• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Macroquest 2 Overview and History (Video) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Here is an overview of Macroquest 2 and its history. Let me know what you guys think and if I left anything out. I wanted to set up a basis for an Everquest playlist and include the basics so anyone can understand it and then expand more into actual gameplay and usage.

Thanks, this is very cool, we should make a MQ2 documentary or something, also, rswiders needs a bit more screen time ;) he is a great guy and does a lot of back the scenes work that no one knows about, he has been with us for many many years as well.

Edit: I love this so much, such a narcissist.

Last edited:
Thanks, this is very cool, we should make a MQ2 documentary or something, also, rswiders needs a bit more screen time ;) he is a great guy and does a lot of back the scenes work that no one knows about, he has been with us for many many years as well.

Edit: I love this so much, such a narcissist.
For sure man, It's great how you all have kept this community going for so many years and honestly, I doubt there would still be an Everquest without you guys doing what you do!

I am planning on a whole slew of how to tutorials, guides, history, and generally all the things about MQ2 the general population doesn't know about. It seems like only the bad stuff is publicized and it just pisses me off that folks don't realize what it does. I'm will be doing live streams going through all of Ring of Scale with MQ2 once pre-sale drops. Obviously, any questionable features will be turned off (MQ2Map for example) and showing how it makes my life easier and allows me to have fun in Everquest. I know this is a bit edgy and even the possibility of a ban, but I think it should be done. I think the pros would far out-weigh the cons, and folks could see how fun using this is and how constructive it could be for both the EQ and MQ2 community.

Also, let me know if there is anything, in particular, you think I should do.

Thanks again!

I run 6 accounts. Been playing since 2001, multiboxing for the last 4 years. I have been using MQ2 for less then a year now I believe. I couldn't play EQ without it now. I still play with friends and guildies. But, when there is no one on or I just feel like being left alone.... The bots come on and i wreck shit in peace and quiet. I couldn't do that before when no one was on to play with or peeps were on my nerves. BIG game changer for me and I LOVE IT.

Thanks Red Guides for making EQ fun again!

Last edited:
i've always wondered what is the History or story with the "2" in macroquest2
The original MacroQuest was a simplistic macroing program, I believe when MQ2 was released it truly "injected" into eqgame.exe and was able to read memory and do much much more than basic macros. I am not 100% sure on this, but I know the team expanded and it really didn't go mainstream until MQ2 came along. The only person I know that can fully answer this question is eqmule, as he was around since the beginning.

Well, the first version mq or mq1 was built from the ground up by plazmic, it did inject etc as well and had a scripting engine.
The truth about MQ2 is that in 2003 Sony inadvertently distributed a map file for eqgame.exe with all the function names and classes etc. We quickly realized it could be imported and exported into readable formats like csv/xls/idb and functions and offsets could be sorted. Once that work was done, Lax understood that it was a major breakthrough for mq, and it was such a big change that it wouldn’t be mq1 anymore, he completely redesigned the core base and subsequently renamed it as MQ2.

I have done some major overhauls since 2012 as well and at one point I considered renaming it to mq3 but never got around to it, what we have now is very different from what MQ2 looked like 2012... so I might still do that in the future, we are at a point where most structs have been fully filled in and we could move completely into just using classes.

Last edited:
News - Macroquest 2 Overview and History (Video)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back