• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Mage wont stop casting Thaumaturges Unity (1 Viewer)

RedCents
62¢
Hello Friends,
Having an issue on my mage -- he keeps casting Thaumaturges unity every minute or so (the shortest duration buff in the set is ~9mins). I was also having a problem on my shaman with it constantly casting Guise of the Deceiver (which grants a 1 hour dark elf illusion) ever ~5 minutes. No problem on the shaman I just deleted that out of his INI but the mage kind of needs TU -- just not every 30 seconds, lol.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello Friends,
Having an issue on my mage -- he keeps casting Thaumaturges unity every minute or so (the shortest duration buff in the set is ~9mins). I was also having a problem on my shaman with it constantly casting Guise of the Deceiver (which grants a 1 hour dark elf illusion) ever ~5 minutes. No problem on the shaman I just deleted that out of his INI but the mage kind of needs TU -- just not every 30 seconds, lol.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
howdy @EQ_Fan

You probably need a |DUAL| tag for the buff

you probably need to hit the Buff:Unity with a Buffs:UnitySpell|DUAL|one-of-the-spells-the-unity-spell-casts

Kiss Help Instructions Guide Info Page Extravaganza

BuffName|dual|BuffRecourse|Target

The |dual modifier allows for spells that have 2 (or more) parts, where the actual buff effect has a different name than the spell or ability used to cast it. Designed for recourse type spells, or newer spells that combine buffs, but can be used for lots of things.
Example: Buffs1=Talisman of Soul's Unity|Dual|Exigent Focusing
In this example, if the DUAL syntax is not used, KissAssist will rebuff Unity every 8-12 seconds where the other 3 or 4 effects last hours.
MA, Me, Caster, Melee, and Class flags can be used with the dual modifier, but must be at the end of the line.

thanks y'all i will give it a shot.
For the guise of the deciever on the shaman im guessing it'd be:
ex. Buffs8=Guise Of the Deceiver|dual|Illusion:dark elf|Me ?

And lastly, my shaman is having some trouble:
One of his buffs is Buffs9=Savage Growth Rk.II|MA but he never casts it, any idea on that?

I'm having the same problem along with Burning Symbiosis Rk. II / Burning symbiosis Recourse II. I tried the dual tag and it did not work. However, i did not have the me tag. Guess i will try it later. Wait i think i used Chaotic Munificence Rk. II. Does it need to not include rank? MuleAssistVer=10.0.4.2.01

In the case of Savage Growth...if you are casting it on a Shadow Knight it will not land as the Sk's stance will overwrite it. Also in the case of Thaumaturge's Unity...depending on how many aa's you have purchased in that line of aa's you will want to put what it currently casts after dual| ... such as Thaumaturge's Unity|dual|Chaotic Boon|Me, or at max aa's in Thaumaturge's Unity... Thaumaturge's Unity|dual|Chaotic Munificence|Me

I was having the same issue with the SK repeatedly casting Dark Lord's Unity B every 3 minutes and added a condition to the buffs to check if the buff existed first (& Stop dropping Invis you were invis for a reason)

INI::
Buffs1=Dark Lord's Unity (Beza)|Cond29
Cond29=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Shroud of the Krellnakor].RankName}].ID} &&
    !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Mental Fright].RankName}].ID} &&
    !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Drape of the Magmaforeged].RankName}].ID} &&
    !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Remoreseless Demeanor].RankName}].ID} &&
    !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Helot Skin].RankName}].ID} &&
    !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Helot Covenant].RankName}].ID} &&
    !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Icebone Skeletal Form].RankName}].ID} &&
    !${Me.Buff[${Spell[Call of Nightfall].RankName}].ID} && !${Me.Invis}

And for the Mage casting Burning Symbiosis again same issue, added a condition check:

INI::
Buffs6=Dark Symbiosis|Me|Cond4
Cond4=!${Me.Buff[${Spell[Dark Symbiosis Recourse].RankName}].ID} &&
    !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}

Buffs7=Thaumaturge's Unity|DUAL|Chaotic Bestowal|Me that is mine and he is doing it anyway....there are other buffs in the unity line so I am curious to this thread as well, because mine is constantly doin it every couple minutes per say maybe sooner, and the dual note is in there

Bestowal is only a 6 minute buff, is it just wearing off?

Try it with no |Me tag? KA will recognize self-only buffs.

Buffs7=Thaumaturge's Unity|DUAL|Chaotic Bestowal

Just to check, you do have Chaotic Bestowal spell in your book and you're seeing that buff name appear in your buff window? I don't know of any buffs that would overwrite Bestowal, but make sure it is able to appear in the window and nothing from another group member is knocking it out, or you'll get re-casts.

Problem - Mage wont stop casting Thaumaturges Unity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back