• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Major Internet Outages 8/30/2020 6am EST (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,298¢
Pronouns
He/Him
It appears there are some major network outages happening this morning across various platforms including Everquest platforms.

Down Detector shows outages for just about everything you can think of - Discord, Valorant, Destiny, Hulu, League of Legends, EA, Blizzard, Reddit etc

Down Detector Everquest

i recieved a message saying a very serious mq2bug and would not go past server select. would this be the reason?

from Xia on discord

Xia:
Hi so I work at a noc overnights as a director I got called cause we got about 80k tickets in less than 30 min this seems to be an issue with level 3 so broad and routing based so basically things being down or not is going to depend on location and how you route. They've given us an ETA of 1 hour.

Xia:
It's the most I can say without violating my nda but it'll be all providers and networks

Update - We have identified an issue with a transit provider which is causing 5xx class HTTP errors, such as HTTP 522, 502, 503.

This is affecting all data centers that make use of this transit provider and we are working on implementing mitigations to alleviate this issue.
Aug 30, 11:57 UTC
Identified - The issue has been identified and a fix is being implemented.
Aug 30, 11:39 UTC
Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue.
Aug 30, 11:08 UTC
Update - Cloudflare is investigating an increased level of HTTP 5xx class errors.

We are working to understand the full impact and mitigate this problem. More updates to follow shortly.
Aug 30, 10:45 UTC
Investigating - Cloudflare is aware of, and investigating an issue which potentially impacts multiple customers. Further detail will be provided as more information becomes available.
Aug 30, 10:21 UTC

1598790198511.png

But I already cleaned my house last patch! Trying to access anything is a pain right now. Hope it clears soon and thank you for the updates Sic - saved me a ton of modem recycling, computer troubleshooting etc. :sweat:

I rely on ebay for my business and it is also down! I can't even work today and cleaned my house yesterday. No kids home to play tabletop games with, so I guess I'll break out my crochet / knitting stuff and listen to the radio!

I’m still in game, so I’m not sure what you all are talking about. I even crashed on one toon and logged back in.

I’m still in game, so I’m not sure what you all are talking about. I even crashed on one toon and logged back in.
It depends on the person. If you get routed through the South East or London on your hops to the server you're gonna have a bad time. The lag is from ISPs changing their routes to bypass the area. More people on your routes than normal.

Can confirm it was a global outage affecting Level3 (CenturyLink now) that took down vast parts of the internet.
It appears to be restored now but there could still be sites that are coming online still.

It depends on the person. If you get routed through the South East or London on your hops to the server you're gonna have a bad time. The lag is from ISPs changing their routes to bypass the area. More people on your routes than normal.

For example, I could connect, and while the game's "ping" said 99 -- none of the group members were registering distance changes.

For example, I could connect, and while the game's "ping" said 99 -- none of the group members were registering distance changes.

Now to hope DBG servers can tell the difference between Centurylink screwing up packet routing in funky ways and not just assume we’re all trying to use warp hacks or something.

Bans - Major Internet Outages 8/30/2020 6am EST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back