• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Mez Questions (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
Is there a way to have the enchanter mez from outside the group (he is XP capped)?
I tried it and died, so I don't think it was working, does it work based on Xtargets?
Is there an easy way to turn all buffs to MGB? like a toggle? or do I have to add MGB to all my buffs in my ini file?

Secondly, sometimes I get a message that my shaman broke mez, is there a way to tell which ability was doing this?
I assume it is some AOE ability, but I can not tell which, and I am not as familiar with that class.
For instance is there a way to add detail to the logging message saying "XXX broke mez with YYY ability"?

Ench: Yeah I think it's via xtargets, so it'll help if enchanter can get on their aggro list. Try adding an ench ini ...|99|MA heal to [Heals], which should always go off during combat. Enchanters specifically are added to heal section, so they can Rune heal. You could try the rune that adds aggro to tank, or a lowbie haste or such. If it's still not working, you could look into the plugins for out of group assist. I know eqmule has one for his KA mod.

|MGB tag has to be added to buffs. It will use tranquil blessings and only refresh when the caster themselves runs out of the buff. I'm not sure you can do a multi-tag like |MA|MGB or such.

Languid Bite, as mentioned, is a common shammy mez issue. If you're using AE slow or debuffall slow, then it also dots them. You can disable that in Class AA.

No way to get a report for KA on the mez break exact spell, but you could turn on mq2log and "/mlog on" then review the KA/mq2 log for the cast messages before the break.

@ctaylor22 it sounds like that is the only real option, but wont that introduce latency to mezzing the ads? Also wouldn't that make it more likely that my enchanter would get killed by a mob that does not have aggro? maybe the healer would have more aggro so I should not worry.

I was hoping that there was a way to either find anything that is in the camp area, or mez range, or query the MT's xtargets using dnet.
And then mez everything that is not the MT's target.

But I have no idea how complicated that would be, or if it would be feasible.

In any case, I will see how that works tonight, and I think disabling Languid Bite will solve my larger issue.
I can just keep my 110 enchanter in my XP group.

Last edited:
Debuffing a mob won't create that much latency, what you will notice is the time it takes for the enchanter to cast mez, and if your assisting the MA, then you shouldn't have to worry about aggro.

Question - Mez Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back