• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

News - mass suspensions.. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
425¢
hmm so I guess the mass bannings this morning say otherwise in regards to daybreaks blind eye... im still alive so far but I dont do crazy shit either.

if you going to push the envelope at least make sure ya hands are squeaky clean when you do or there will be many to point out that shallow victory.

said it a zillion times if you going to raid or pvp be clean otherwise whats the point, mq2 is for boxing botting and group game it has no place in raiding imho.
there used to be a motto folks followed around here , play smarter, lots have gotten lax tighten up if not for yourself then for the mq2 community.

It's on the eq forums. If you piece the details together from the thread, they spawned a mob that should not be targettable by regular gameplay. MQ'ers engaged, other MQ'ers assisted. Frenzic who runs a mage bot army said he could not target it normally. That's all I could gather from reading the thread......it was on Ragefire and was suspensions, not bannings

The thread is here:
http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/mass-suspensions.224805/

And this is the reported 3 mass suspensions wave and I have yet to hear anyone report to me they got suspended.

So reading through the 15 pages and counting, seems once the mob was pulled, normal people could target and assist. A lot of conflicting reports though. I see on another thread with a video with a guy trying to target fake Cazic and it wouldnt let him. I'm running out o popcorn going through all these threads

I only have 1 comment on this, and it is... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! (sorry, I don't feel bad for people blatantly not playing SMART while using MQ2)

someone was using kiss as a hunter in west freeport today...... people sure are stupid

Still alive here. :)

- - - Updated - - -

someone was using kiss as a hunter in west freeport today...... people sure are stupid

Actually saw someone set up at the Ritualist camp with a druid and sk in CT on Ragefire a few days ago that was definitely botting. They even were dumb enough to have their Druid set to face mob on nuking. It was pretty nice to just sit there looting the DF pieces they didn't want swapping between instances though.

hahaha yeah I remember ya telling me about that, although I have had one guy respond to me that im kinda botty looking with looting because looter always returns to exact same spot
and to use advanced loot system I just haven't had time to learn it yet.

Yesterday, the chief executive officer of publisher Daybreak Games made headlines for threatening a group of cyberattackers. Today, the company's website and games are experiencing outages.

CEO's should never be allowed to make public comments.... they're all frigging morons!

- - - Updated - - -

OMG... just Read through what Smedley said.... I stand by my previous comment, COMPLETE MORON! I'd expect EQ's gonna be down a while after that...

Geez...he's almost as stupid as that CEO that taunted Anonymous a couple of years ago.

Dear CEO's of America: don't taunt hackers. They know where you live.

I wasn't there but it sounds like the eq devs created fake mobs with a invis buff on that couldn't be canceled by players and the idea must have been that if a player targets this fake mob we can flag them and suspend them cause only people using third party tools will be able to see and target the fake mob...

The only thing they forgot was that if a player taunted said fake mob and it attacked, it's "I'm a fake mob with super invis" buff would drop and then anyone could see it as well...

So if you where like hanging in hate or CT and suddenly innoruuk or cazic Thule starts attacking you cause someone pulled it, how would you know it's a fake one? Of course you are gonna attack it...

So uhm yeah... Probably a lot of innocent people got caught up in this one.

I wasn't there but it sounds like the eq devs created fake mobs with a invis buff on that couldn't be canceled by players and the idea must have been that if a player targets this fake mob we can flag them and suspend them cause only people using third party tools will be able to see and target the fake mob...

The only thing they forgot was that if a player taunted said fake mob and it attacked, it's "I'm a fake mob with super invis" buff would drop and then anyone could see it as well...

So if you where like hanging in hate or CT and suddenly innoruuk or cazic Thule starts attacking you cause someone pulled it, how would you know it's a fake one? Of course you are gonna attack it...

So uhm yeah... Probably a lot of innocent people got caught up in this one.

It was an extremely poorly thought out sting operation and definitely caught non-hackers. I know many of the people in TL as I was guilded with them on Fippy and some of the guys that were banned are definitely not MQ users. They suck at boxing WAY TOO MUCH to be MQing.

On the other hand those people who use MQ to immediately pull raid spawns and things deserve all the suspensions and bans they get. The non-instanced raid scene isn't the place to build an advantage with MQ. All that does it spread the bad feelings about MQ in general because of things dying before they appear on screen, etc etc.

We had a similar issue with Innoruuk last week, he popped a few times in a "blink" state - we thought it was due to the raid-mob-in-main-instance-only patch that messed it up for the main instance.

News - mass suspensions..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back