• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Minimum Trader Level? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,350¢
I remember years and years ago, there was something where if you had characters under level 10 (I think) over a certain period of time, they would be auto purged from the servers. Is this still the case? I tried finding information on it but came up dry.

I wanted to make a couple more traders, but don't want to spend the time leveling them. I just want to create them, dump my items on them and set them up. Any info on if this is safe being they would be lvl 1 would be appreciated!

There was a purge many years ago and they deleted all the mule toons under lvl 10.

They have never done it again..but that doesnt mean they wont do it again in the future. They did give plenty of notice but it would be a pain if they did it again and you were on a break.

I remember years and years ago, there was something where if you had characters under level 10 (I think) over a certain period of time, they would be auto purged from the servers. Is this still the case? I tried finding information on it but came up dry.

I wanted to make a couple more traders, but don't want to spend the time leveling them. I just want to create them, dump my items on them and set them up. Any info on if this is safe being they would be lvl 1 would be appreciated!
When I returned about a year ago after being away for a decade (?), a lot of server merges had occurred.
On the server where my primary account was, were now (well a year ago) about 10 accounts, including 2 level 1 traders who held the majority of my inventory, tradeskill items and about 500k plat.

I cannot remember if I had more that had been purged, but even accounts transferred from server merges had money in the shared plat spot.
So, I can't tell you if they had purged low level accounts (there may be some I'm missing), but they did go out of their way to save low level characters, even to the point where I ended up oversubscribed on the number of character slots.

Yeah I think the first character I ever made way back around 2000 went poof, played him for weeks but think I only got to level 8 :sweat: Good Times, he was named Egelloc which is College spelled backward. Funny the things you remember, next character was on FV which I played on through for years, I wasn't the type to roll alts.

As someone said above, they did a purge long ago but haven't repeated it since.

I was around when they did that under level 10 purge and memories die hard. Had to level up a couple characters the hard way to get them above 10.

Since then I take every trader I make or even non trader characters and do the Icefall/Hemfar turn in which gets them to level 12/13. Then, they go on to be a trader.

myth , ive had a lvl 1 trader 2 years

May 22, 2010​

Inactive Characters
Accounts with characters below level 10 that have been inactive for six months or more will be purged from the EQ system

Apparently we all have memories like elephants - that was like 13 years ago. This was for the huge server merger they did in June 2010. Not the little one in 2005. Has not been done since but like stated above they can do it again if they wanted to.

Last edited:
Hey Doc !
back then I leveled up my one trader to level 10 I think not to lose him, still have him and now I have new ones and don;t use that guy..ha. But to get to what you are talking about, you can do a few easy things if you (or anyone) wants to get some xp.
The FP wine quest gives super easy xp for low levels for a little coin. Use: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/level10-mac-get-a-char-to-level-10-with-red-wine.307/

Newtoon.mac gets you some xp and stuffs (bag and haste item): https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/newtoon-mac-setup-to-get-ready-to-level.269/

the easiest way I think without going to newbie fields and killing, is to go to have a wizard port the level 1 to Icefall Glacier. Invis and walk to the wolves area and pick up Shattered Krithgor Keystone (you can pick it up and not lose invis, its marked on maps) , then port to Crescent Reach to Librarian Hemfar, hand it in, Boom you are level 12. Port to PoK and head off for your new career in the Bazaar.

Hey Doc !
back then I leveled up my one trader to level 10 I think not to lose him, still have him and now I have new ones and don;t use that guy..ha. But to get to what you are talking about, you can do a few easy things if you (or anyone) wants to get some xp.
The FP wine quest gives super easy xp for low levels for a little coin. Use: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/level10-mac-get-a-char-to-level-10-with-red-wine.307/

Newtoon.mac gets you some xp and stuffs (bag and haste item): https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/newtoon-mac-setup-to-get-ready-to-level.269/

the easiest way I think without going to newbie fields and killing, is to go to have a wizard port the level 1 to Icefall Glacier. Invis and walk to the wolves area and pick up Shattered Krithgor Keystone (you can pick it up and not lose invis, its marked on maps) , then port to Crescent Reach to Librarian Hemfar, hand it in, Boom you are level 12. Port to PoK and head off for your new career in the Bazaar.
Thank you for the info! Good stuff right here for the instant lvl 12!

I wrote this up in another post but it is worth repeating here. The whole Shattered Krithgor Keystone thing doesn't work anymore. I just tried on a new group of toons and all they got to was level 3. Not the 10-12 that they got before. So it looks like it got nerfed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Vrak

I believe that was a Sony policy when servers were overflowing.

Server merges were started in April 2005 on the first huge merge, and that was the first wave of under level 10 deletions:

Immediately preceding the merger, all characters below level 10 that have not been logged in for over six months will be deleted from each of the merging servers and will not be available after the server merge.

Question - Minimum Trader Level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back