• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Melee group sixth man option poll out of three possible choices (1 Viewer)

RedCents
785¢
I have a SK, Shaman, Bard, Zerk, Zerk as a start, on my sixth account I have a Beastlord, Rogue and Ranger. What would you suggest I go with out of those three for the sixth slot? I was thinking Beastlord, but I am interested in everyone's opinion on which they would pick and why. I appreciate the feedback!

any of those are strong.

I'm partial to the bst because of the flex and the other supplementals it brings to the group, but any of those can be good. go with what makes you happy.

the downside to rogue/BL is no ranged if you ever needed ranged only dmg for some event or something - tho with BL you could pet tank

Depending on the content you are looking to accomplish you might want to have access to a real cleric. If you don't mind dancing you could just put a cleric on one of the accounts and log in the option that best suites your needs at the time.

any of those are strong.

I'm partial to the bst because of the flex and the other supplementals it brings to the group, but any of those can be good. go with what makes you happy.

the downside to rogue/BL is no ranged if you ever needed ranged only dmg for some event or something - tho with BL you could pet tank
Thanks Sic, what's nice is I keep all of the toons maxed AA'd and at least fully geared in T3 Tradeskill armor each expansion so I can rotate them as needed if special events would require like the ranged situation.

Depending on the content you are looking to accomplish you might want to have access to a real cleric. If you don't mind dancing you could just put a cleric on one of the accounts and log in the option that best suites your needs at the time.
On the shaman's account I have a maxed cleric I can swap in, if I want both I have a 7th account where I can use another maxed shaman for when extra heals may be needed like boxing a group for a raid. I appreciate the feedback!

I would suggest Rogue or Beastlord. My Zerkers do more damage with a Beast on the team. Although the utility of a rogue is nice. when it comes to collecting. I've gone to having two teams so I don't have to chose. In which case you can have a rogue and a beast or a ranger! Definitely scrape some pennies together and throw them at CWTN - plugin MQ2Bst and MW2Rogue.

I would suggest Rogue or Beastlord. My Zerkers do more damage with a Beast on the team. Although the utility of a rogue is nice. when it comes to collecting. I've gone to having two teams so I don't have to chose. In which case you can have a rogue and a beast or a ranger! Definitely scrape some pennies together and throw them at CWTN - plugin MQ2Bst and MW2Rogue.
I honestly have too many teams right now (most FTP).... would say that wouldn't be an issue except keeping them all maxed! A little more background. I keep six accounts actively subscribed which have multiple maxed toons on each. My main group is a War, Clr, Bst, Brd, Rng, Mag group. It is fun for me, lots of utility and does well on raids (all though there may be more mid/max combos out there). I do my progression on this group too. I am looking to have an alternate melee group on these accounts that I will also do progression with and that is what I have listed in this poll. I am set with the SK, SHM, BRD, ZERK, ZERK as the start, I was just curious what folks thought on that sixth account as the best option (out of the Rng, Bst, Rog) to do group content and progression since I will be mainly raiding with my main group setup. Since I am already doing progression with the Ranger option as he sits in that first group too, I probably should pick either the rogue or beast to get more toons through progression. On a last note I have the CWTN plugins and agree they are fantastic!

Question - Melee group sixth man option poll out of three possible choices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back