• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Main and team progression (1 Viewer)

Bregan

RedCents
608¢
How do you guys typically handle your main and group progression? What are things we should and must do as we level? My team is starting to come together and is nearing level 65 (SHD, SHM, BRD, BER, BER, BST.) I have not done any real questing yet, and have only geared up with defiant gear and the bazaar. I want to focus on the Shadow Knight, but I dont want to miss out on anything for the others that will help the group progress either.

The hardest part of searching is finding information that is not obsolete. From my searches, I gathered the following:

1. COTF progression for Hero AAs at level 100 (for entire group.)
2. SHD Epic, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0? Not sure this is still relevant?

How do you guys typically handle your main and group progression? What are things we should and must do as we level? My team is starting to come together and is nearing level 65 (SHD, SHM, BRD, BER, BER, BST.) I have not done any real questing yet, and have only geared up with defiant gear and the bazaar. I want to focus on the Shadow Knight, but I dont want to miss out on anything for the others that will help the group progress either.

The hardest part of searching is finding information that is not obsolete. From my searches, I gathered the following:

1. COTW progression for Hero AAs at level 100 (for entire group.)
sk, bard, zerk, shm --- all of these you want your 1.5/2.0 asap (tho you're 65 so not a super rush) - they are still relevant at max lvl

to answer your question it really depends on how quickly you want to move through.

the heroic AAs are awesome - and long term it is something you will want to do - so if you're not in a rush to lvl up, doing those as you go is a wise use of your time.

when you get into 85ish? you can get the tbm gear with remnants of tranquilty after doing the into the temple progression (mission scales --- just avoid the bigbois). this gear "scales" with different augs as you level up, and is very nice.

sk, bard, zerk, shm --- all of these you want your 1.5/2.0 asap (tho you're 65 so not a super rush) - they are still relevant at max lvl

to answer your question it really depends on how quickly you want to move through.

the heroic AAs are awesome - and long term it is something you will want to do - so if you're not in a rush to lvl up, doing those as you go is a wise use of your time.

when you get into 85ish? you can get the tbm gear with remnants of tranquilty after doing the into the temple progression (mission scales --- just avoid the bigbois). this gear "scales" with different augs as you level up, and is very nice.

Great! I need to do 1.0 before 1.5 though? Seem I can start that now, are 1.5 and 2.0 suggested at specific levels?

Great! I need to do 1.0 before 1.5 though? Seem I can start that now, are 1.5 and 2.0 suggested at specific levels?
i mostly do 1.5 pre-quest and then 1.5 -> 2.0 - EXCEPT zerkers i always do the 1.0 cause the 1.5 pre-quest is stupid

i mostly do 1.5 pre-quest and then 1.5 -> 2.0 - EXCEPT zerkers i always do the 1.0 cause the 1.5 pre-quest is stupid

Glad i posted this when i did... already got the Essence of Hate... I happen to be camping right by her. Thanks Sic!

1. COTF progression for Hero AAs at level 100 (for entire group.)
Shm epic 2.0 is big help in that group!

Sic is spot on about epics, but I would grind levels to 85 or 90 and then go back as at that point or even higher, you can split up your box into different zones and kill PH's mobs or look for spawns u need at the same time. It will cut down on the overall time it takes by alot.

Levels makes going back soooooooooooo much faster and easier.

Sic is spot on about epics, but I would grind levels to 85 or 90 and then go back as at that point or even higher, you can split up your box into different zones and kill PH's mobs or look for spawns u need at the same time. It will cut down on the overall time it takes by alot.

Levels makes going back soooooooooooo much faster and easier.

I just finished the prequest, but didn't get the non-functioning sword for some reason. I'll definitely wait till later to do the rest, as even though I was able to finish it (although, I'll probably have to redo it), the guy at the docks was pretty tough.

Ya trying to get that guy to spawn in hatesfury is legit awful, on day 2 I was like why didnt i just do the 1.0

Off topic from OP but I am really glad I read this thread...just about to start epic for zerk in crew. Looks like I will do 1.0!

I so wish I had known about this earlier. I run with 3 Berzerkers and so far only one has 2.0 the other 2 are still waiting for the hate's fury guy to spawn. Oh and be ready for the Bazu blood part. Just a heads up that will make you curse the EQ gods.

I so wish I had known about this earlier. I run with 3 Berzerkers and so far only one has 2.0 the other 2 are still waiting for the hate's fury guy to spawn. Oh and be ready for the Bazu blood part. Just a heads up that will make you curse the EQ gods.

the problem with epics is they are very hit and miss with some drops. With VV down on test I decided to get bard, cleric, shaman epic from scratch over last few days. I knocked out bard and cleric epics in a day. Shaman 1.0 I got stuck n the courier step in CoM. Literally 9 hours. 1.5 and 2.0 I literally finished in 3.5 hours. I had a few chars camping some of the named to get them to spawn quick but it wasn’t bad at all. RNG can be a real pain in epics.

Meanwhiel I’m all epic‘d out for a bit. Lot of new alts so had to do a bunch of these recently.

I'm itching to get to 85.... everyone is 77 now, but its SLOW going (.34% exp per kill in looping plains atm). Someone give me a good place to grind the rest of these levels out! Want to start on my Epics this weekend, but at this rate, i think I'd be 85 on Sunday.

I'm working on my epics for crew 1 now. Thanks for this thread and the info here. I was able to do SK 1.5 prequest, but getting that Overlord or Mistress to spawn was about 20 hours +-.

On this topic, how do you make sure that the character who needs the item gets the item(s)? Is there a loot command for that? I'm really scared that I will wait 12+ hours for a drop and then it go to someone random in the group.

Last edited:
I'm working on my epics for crew 1 now. Thanks for this thread and the info here. I was able to do SK 1.5 prequest, but getting that Overlord or Mistress to spawn was about 20 hours +-.

On this topic, how do you make sure that the character who needs the item gets the item(s)? Is there a loot command for that? I'm really scared that I will wait 12+ hours for a drop and then it go to someone random in the group.

I was thinking about this very thing yesterday and I'm not even going to try to make it work.... im going to do a /autoloot turn off :)

@Bregan go to house of Thule courtyard or feerrot the dream, one of the lizard camps.

Bregan is 77

do the daily hotzones for the exp bonus. I hung out in fort mech/dsh farm, a mix of the two, to get to 80. You could try some of the oceangreen/kith tasks to get the exp from them.

Bregan is 77

do the daily hotzones for the exp bonus. I hung out in fort mech/dsh farm, a mix of the two, to get to 80. You could try some of the oceangreen/kith tasks to get the exp from them.

My SK is 83 now, everyone else 82... i got some bags from market and use the EXP potions. I've just been running around looping plains. I tried the Hills of Shade next door, but even though they are blue, i still got into trouble there. I wanted to start on either the TBM gear or HoT gear, but both involved killing yellow stuff which was hit or miss for me at 80 (even at 82 when i tried this morning.)

The first couple of quests for the TBM stuff got me like half a level, and was super easy (just running around.)

You can start dead hills tasks off gribbles now. Probably the best exp you can get for effort invested. Not sure how well you’ll handle them if you’re still wearing defiant gear, but defo worth a look.

You can start dead hills tasks off gribbles now. Probably the best exp you can get for effort invested. Not sure how well you’ll handle them if you’re still wearing defiant gear, but defo worth a look.

Buy some abstruse gear from baz if you havent. that's a massive upgrade to defiant...

Can someone help me understand how these adventures work, specifically TBM? The TBM stuff scales to level. One mob and my health is like a yoyo, two and I'm insta killed (this is with a full group.) Is this not group content, and if so, how does the scaling work? It seems impossible to me right now.

Can someone help me understand how these adventures work, specifically TBM? The TBM stuff scales to level. One mob and my health is like a yoyo, two and I'm insta killed (this is with a full group.) Is this not group content, and if so, how does the scaling work? It seems impossible to me right now.
the tbm scaling stuff doesn't scale too well - the giant golem guys still hit unreasonably high

the tbm scaling stuff doesn't scale too well - the giant golem guys still hit unreasonably high

It wasn't the golem, it was the yellow & white skellies :) I got two and they wiped me in seconds. The golem is red to me, so try to stay away from those.

My team is 84/83 and I'm new to everquest. I'm finding it near impossible to fight anything higher than blues (and some blues, 2 kill me.... im in Elegant defiant gear) at this level, with a full group. Is this normal? I just wiped in the courtyard of House of thule. Everything I'm reading out there seems to be very outdated, as it seems some folks are soloing this stuff at 85? How?

Gear is the big factor in what you can do, better the gear better and easier things get. But when starting out kill what you can kill, once the trash mobs get easier move on to named then move up in zone progression. There is no clear path to follow and people will tell you different ways of doing stuff but truly it's gear/level to what you can do.

Gear is the big factor in what you can do, better the gear better and easier things get. But when starting out kill what you can kill, once the trash mobs get easier move on to named then move up in zone progression. There is no clear path to follow and people will tell you different ways of doing stuff but truly it's gear/level to what you can do.

Yep, but all the next gear is locked behind the mobs im trying to kill (Hot, TBM?) I guess i need to go back to loping plains and buy Extravagant defiant at 85 when i hit it in 3 days :P

Defiant gear drops are global for the level range of the mobs, so any mob 80 to 85 will all drop defiant gear. Named drop gear that is for that same level range. I would suggest a wall camp in ferrott the dream, from the stone port head east and should be an easy camp there few mobs but a named spawns there too can get some abtruse from named is terror fang I believe, it's a spider

Defiant gear drops are global for the level range of the mobs, so any mob 80 to 85 will all drop defiant gear. Named drop gear that is for that same level range. I would suggest a wall camp in ferrott the dream, from the stone port head east and should be an easy camp there few mobs but a named spawns there too can get some abtruse from named is terror fang I believe, it's a spider

Thanks, but im going to stay away from anything white or higher.... for me, it just equals lost time and death :P I did manage to get some gear, primarily weapon upgrades, and 4 or 6 pieces of upgrades for the tank, but i still got my ass handed to me in Feerrott.... right outside of thule. There was a named lizardman, which was going down fast, but a blue buddy joined him and wiped my group.... stuff just hits really hard. I have a lot of stuff to figure out.

Thanks, but im going to stay away from anything white or higher.... for me, it just equals lost time and death :P I did manage to get some gear, primarily weapon upgrades, and 4 or 6 pieces of upgrades for the tank, but i still got my ass handed to me in Feerrott.... right outside of thule. There was a named lizardman, which was going down fast, but a blue buddy joined him and wiped my group.... stuff just hits really hard. I have a lot of stuff to figure out.

Ok. Let me.. um, actually log on CT and see what we can actually do.

Not much is currently available right now. Even remnants of tranquility arent for sale.

I don't know if you want to try it this way.

Do some achievements on the tank for some Paragon gear.
Maybe the healer, too.
Most of it is from 70-80 mobs as content.
Once you can get them geared, then I would try HA or abstruse camping. You have to start somewhere to start gearing up.

Or if you can get to 85. Rustic xx of Argath is currently plentiful and has at least five slots available on the baz currently.

Last edited:
@Bregan - Have you considered buying some plat? That would allow you to gear up your tank. One can get just over 5 million plat for $20ish. I avoided doing this for a long time, but in the end I wish I had done it sooner. The influx of cash made life a lot easier. I bought Deluxe Toolboxes. Then bought all the spells/tomes I would need for several levels. That plus 1000 stacks of Fresh Fish and Bottles of Milk and I didn't have to Throne/Fellowship until I wanted a break from hunting.

That said, everyone is different, and not everyone would want to buy plat.

Have you considered buying some plat? That would allow you to gear up your tank. One can get just over 5 million plat for $20ish. I avoided doing this for a long time, but in the end I wish I had done it sooner. The influx of cash made life a lot easier. I bought Deluxe Toolboxes. Then bought all the spells/tomes I would need for several levels. That plus 1000 stacks of Fresh Fish and Bottles of Milk and I didn't have to Throne/Fellowship until I wanted a break from hunting.

That said, everyone is different, and not everyone would want to buy plat.

Plats not the problem, I already bought everything i can from bazaar. Got a few pieces, and weapon upgrade, but its slim pickings.

Ok. Let me.. um, actually log on CT and see what we can actually do.

Not much is currently available right now. Even remnants of tranquility arent for sale.

I don't know if you want to try it this way.

Do some achievements on the tank for some Paragon gear.
Maybe the healer, too.
Most of it is from 70-80 mobs as content.
Once you can get them geared, then I would try HA or abstruse camping. You have to start somewhere to start gearing up.

Or if you can get to 85. Rustic xx of Argath is currently plentiful and has at least five slots available on the baz currently.

Just bought some of this... I'll get it made once I hit 85. Thanks for showing me this!

85 for VoA gear, 92 for fear touched armor, 100 for latent ether.. 105 for amorphous cohort's gear.. that're some T1 expansion-specific gear "early" on

Deaths galore... ive decided to stop trying to gear up. Cazic bazaar doesn't have much (considering moving the entire team,) and the deaths trying to farm anything 85+ just isn't worth it. Nearly hung it all up today. The gear i did find did help, quite a bit actually, but a yellow (especially the skellies in the TBM unlock stuff,) will one shot anyone else on my team, so until I can get the entire team leveled and geared, I cannot do any 85+ content.

The VoA stuff is confusing as all F, and there is little information out there. I managed to make two pieces.

Don't give up. It will get better.

Do you have Alternate Advancement / Auto-Grant Enable checked? Are you in a guild (that is box friendly)? Check the blue EQ box / Achievements for the zone you can hunt in. Are there any rewards for doing the Quests there? Some rewards are extra stats, or gear.

While I am learning to play my SK, I went ahead and bought the CoV package that comes with the Bunny Saddle: Mana regen 34, Mana 3750, End 3750, Heath 3500, All Save 50, AC 83 - Someone else will need to comment on if it only works outside. Likewise, MQ2FeedMe can really help with some extra HP. I bought some summoned apples to learn how to use it. Because losing a $5 apple was better than losing a $4k Primordial Noodle! Stats on the food are: Noodles: AC 155, HP 1200, Mana 1200, End 600. Smoothie AC 55, HP, Mana, End 960 each. After it runs for several cycles you will know if your good to go for buying the expensive stat foods.

I don't know your server, but so many ppl are Powerleveling that often there are treasures rotting in HOT and others. If you see someone in there PLing, tell them you are new and ask if there are any named drop they don't want. If you are part of a guild - ask them for help. That puts you in a great place later when others need help. You will understand where they are, what they need, how to best help them. My server calls out rots in the general channels too. Often we offer it to anyone in guild, then in the zone, then in the general channel. Be willing to park your team and RUN!

I got really lucky when I first came back to the game. I ran into a Pally, and he was a great player, who let me tag along. If you can find someone who already knows all the ins and outs, it can be a big help. Get a couple of levels on your SK and some gear then use that to take your group up. In my case, I couldn't even move around well when I started. I didn't know where anything was. I was slow doing everything.

- Hopefully, some of those can help.

Don't give up. It will get better.

Do you have Alternate Advancement / Auto-Grant Enable checked? Are you in a guild (that is box friendly)? Check the blue EQ box / Achievements for the zone you can hunt in. Are there any rewards for doing the Quests there? Some rewards are extra stats, or gear.

While I am learning to play my SK, I went ahead and bought the CoV package that comes with the Bunny Saddle: Mana regen 34, Mana 3750, End 3750, Heath 3500, All Save 50, AC 83 - Someone else will need to comment on if it only works outside. Likewise, MQ2FeedMe can really help with some extra HP. I bought some summoned apples to learn how to use it. Because losing a $5 apple was better than losing a $4k Primordial Noodle! Stats on the food are: Noodles: AC 155, HP 1200, Mana 1200, End 600. Smoothie AC 55, HP, Mana, End 960 each. After it runs for several cycles you will know if your good to go for buying the expensive stat foods.

I don't know your server, but so many ppl are Powerleveling that often there are treasures rotting in HOT and others. If you see someone in there PLing, tell them you are new and ask if there are any named drop they don't want. If you are part of a guild - ask them for help. That puts you in a great place later when others need help. You will understand where they are, what they need, how to best help them. My server calls out rots in the general channels too. Often we offer it to anyone in guild, then in the zone, then in the general channel. Be willing to park your team and RUN!

I got really lucky when I first came back to the game. I ran into a Pally, and he was a great player, who let me tag along. If you can find someone who already knows all the ins and outs, it can be a big help. Get a couple of levels on your SK and some gear then use that to take your group up. In my case, I couldn't even move around well when I started. I didn't know where anything was. I was slow doing everything.

- Hopefully, some of those can help.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it helps for sure! I do have AA/Auto-Grant enabled. I'm not in a guild, I actually made my own, but i wouldn't mind being in a real guild. Just not sure how to look for one being a 6 boxer. I am actually doing a Griggles adventure at the moment, and doing ok. Its slow going, but I think this will help me gear up some.

I did ask in general about PL to 90 or so, just to get me over this hump, but they wanted 90 bucks in kronos, and I've already spent too much :P

I did buy a mount from the store, but MQ2Eskay dismounts me... not sure how to use those.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it helps for sure! I do have AA/Auto-Grant enabled. I'm not in a guild, I actually made my own, but i wouldn't mind being in a real guild. Just not sure how to look for one being a 6 boxer. I am actually doing a Griggles adventure at the moment, and doing ok. Its slow going, but I think this will help me gear up some.

I did ask in general about PL to 90 or so, just to get me over this hump, but they wanted 90 bucks in kronos, and I've already spent too much :P

I did buy a mount from the store, but MQ2Eskay dismounts me... not sure how to use those.
all of the cwtn plugins have a Commands tab with all the commands, and i review all of the "general" CWTN UI Options in the UI video > HERE < which also includes discussion on the autodismount (which just dismounts you but does not remove whatever buff you would get from your mount - and would recast the mount to get the buff if you had it added to your addclicky downtime and was missing it.)

IRL - Main and team progression

Users who are viewing this thread

Back