• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MMOPlugins.com spam (1 Viewer)

kronfu

RedCents
This weekend in EQ on the Combine Server, we had a constant spam of MMOpluings.com. Offering auto-leveling macros, Cheats, hacks, and flagging. Now that the mainstream of EQ is even more aware of MQ2 and its exploits, how long do you think till SOE really cracks down?

I don't think they've ever stopped cracking down, they just focus their attention on the hard core active hackers, such as GK/ND/MB/all the other stuff that is game breaking.

Sony has known about Macroquest for a very long time. They have made attempts at slowing down certain things but mainly it's like Jmo said, they are just worried about the rather game breaking stuff not caring about the guy that macros a group in ___ zone 24 hours a day. They don't want to make it all that easy for people to macro group stuff (Hi OldSchool Monster Missions) or make stuff that only requires you showing up in X locations (Hi warp 2 xyz, giev exp plzkthx!) but I doubt they will ever truly kill MacroQuest.

Back when they were doing the proximity spawn list changes (Incomplete map unless you are within 600meters of an entity it doesn't show up) that would have pissed off 90% of all MQ2 users as most users don't ever really get into the nitty gritty of MacroQuest but use it for the map and any macro they use is an uncustomized one directly off some forum.

I'm actually surprised to hear how few users actually write their own macros.

The only way for them to truly break MQ would be to have a much more advanced anti cheat system to detect if the client is being tweaked with by anyone other than EQ. With the 10+ years of EQ, I seriously doubt they have any intentions of working so hard on such an anti cheat system - which would most likely not take us as long to get around as it would for them to make. So I really wouldn't worry about EQ breaking MQ2, they're not worried about anything other than cheats that ruin the economy. With that said, yah.. I know I pretty much just repeated what everyone else said. ;)

SOE cares more about how the population at large perceives the abilities and usage of MacroQuest more than the reality. They care how it affects subscription numbers and petitions. Individual employees may care more or less, but the real action is going to happen when they think MQ is fucking with their bottom line.

-The Latest spam from MMOplugins.com-

Last night 8-27-08 they were spamming that they were going to release GK/ND on oct. 21st just in time for the new expansion.

Just a heads up if they are spamming it in gen chat the devs are trying to find out how to stop/detect it.

I know Codecompiler and his developers, they do not have ND and that is a guarantee. He has asked me multiple times how it's done, he thinks I have a GM account which is how I come up with all these cheats, etc. He does NOT have ND, that's a promise. This is nothing more than a scam to take people money, please don't waste your money and just take my word for it. I came out with a few plugins that have never existed before (such as cDropRate) and his website came out with them shortly after - all his developers are smart enough to do is sniff out other peoples packet hacks and then remake them. They're not even smart enough to make their own sniffer that spits out data structures, all they can see is opcodes and they guess on structures.

MMOPlugins.com spam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back