• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Max level/max AA - looking for advice on gear/augs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
520¢
Hiya chaps and gals

So was dipping my toe into live EQ as been a TLP andy for a while now - have a few 85 heroics that im currently starting up, but i just bought a 120 max level/max AA necro.
its group geared mostly, 250khp/200k mana unbuffed atm but my thing is i have zero augs etc

Looking for any advice where i should be looking to get augs and multiple stat augs? I understand i should be able to eventually solo some group nameds to get some gear in NOS which should be nice upgrades. But its where to get the Heroic stat augs etc that i am lost

Im completely clueless when it comes to anything within the last 7 or so years on live so any help would be appreciated! :)

Here's an old page. given your group makeup currently it's probably a good start.

The best I route I have found for this is go farm ores from named in the last 2-4 expansions and then make trade skill augs. This will easily fill all of your type 5s and most of your type 7s. Then start farming for the more stat focused ones for your class. Each expac had 3 type 7 augs using trade skill augs. So you can get 12 using the last 4 expansions.

EDIT: To clarify, you dont have to make the augs, you just buy the container in bazaar on all servers. It is tradeable. Or you can have a guildy make you one.

Last edited:
The best I route I have found for this is go farm ores from named in the last 2-4 expansions and then make trade skill augs. This will easily fill all of your type 5s and most of your type 7s. Then start farming for the more stat focused ones for your class. Each expac had 3 type 7 augs using trade skill augs. So you can get 12 using the last 4 expansions.
For someone with no tradeskills is this going to be a huge issue? :xd:

get your 85's to 90 and than gruop em with the necro. it will take a bit more time but your necro is still light years ahead of your heroic toons. use the necros dps for faster kills at 90+ and gear up them heroics, and get the necros TS to 300 than at 110 start farming tbl and tov missions for ores and nonvis items etc.

i to spent a few yrs on tlp and wanna say kudos for jumping to live ... although a totally different game i find it a lot more exciting with SO much more content to utilize

I mentioned this in discord earlier, however:
as a 120 you will want Nos and ToL player made type 5's (requires a semi rare core). The container is tradable, so you just need the core.
as a 120 you will want (as Granditos pointed out) at least the last 4 xpac player made type 7/8 (there is 4 per xpac, but 2 are lore group, blah blah blah, you can equip 3 of the 4 per xpac).
Since you are the new new, and have lil guys coming up, might want to increase the scope and get last 4 xpacs of type 5's and the last 5 or 6 xpac type 7/8. This will give you 15-18 type 7/8. NoS has flavored cores that can be a pain, ToL and earlier, you get the ores from open world named/mission chest.

All the containers are tradable, so takes 0 TS if you have plat.

Cheers everyone so far!

So thought i'd start in ToV to start farming augs, killed my first named... got an ore :xd: so 1 down! Also picked up shard of revitalizing power from that named too so off to a good start :)

Question - Max level/max AA - looking for advice on gear/augs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back