved monitors to some extent to be functional at the level I wanted. Worked out great for me.

IMG_6207.JPG

After having curved monitors, I don't think I could ever go back to flat. I'm using 27's now, but would like to go a bit bigger my next refresh. Using sceptre and don't have any issue with them.

After having curved monitors, I don't think I could ever go back to flat. I'm using 27's now, but would like to go a bit bigger my next refresh. Using sceptre and don't have any issue with them.
I second Sceptre. Was a loyal customer of theirs for many many years. Never had a problem with their products.

I just purchased a 32" AoC curved monitor Friday and will likely take it back and swap it for a normal flat panel.

Why?

1 - For gaming in first person it ok, but I find curve annoying when doing non gaming tasks like coding. The R1000 curve is aggressive and my setup doesn't put me in the "sweet" spot so normal "straight" lines are all get a trapezoidal curve that I find annoying.

2 - I have a window behind me that produces a horrible reflection during the day. Because the monitor is curved I can not find a spot where I don't get the reflection.

3 - When I was picking a monitor I wanted something with decent built in speakers. The model I picked has 2x6w speakers which got great reviews. They are overly loud and "tinny" sounding. In part because I'm in an open room and the sound travels about 8' to the nearest wall before reflecting back.

Last edited:
I just purchased a 32" AoC curved monitor Friday and will likely take it back and swap it for a normal flat panel.

Why?

1 - For gaming in first person it ok, but I find curve annoying when doing non gaming tasks like coding. The R1000 curve is aggressive and my setup doesn't put me in the "sweet" spot so normal "straight" lines are all get a trapezoidal curve that I find annoying.

2 - I have a window behind me that produces a horrible reflection during the day. Because the monitor is curved I can not find a spot where I don't get the reflection.

3 - When I was picking a monitor I wanted something with decent built in speakers. The model I picked has 2x6w speakers which got great reviews. They are overly loud and "tinny" sounding. In part because I'm in an open room and the sound travels about 8' to the nearest wall before reflecting back.
well thats not the brands fautl, the best monitors i had, have been aoc or benq by far.

Viewsonic all day. I personally use 27" curved screens at 144Hz refresh. But I have a specific set up that required curved monitors to some extent to be functional at the level I wanted. Worked out great for me.

View attachment 51241
I'm more interested in the link to the chair. I'm sure my wife will understand why I need one since I am at a computer ~16/day

Post up in this thread with your setups

so, there's really two ways to go
Option 1: multiple monitors if you do that I would go with three not two. Some gems allow you to spread your view between all three.
This allows you also to connect other computers to them if you need too
I would not get anything smaller than 27

Option 2: One large curved monitor.
Can handle higher refresh rates and when operating at high resolution the icons are not super tiny,

Currently I use option 2 but my eyesight isn't what it used to be so it works for me.

Honestly, I went the cheap route and got Amazon product ASIN B06XZKTR88 They are cheap, and they work. I was on a budget when I built my new PC cause I went from laptop to PC and it was the best thing ever however, I wanted cheaper screens for time being, and for $300 for both of them i can't complain and they work really well.

keith

I have had Samsung, Acer, Viewsonic and AOC (and NEC way back when we had tube type monitors) monitors. I haven't had to throw any of them out yet. I give the old ones to other people in my family, and buy new ones to have the new technology. As I have gotten older and my eyesight has worsened, I now buy monitors with clarity as my #1 priority. And I agree with Cybris above, 3 monitors let me have the flexibility in my layout. Currently I run 2 23" Acer monitors and a brand new ViewSonic ELITE XG270QC 27 Inch Curved 1440p 1ms 165Hz Gaming Monitor . I had to make the call for 27" instead of 32" because of limitations to the size of my desk. (So guess what I am looking at upgrading next lol). Very happy with the setup and only have to move my head a little to see each side of the screen. I also use ISBoxer to put 5 more mini screens on my right hand monitor and my main on the big 27" in the middle. I do it like this because of my eyesight (getting old sucks) and sit rather close to the monitors. And yes, I have a pair of bi focals for just this reason. But the whole tilting your head up and down to adjust thing just drives me crazy and hurts my neck after hours and hours behind the computer. Anyways that my layout.

And Doc? Very nice layout indeed, looks comfy.

Vrak

Question - Monitors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back