• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Mean Streets NOS (1 Viewer)

Chanticleer

yells at clouds
RedCents
Has anyone done this mission lately , the mission seems super stupidly hard now. I tried killing all 3 fakes first and then named , then get it hard with no lube at end , i tried zar's way from youtube video nothing seems to be working , the final phase seems super bugged. my sk has 13k ac and he cant handle it : ( any suggessions.

Has anyone done this mission lately , the mission seems super stupidly hard now. I tried killing all 3 fakes first and then named , then get it hard with no lube at end , i tried zar's way from youtube video nothing seems to be working , the final phase seems super bugged. my sk has 13k ac and he cant handle it : ( any suggessions.

Done it a bunch recently for groups on progressive spells. Honestly - 13k ac you should have no issue. context would be needed but this isn’t any harder and easy (12k ac on my sk.)

Not aware of any DG/EQ changes to this old content... you may want to double check your side for any recent gear changes, or mq2 settings changes that could be an issue.

For this event slow is a banish on adds. Make sure your guys and gals have that covered.

my problem seems to be the final phase when he warps , if I do it the way on you tube I get killed by the extra jacks if I do it the kill 3 fakes first and burn him down he locks and warps then I die from being chain warped from spots and the tigers kill me , I don’t see a clear way to do it without diein? Mind elaborating how to do it

my problem seems to be the final phase when he warps , if I do it the way on you tube I get killed by the extra jacks if I do it the kill 3 fakes first and burn him down he locks and warps then I die from being chain warped from spots and the tigers kill me , I don’t see a clear way to do it without diein? Mind elaborating how to do it
Kill thugs and 2 fakes off the start and 2 close spots
Kill thugs at last fake and real jack only leaving 1 fake and the real jack alone. The fake and real jack warp back to their spawn point when you engage the thugs so agro and pull them away
Then kill the last fake when you're ready to engage as you have limited time to engage the real when the last fake dies.
DPS the real to 22% (kill/bane images and tigers on the way down) and he locks until 2 timed red auras pop and then ports to one of the other 3 spots if you don't kill the illusions
Run toons to the new spot and DPS him down to 7% where he locks again and 2 more timed red auras pop and then he ports again
Move toons to the last spot and keeeel him!

No achievements there other than not engaging/damaging the real before killing the fakes. To get the others is a different strategy and I assumed you were looking for the win/loot with your post.

This mission was reworked from when I did it during NoS, but the same mechanics apply. Kill the illusions at the start, save the real for last (the illusions have a buff on them). When killing illusions, kill the two thugs with them. When you engage the boss, illusions spawn and he locks hps. Send a dps (i send my mage) and kill the illusions. They die fast. Then boss HPs unlock. Do that until he dies. Win.

I did this mission. I was able to beat it on the second day. I did not fail 100 times, but I did fail a lot :).
I have some hotkeys and pointers. It was quite painful, but beatable. If you want, I would be happy to share when I get home from work.

I have seen some videos on it, but it is really different from the posted content. In the videos I have seen they pulled content to one spot. I run to the 4 spots and killed mobs there.

If you do /echo {TrueName} (not sure of the syntax, I can check at home) the real mob has 100 behind his name (Blahblahblah100 is the true mob, all others are fake). with that, you can ensure you kill the fake ones first, and leave the "true" mob for last.

Illusions: I just sent my mage to kill them manually. They have low HPs, hit somewhat, but pet was able to tank and kill. I run to them one by one while main was tanking the named.

I went through NOS to level up ecliptic spell and to get a few clickies just recently. I was on a break so I missed this content entirely when it came out.

Kill thugs and 2 fakes off the start and 2 close spots
Kill thugs at last fake and real jack only leaving 1 fake and the real jack alone. The fake and real jack warp back to their spawn point when you engage the thugs so agro and pull them away
Then kill the last fake when you're ready to engage as you have limited time to engage the real when the last fake dies.
DPS the real to 22% (kill/bane images and tigers on the way down) and he locks until 2 timed red auras pop and then ports to one of the other 3 spots if you don't kill the illusions
Run toons to the new spot and DPS him down to 7% where he locks again and 2 more timed red auras pop and then he ports again
Move toons to the last spot and keeeel him!

No achievements there other than not engaging/damaging the real before killing the fakes. To get the others is a different strategy and I assumed you were looking for the win/loot with your post.
Yes don’t care about achievements yet

Here's the way I run it. For the locations I'll use the numbers from the map here; https://www.nos.eqresource.com/meanstreets.php
  1. If there are fakes at spots 1 and 2, kill everything at both of those locations. I'm able to do this before the first swap.
  2. If one of those spots has the real jak;
    1. kill the fake and adds at the other area then go to step 3 and come back and clear whichever area had real jak after he's swapped on to area 3 or 4
  3. run group to somewhere between spots 3 and 4. I use the fountain area.
  4. pull one of the adds from area 3 and bring to camp. Don't touch fake jaks and let him tether back
  5. same as step 4 but with the area 4
At this point you should have 1 fake jak and 1 real jak at areas 3 and 4. I typically wait until real jak is at area 4 before moving on.

Once I know I have time to kill fake jak at area 3 before the next swap, I clear that and run the group to area 4 and set camp there.

Once the group is fighting real jak at area 4, I just keep an eye on things and swap the tank to the animals or fakes that pop. Everything dies to bane pretty quick so I try to keep the camp mostly cleared.

When real jak gets to around 50% I start prepping for the health locking and pops at areas 1-3. The easiest way for me to do it is use my BL who I switch over to and set to manual.

As soon as the others pop, I run the BL to area 3 and sic my pet on the fake jak there. Once the pet is attacking, I let the BL cast slow/dots on the fake jak and he dies pretty quick. I don't engage that fake jak with melee on the BL. Just pet and slows/dots until he poofs. From there run to area 2 and follow the same steps then to area 1 and again the same.

I leave the BL at area 1 at this point.

Real jak's health will start dropping again and the 3 fakes repop. I take the BL through the same steps as above but in reverse camp order (1 -> 2 -> 3). Once all three are down I run the BL back to real jak. The group usually has him dead before I get there.

After real jak dies there are 3 new fake pops at areas 1, 2, 3. You can either kill them or ignore them. Chest will have popped and they will all disappear as soon as you open it.

So just based on what I'm reading here I'll be making several assumptions.
1 be sure to slow the cats to pop them easy peasy
2 when the bosses health gets locked, take a pet class or another tanky class and go kill the illusions that spawn at the other camps
3 rinse and repeat.

This is quite an easy fight as long as you're not chasing cut off the head. That achievement takes a bit of effort. These days I just steam roll it. I just go to camp 1 and start there. if I come upon the real one i skip that camp and go to the next one. No real finesse needed at this point especially with the AC you have. just roll in kill the thugs kill the fake roll on.

Alternatively if you can despawn the cats while he's health locked he will transport to one of the illusions, grants a small heal I believe. At least that's how it works in the raid and all you have to do is move to whichever camp he swapped to.

Yes don’t care about achievements yet
Then this is the easiest way I know of. There are lots of other suggestions in this thread as well to point out details I omitted or other tips/ways folks use to complete it.

The running to kill the illusions at 22% and 7% is one solution to stop the boss from porting, but some folks don't do as well playing 2 toons from my experience.

But your SK should not have an issue holding the boss with modern era gear in spite of the aura. If it doesn't work for you, please feel free to drop me a PM with some details about what/when is causing the death, group makeup, etc and I'd be happy to offer some tips. This was one of the two missions I farmed 2 - 3 times per day for the fortitude/heroism drops for my whole brood.

Last edited:
Just a tip, after you've cleared the thugs and the fakes and are killing the authentic jak...
It will lock at stages and spawn illusions - those illusions are easy to kill and avoid the warping altogether.
I just tab over to a mage (beastlord would be fine too) and run to each location to kill off the illusion spawns - no warp.
Meanwhile rest of group is taking down real jak while mage waits for next illusion set and goes back the other way doing the same thing at each location until you can finish off the real jak. Any tigers will either be on the group where they are no danger, or mage takes care of them with pet and spears.

Here are my hotkeys.
1714071622481.png

The following hotkeys are for locations for camps:

#1/dgga /nav loc -510 278 -189
#2/dgga /nav loc -521 -90 -188
#3/dgga /nav loc -334 -337 -188
#4/dgga /nav loc 113 -534 -189

I have these set up on MA. I start with camp #1, then 2 etc. Careful, if you try to run from camp#1 to camp#3, #2 mobs will agro.

It makes sense to check whether it is the main mob or not. I have my "echo" hotkey for that /echo ${Target.Name}

If it is main mob, then it will lock at 2%, then eventually warps. When it warps, it will go to a camp where the thugs will aggro and thugs + new mobs + possible thug from original camp will be engaged at once. They usually ate my rogue since they came from behind.

When 3rd fake mob is killed, if the main is not engaged within a very short time, it resets the event. So I have the following hotkey set up.
1714071582026.png

Basically, immediately I charge the last mob. I hit a few times the "come to me" button and the rest of my crew comes. Generally, it has a few thugs, so it is good to have some defensive (shield flash). When slowed, they aren't dangerious, but if there are 3-4 of them and the cleric did not make it, they can hurt.

When illusions start to spawn I just switch to my mage and use the above locs on hotkey for quickly running to previous camps, and attack with pet. I used earth pet, but I think it is an overkill. pet+ few spells kill the illusions.

I also have this on mage:
1714071725791.png

I killed illusions fast, and honestly I don't even know what MA was doing. Image might have ported around, but somehow tank stayed on it and after illusions were killed, it just died. LVL 125+ LS gear/weapons help a lot...I can imagine how tough this mission was with NOS gear and weapons.

I think, that's it. Honestly, when it started working, it all happened fast...getting it to work took some deaths...

Attachments

• 1714071708564.png
    1714071708564.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
Question - Mean Streets NOS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back