• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Map causes text to be invisible (1 Viewer)

eqmzr06

RedCents
270¢
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever figured out why the map causes text to become invisible in other parts of the UI? I know I can simply close the map, but was curious if there was a specific cause that is in my control to fix and allow me to keep the map open, yet still see all UI text.

EQ can only display so much text. When you open the map and have labels on and all spawns visible, in a busy zone it can hit that text limit, which causes text in other windows to disappear, as EQ can display that much. You can always turn labels off in the map, which will then let your UI windows function correctly again.

its an limitation in the ui rendering engine of eq, you can click the abc button on the map to turn off label names, should help a bit. or turn off layer 2 for mq2 added map points.

MySEQ is a good way to get around the draw limit of EQ, the only issue with that is that you can't click to target on the map.

Thanks for posting this question. I have had that happen and didn't realize it was the map. I thought it was the customer UI I tried. Good to know I can go back to what I want to use and know the workarounds for this.

Oh neat! I didn't realize there was such a limitation to the UI rendering engine. I appreciate the explanation. ( :

I ran out of redcent for the day, so I'll toss you some tomorrow. Hehehe

I use a simple social for a quick workaround to that
/mapfilter named
Also, depending on the zone, 'height filter' usually will allow you to see the chat window text.
I am sure there are better solutions but these have worked well for me.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever figured out why the map causes text to become invisible in other parts of the UI? I know I can simply close the map, but was curious if there was a specific cause that is in my control to fix and allow me to keep the map open, yet still see all UI text.

Your best bet is to tweak your mapfilters. You will still hit zones where the NPC count is high enough to overflow, though. Zooming in on the map will often quick fix it btw.

Anyone know if there's a map option to only show spawns in a set radius from you? I haven't dug into map settings in a bit.

Question - Map causes text to be invisible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back