• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Malaysia: Enforced Gaming Curfews. (1 Viewer)

The Squealing Fairy

RedCents
Accordnig to BBC news, it's happening now. In a region where gaming is a big thing, and people are passing out in internet cafes with a load of poo in their pants, I guess I'm not that surprised. Yet, the tiny capitalist in me wonders how this will cut into the profits of internet cafes; they are used to gamers playing all night. Does an internet cafe operator have the same sort of responsibilities that a bartender would? I guess the Malaysian government says yes.

Oh dear parents of Malaysia, your worries are over. You won't have to watch over your own children. As in most places of this big blue earth, there are plenty of lawmakers who want to do it for you.

While some suggest that this new law will cut crime, I can't say I agree with that. I mean, how do you commit a serious crime while you are gaming? I was always under the impression that if you are gaming, you're too entranced to actually do anything at all, much less anything bad such as stealing, killing, raping, or ripping MP3s from the record industry. I always understood that the hardcore gamers don't leave their computers. Ever.

Although I'm a confused little woman, I do try to keep optomistic. Are there any bright sides to this?

Why, yes! For one thing, Malaysia is at +8 GMT and there will now be less people taking up the good loot during peak playing times! Ha! More for the rest of us! Sucks to be you! Neener! Neener!

Malaysia: Enforced Gaming Curfews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back