• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Serious - make an account on the front page (NO CAPTCHA) (1 Viewer)

isobelle

RedCents
51¢
redbot (aka frybread), has been going through some options to link the forum accounts to the front page accounts. as it is, it's pretty fucking retarded that every time anyone wants to comment, they have to pass the capcha spam bot killer sobriety test.

personally, hats off to you guys for persevering, i would have blown this popsicle stand months ago, or at the very least stopped posting replies.

i forget you guys have to even deal with it, since i'm a writer and have this awesome red carpet roll out of my floppy drive every time i log onto the site. i saw khatib posted a resonse to my latest drivel, and apparently the comment thing ate up some parts of his quote, so he had to post a clarification in the following comment. i was halfway thru posting "you know there's an edit button, right?" when i realized you guys don't get to use it, since you're all anonymous.

fuck that, i'm pulling an abraham lincoln and fighting for the rights of our noobs.

we have a top secret URL: http://www.notaddicted.com/user

write it down, bookmark it, do whatever you want. it's not terribly complicated to remember if you try, i think.

the "login button" is disabled from the front page, because we were working on tying the two together, and didn't want people confused about having two accounts, and having to log in in two places.

i think you're all grown up enough to handle it, so go to that URL and make a fucking account.

the front page comment system, should ask you ONCE to prove you aren't a spam bot, and then it should leave you the fuck alone. if it doesn't post in this thread and i'll figure it out.

the three CAPTCHA options i see on the backend of the site look like this:

Persistence:
1) Always add a challenge.
2) Omit challenges for a form once the user has successfully responded to a challenge for that form.
3) Omit challenges for all forms once the user has successfully responded to a challenge.

i currently have it set to 2, which should mean once you've proved you aren't a bot on the front page comments section, you're free to go nuts. it MIGHT mean that once you've proven it for Article Z, then you can only go nuts in that article.... at which point i'll set it to 3, but i'd rather keep it at 2 if i'm understanding it right.

lemme know.

welcome to 1st class citizenship. i'm so proud of you all!

***edit: p.s. i"ve put the login form on the front page, so this doesn't really apply, except for the whole "the forums and front page aren't connected" jive

Last edited:
Serious - make an account on the front page (NO CAPTCHA)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back