• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Massive LAg attack (1 Viewer)

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
RedCents
2,993¢
EQ is crashing, save your people, get somewhere safe, the servers are going down! LAg SPikes like mad!

mcarpe the post is refering to a shotgun being used in N1Z1 daybreak's zombie game - saw it on the everquest forums not sure if it's legit or not but regardless this sucks.

What?... Someones wining about an ingame item they don't like so they are trying force a game to run they way they like???

</Rant on>

But sure...I actually get a bit of downtime in my life so I can actually sit down and play for more than an hour, and BOOM, some dingle-dork who has a beef with some stupid facet of a TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME, decides he "needs to be heard" and that "his opinion is greater than the worlds". I know its only a game, but it is kinda all I got when I am away from home.

Wheres the respect for others?? They want to be respected, but respect comes from respect. If you do things that don't deserve respect , you will get recognized, but never respected.

Grow up children, learn the proper way to get your point across.
</Rant off>

Silly me, tried to zone, but nope, disco. Funny cause my 6 man grp has been on non-stop for like 72+ hours. Perhaps now would be a good time to reboot, update virus db, defrag, PC housecleaning...

- - - Updated - - -

wonder what kind of legal trouble you could get into for doing something like that...all over a game.. Some folks got their priorities all mixed up.

The Govt is still using the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. It's real easy for any kind of malicious activity to be a federal issue and fall under myraid agency's jurisdiction merely by a transmission crossing state lines, or even country lines, which pretty much anything does these days by virtue of how packets travel. I myself have ran afoul of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, it aint pretty. However we all know how stretched and understaffed any govt entity is these days, so it pretty much has to some how be construed as a threat to national security to really get anyone's attn.

For instance, I over heard a bank worker talking about how even the worker's accounts get compromised on a regular basis, this while my sister was in line to deal with her account being compromised... It is so rampant, so pervasive, its like smog, it's there, it's everywhere, and there isn't much anyone can do about it...

It really doesn't get much publicity either. If it got out how much nefarious activty, malicious code, was actually in use it would cause a panic. Visa and Mastercard for example have a huge HUGE quarterly write-off solely due to fraud. If the public knew how compromised, at every level, the electronic infrastructure was, they would lose faith in it and thus cause another recession or even full on depression. But the public can't just go back to keeping their money under their mattress (say as your grandparents did during the great depression), it is simply too late, technology is too embedded, not only in our lives, but in the very foundation of our infrastructure, and it is grossly, egregiously, compromised.

Hell, I made BANK working on the y2k problem back in its day. And that wasn't even malicious code. Now some ppl say that was a hoax since the scare never came to fruition. But I will attest that it didn't come to pass because of the hard work of coders like me that were there to make SURE it didn't happen. Its one of those situations where coders succeeding at their jobs made it look like it wasn't a real threat. Now add to that, malicious intent, and the fact that our infrastructure on many many levels is tied into technology, albeit poorly, and today's problems, no matter how hard they try to hide it, makes things like y2k pale in comparison.

I spent the majority of the day reinstalling 2 flaky machines and rebooting and cleaning the rest, waiting for the children to stop throwing a temper tantrum so I can get back to work

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, so DBGs customer relations guy posted
We talked it over very seriously and decided to add more shotguns.

I love those guys!

finally get back ingame..... dead of course. 29 folks in general chat... and 15 of them are AFK in the lobby...

I still say they need to just reset that zone hourly, it was never intended as an AFK resting spot, especially when the pricks just stand around doors/npcs

finally get back ingame..... dead of course. 29 folks in general chat... and 15 of them are AFK in the lobby...

I still say they need to just reset that zone hourly, it was never intended as an AFK resting spot, especially when the pricks just stand around doors/npcs

I agree.

Or there should be an event if the NPC senses someone within 50 ft of them and not moving for more than 5 mins, they should fling you back with the script, "If you're not buying or selling, get the fuck away from me!". And perhaps there could be lightening rays from doorways in PoK, home towns and the GL that give you a jolt back 50 ft with the script saying "Stop blocking the fucking doorways you dim fucktard!"

Just saying.

Lol ... Are afk'ers in the lobby REALLY that annoying to you guys? On my server everyone afks away from the merchants and the hall/neighborhood zone in... So I'm really not sure where all this hate comes from :)

Actually, I see that alot of folks afk in the lobby on all servers. My vitriol is aimed at those that afk around pok causing blockages in and out of the banks, and at certain npc's.

But it's mostly said in jest. Although the scripts would be awesome!

I guess I'm too much into oldworld, if its safe its an afk spot. I guess not as many people experienced the nexus when it was new.

NEWS FLASH:

Massive player deaths in pok, Merchants go ballistic on afk toon standing too close to their shops and not making a purchase. The merchants began throwing these afkers so venimently, they were exploding on walls and even skewing other players.
One report has an aleged 105 charactee resuming play at level 8. Caution to all, afk in pok at your own risk.

AFKers on my server stand directly in front of the guild hall doors... in front of the door to PoK... around the magus... around the bankers... and around the merchants. Had a few times where some stood side-by-side blocking a hallway.

I have Pathing set up for moving around in lobby, and most of my toons are binded right in front of a lobby door for easier clicking in. ( I mean the toon is seeing through the door when it gets ingame) and STILL have assholes in-between my toon and the door. So aye... to me they are that much an an annoyance. I have for a long time said they ought to just reset the zone hourly... if you can't get your buff in that time... you didn't need it that badly. (The no-timer-rolling-on-buffs thing was intended to help raids get buffed up and running/assist with LFGing... not for folks to AFK for weeks on end)

And that is not counting the buff begging designed and asking on behalf of others.. " any MGBing going?" for 4 hours (welcome to ignore!) Every so often I tell someone who has been buff begging for hours ( and not leaving the lobby till they get thier buffs) I would buff em if they come to X zone, otherwise they would have to offer compensation. Not only will soandso still not leave the lobby, but usually tries to ridicule me (and others) for asking for compensation for "just some mana".... notice how ever that the whiner doesn't make his own buff bot....but rather just continue begging... heh.

Sorry, one of the few things about EQ that irritates meh

I'm just playing devils advocate here, but is is possible others are trying to do the same thing you are and have resorted to binding infront of the door causing a pile up. And or they are trying to stop those that are pathing afk? Not saying whos right or wrong, I can just see how you may not be the only one trying to do the same things when there isn't room for it.

In front of vendors, meh thats been that way since day 1.

The other AFkers in lobby, may be those gold stretchers and logging out equals eating another krono. Plus who doesnt like coming back to a toon fully decked in max buffs.

I think its possible what you want the lobby to be isn't exactly what it is. It was designed to not eat buff timers, isnt that the place to go when you dont want to log out for 1 reason or another or get raid prepped.

Again just playing devils advocate, I can see where it could be irritating to you and others, but I'll bet binding infront of the door was a solution for a while a long time ago and will never go away, nor will DGB change the zone.

Solution:
Bind in your Hall and script the use of the teleporter.

Again, sounds like an issue on some servers. Mine is not this way.

News - Massive LAg attack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back