• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Mangler - Rathe Mountain Botter (1 Viewer)

dhew

RedCents
500¢
Anyone seen this guy in action? He has anywhere from 18-22 necros / mages spread in a nice radius around the hill giant hill in rathe mountains. He auto kills anything that moves near any of his toons.

Yes, same guy mentioned in the forums. I cant believe he hasnt been banned yet. He is blatantly just afk botting. Ive seen guides and GMs in the zone, trying to get him to respond. He's been there roughly 4-5 weeks now.

Redbot, I dont have any video capturing software on this laptop but ill try to get something.

Seems like EQBot would be so easy to detect since you are using log files to run in game commands. All DBG would have to do is check out the EQBot commands that would show in the log file and = ban. Yet here he is, over a month later.

I took a video. Check it out. The season names, the barcode names, and the ANecro, BNecro, etc... are all the bot army.

For the record, im a hardcore libertarian, not a democrat.

I took a video. Check it out. The season names, the barcode names, and the ANecro, BNecro, etc... are all the bot army.

lol at that strohs dude in your vid

Lol, I’m impressed that some people still use spell effects and sound! I don’t think I’ve had either enabled for the last decade (or more... raiding and that stuff don’t mix!)

I suspect that there are multiple groups of pet teams there, I've heard the seasons, the spice girls, that A~F necros and the barcodes and probably more. I know that the A~F and barcodes use to camp a single pick in efreeti room till that got trained. Rathe is a good place for people pulling that sort of crap since they can spread out to cut the risk of trains getting everyone at once. Maybe they are all discrete groups but it's just as likely that none of them have over two full groups

If they haven't all be banned I'd also suspect that they are running multiple game pad setups with hotkeys. That's really not too hard to pull off at all. For the record I used a game pad to automate things years and years ago and still have a programmable keyboard

He went to rathe mtn after some tool trained his crews at efreeti with the result that he made a lot more people cry.

never understood the love for HGs. I can grind out a few 1000 plat a day just casually charm soloing Seafuries in OOT with added bonus of J Boot MQs. I guess HGs are sick if you rush a Necro to 50 first 2 days of the server and can monopolize them, buying Kronos for cheap. Other than being the first one there they are just a fucking headache I dont wanna deal with.

never understood the love for HGs. I can grind out a few 1000 plat a day just casually charm soloing Seafuries in OOT with added bonus of J Boot MQs. I guess HGs are sick if you rush a Necro to 50 first 2 days of the server and can monopolize them, buying Kronos for cheap. Other than being the first one there they are just a fucking headache I dont wanna deal with.

Yeah. Try going to seafuries. Good luck on that. Permacamped by the same tools, and if you dare to pull one, one of the encs will charm it, gate back to its group, and kill it there.
Mangler is a f___ing cesspool of krono farming assholes. Though you only notice them if you decide that you want to earn some easy plat to work a tradeskill or something, or want a popular item without buying it off them.

Yeah. Try going to seafuries. Good luck on that. Permacamped by the same tools, and if you dare to pull one, one of the encs will charm it, gate back to its group, and kill it there.
Mangler is a f___ing cesspool of krono farming assholes. Though you only notice them if you decide that you want to earn some easy plat to work a tradeskill or something, or want a popular item without buying it off them.
That sounds like the classic experience we all remember. Daybreak recreating that vintage classic feel down to every gritty detail

I can't complain too much I guess. It was the email from DBG about the 20th anni and new servers that sorta dragged me back, and then hitting the forums to figure if anything was being done about the asshole bot farmers that had a few references to MQ2 that caused me to find this place on google. Now I'm running 6 chars, all gold, because I can't help it. So, reading this DBG? This place is making you money, stop banning people.

#WhyBiteTheHandThatFeedsYou

Discussion - Mangler - Rathe Mountain Botter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back