• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

melee commands? (1 Viewer)

glosette

RedCents
21¢
i cant figure out the melee command to stop a char from trying to circle behind a mob? is it /agro 1 or /agro 0?

any ideas plz?

thanks

aye i also wish there was a way when running the melee that you could set it not to put you behind the mobs when assisting... i often run this on raids where you cannot be the tank but you also dont want it to always position you behind the mob..

/melee aggro=1 will attack the mob from however you approach it, and will not change upon mob turning, /melee aggro=0 will disable taunting, and will sircle you behind the mob as the mob turns, it makes it very obvious you are using as you always turn and strafe and move with the mob, as if you were being pathed by EQ itself.

So, /melee aggro=1 will keep you where ay put yourself on the mob.

If you want to see where all your melee commands are currently set, and what options you have, just type /melee. this will make you a list of all the current melee settings for that character, it's always a good idea to check because certain classes seem to have different defaults.

Also remember, anytime you chaneg any of these, you must do /melee save, or the next time you log in, they will all revert back. Looking at this list is also a good idea as it allows you to control what abilities you want to use, ei if you want to bash instead of kicking, you may want to turn kick off, otherwise, wherever it is at in the chain it will perform that task without regard to it locking out another ability such as disarm, taunt, bash, slam, kick, flying kick, dragon punch, round kick etc. If they are all turned on ya get a nice mix, but monks for example seem to do the most dmg with flying kick, hence why would you want the chance of it performing dragon punch, or round kick instead, let Master Wu's AA perform those for ya =)

aye extactlly... and you never have to do /aggro=1 you just do /aggro=on or aggro=off i want when i am not tanking to not have the aggro but not to have melee move me behind the mob... i just want it to keep me the direction i am attacking from and not to taunt.... has to be a way to turn off the taunt without making you stay behind the mob

i use

Rich (BB code):
 /melee aggro=on taunt=off

i dont play a warrior but this works for my pally just fine when hes not the mt

Rich (BB code):
 /melee taunt=on

turns him back into an aggro machine

for characters that are not tanks but i still dont want the horribly obvious stick behind ie for my berserker i use

Rich (BB code):
 /melee aggro=on kick=off slam=off volley=60 frenzy=on cryhavoc=50
 /melee save

and he does everything i need him too except snare (think this can be done with mq2melee but i have not got it to work in years).

ty so much.... i have pally i use this on also... and its really noticable real fast to those around you... when your sticking to the azz of the mob... luckly so far those that have noticed also use mq2 lol.... honestly if they ever intergrated mq2melee into eq would be amazing...

melee commands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back